324 messages Options
1 ... 45678910 ... 17
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Plattekill Conditions

Ethan Snow
How about this.

Say you divide 2500 by 5, and get 5 middle aged, working adults on here to put up $500 each. Then each of those 5 guys would be responsible for recruiting 10 people to come to Plattekill. People already on the forum who pay 50 for a ticket would be evenly distributed, and count twards that 10. For example, if 25 NYSBers sign up, now each guy only has to find 5 friends from outside the forum to show up. Maybe you make it so you have 10 guys put up $250 and he is responsible for recruiting 5. Or some combination of that. These guys would have to be given legit Plattekill ticket vouchers.

It shouldn't be hard for a community of this size to pull off an event with 50 people attending. The goal would be to promote the hell out of it and sell 100 or more tickets which would be a net gain for NYSB.

Heck, I would put up $250. I'm pretty sure I could find 5 guys.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I know some people I could invite.  For me to go, it would have to be done during my spring break.  Winter Break is too early, and it's a huge hassle to make up everything if I miss class for a day, and this simply cannot be done if I have exams, presentations, etc.  No way I'm going through that to ski in the Catskills, and I don't think I'd even do it to ski at Whiteface.  If I'm really desperate for an extra day of skiing, I'd just check out Titus at night.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
I can understand that. I go to college 30 minutes from Plattekill, and I still, under no circumstances, will miss class to go skiing. I have on occasion attended class and skied in the same day on Friday, but It's a lot of hassle, and requires perfect timing to maximize an hour or two of actual time on the slopes.

When is your Spring break?
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Maybe think about why your sig is gone.
Cause Lookout at WF is opening tomorrow and my petition was outdated.  I was going to take it down on my first ride up the Lookout chair on Saturday.  Just wanted to see for myself that it was open and the facebook posts weren't lies or a conspiracy.

Can I have it back without the petition?  Just "If you can't cover it, don't cut it".

Also Ethan, my spring break is March 18th-26th.  Spring for the cats, but I still consider that mid season up here at Whiteface.  It could be cool to have a spring rental date.  And the bar would get lots of money (from everyone except us).
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
snoloco wrote
Also Ethan, my spring break is March 18th-26th.  Spring for the cats, but I still consider that mid season up here at Whiteface.  It could be cool to have a spring rental date.  And the bar would get lots of money (from everyone except us).

If we talkin 2018 I'll be 21 by then.

And yeah, I don't see what's wrong with a Sig that says "if you can't cover it don't cut it"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Ethan Snow wrote
 I go to college 30 minutes from Plattekill, and I still, under no circumstances, will miss class to go skiing.  
My how things have changed
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
campgottagopee wrote
Ethan Snow wrote
 I go to college 30 minutes from Plattekill, and I still, under no circumstances, will miss class to go skiing.  
Seriously, what's wrong with kids these days?

Also, first 50 skiers only pay $25 today.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by snoloco
No that's not why. I told you I was cool with your petition.

Signatures are a bonus not a right.  In reality you deserve a signature because like I said before, you make a contribution.

But at a more basic level members are allowed to post links in the forum. Non or banned members aren't.  It's a bit of an end around the mod for you to post links for your boss. I said I was going to try to move beyond it and I'm trying. But you pissed me off.

I'll reconnect your sig.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator

txt from Brownski
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
In reply to this post by Brownski

Guys, I don't think anything has changed. I have never missed a class to go skiing. I have no idea how much education you have or if you have any ideas what a responsibility is it to be a student. Especially in a STEM field. Im assuming that if you can afford to ski you have achieved some l level of responsibility in your life.    You can't miss class or you will fall behind and you may even get a zero on a pop quiz.  Its basically like working a full time job on a schedule where you don't get sick days. You do however get plenty of vacation time between semesters, and I have weekends off. Its really not bad at all if you just embrace the schedule, and limit your skiing to the days you have no class. I work hard to be a conscientious student, and I don't appreciate anyone making fun of the fact that I would go to class over hitting up a good Pow day.

I am not a traditional student at all, yet I work hard to maintain a 3.5+ GPA.  I ski way more than likely any other person on this campus, and I go home at night to make snow and ski on my own personal hill before often doing additional homework. I think that's pretty core of me.

I'm sitting here in front of a computer screen working with engineering software with another tab open for NYSB so I can get my mind on other things once in a while. I'm optimistic that I can finish up my work in the next couple hours so I can go home, fire up my snowmaking, go skiing with my friend who is also coming, and not worry about homework. Then I'll go skiing again tomorrow. Not sure if I'm going to Hunter or Plattekill.

Brownski wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Ethan Snow wrote
Seriously, what's wrong with kids these days?

Also, first 50 skiers only pay $25 today.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Just kidding around. It's awesome that you work hard. Keep it up
Reply | Threaded
|

moguljunkie
Glad I went today. Was still plenty of untracked in the woods. Stuck to lower angle stuff on an older pair of skis and didn't do much damage. But had an awful lot of fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
nice mj. Brownski was there, said it was great.  $25 too.
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
In reply to this post by moguljunkie
moguljunkie wrote
Glad I went today. Was still plenty of untracked in the woods. Stuck to lower angle stuff on an older pair of skis and didn't do much damage. But had an awful lot of fun.
i was planning on going all week until I saw the web cam photo of the private party. it looks like the renters didn't find all of the stashes. good choice by you and brownski
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
A couple more from yesterday

Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
Brownski, how are the Latigo's treating you in the woods?

What length are you running on?
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Very happy with them.  I got 184s.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
Today was great. I stayed out of the woods for the most part except for the glade between the upper section of Plunge and Freefall. The rest of the woods seemed pretty scratchy to me. Its nice to finally have a good natural covering really making all the trails wall to wall.

I don't think I hit one ice spot all day. Everything was very carveable. I think They were hard at work all week resurfacing all the snowmaking trails. Today was snowmaking on Block which then moved to upper Plunge and they ran hoses to the middle section of Plunge under the lift.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
I have to agree, Ethan, today was really nice. Block was just awesome.

It was a Platty blue day:

1 ... 45678910 ... 17