12345 ... 60
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread

pro2860
mattchuck2 wrote
pro2860 wrote
I played my 3rd round of the year yesterday. I hit 15 greens in regulation but managed to shoot 77 with 6 three putts! 

My putter which worked great my first 2 rounds was M.I.A! It always amazes me how something that works great one day can be gone the next.

In golf everything is temporary. Sometimes this is a good thing..sometimes not..
Yeah, these early season greens are so variable. I had another 4 three-putts yesterday. Still shot a 43, but it could've been way better. My irons are looking good, but I had a couple of erratic drives. Definitely feeling better this week, though (might have had something to do with the beer I brought - beer cart girl isn't out yet).
I wish I could blame my poor putting on the greens but they were in very good condition! Just couldn't get the pace.
I would leave the first putt 4 or 5 feet short then miss the next one. Never had a beer til we were done..maybe that would have helped!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
pro2860 wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
pro2860 wrote
I played my 3rd round of the year yesterday. I hit 15 greens in regulation but managed to shoot 77 with 6 three putts! 

My putter which worked great my first 2 rounds was M.I.A! It always amazes me how something that works great one day can be gone the next.

In golf everything is temporary. Sometimes this is a good thing..sometimes not..
Yeah, these early season greens are so variable. I had another 4 three-putts yesterday. Still shot a 43, but it could've been way better. My irons are looking good, but I had a couple of erratic drives. Definitely feeling better this week, though (might have had something to do with the beer I brought - beer cart girl isn't out yet).
I wish I could blame my poor putting on the greens but they were in very good condition! Just couldn't get the pace.
I would leave the first putt 4 or 5 feet short then miss the next one. Never had a beer til we were done..maybe that would have helped!
no, no, no....u pros can't have any beerz
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
 You're right! We used to be able to but there were some problems with individuals who couldn't control themselves so instead of dealing with those individuals they took the machine gun approach and banned drinking for all pros!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
No way! Didn't know that. Golf without beer!? That's just damned unAmerican!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
First round of the year, heck 2 years, in the books---shot 85. 4 doubles and wayyyyyy too many bogies, no birdies. Struggled at first stay down and thru the shot, coming up and out is really a bad thing, thus the 85 . If I didn't chip and putt as good as I did it would've been a 105. Felt good to get out and the beer was mighty tasty
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
 85 .......Hey NOT bad for an opening round Camper !  Doubles  n ' Bogies happen, especially early season when u r still working out the kinks in the swing . And dayum ya get no. FN roll early season either ;)

itchin to get out dammit , me and the Queen been sick for 2 dayum weeks with friggen nasty germ , it sux !!
  Glad u got out there and opened up in a good fashion my man .

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Hope you feel better real soon pal.

i was encouraged with how it came around. my 4 doubles all came from me friggin TOPPING my t-ball or on a long second shot. for whatever reason i was pulling up and out resulting in moving my head quite badly, that's how you top it, and i was toppin it good  . guess i was to scared to get over on my left knee for fear of it giving out......funny how 4 or 5 beers took care of that fear and i could stay down and thru. Looking forward to giving it a try again tomorrow----big tourney comming up on May 19th, gotsta get practice in for that one. Not that I'll have to do too much cause Racer is my pardner
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy

New golf terms

Some new golf terms to use when you're ;out on the course... ;

A 'Rock Hudson' - a putt that looked straight, but wasn't.

A 'Saddam Hussein' - from one bunker into another.

A 'Yasser Arafat' - butt ugly and in the sand.

A 'John Kennedy Jr.' - didn't quite make it over the water.

A 'Rodney King' - over-clubbed.

An 'O.J.'- got away with one.

A 'Princess Grace' - should have used a driver.

A 'Princess Di' - shouldn't have used the driver.

A 'Condom' - safe, but didn't feel very good.

A 'Brazilian' - shaved the hole.

A 'Rush Limbaugh' - a little to the right.

A 'Nancy Pelosi' - Way to the left and out of bounds.

A 'James Joyce' - a putt that's impossible to read.

A 'Ted Kennedy' - goes in the water and jumps out.

A 'Pee Wee Herman' - too much wrist.

A 'Sonny Bono' - straight into the trees.

A 'Paris Hilton' - a very expensive hole. ;

-- ;
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Got in my 4th round of the year after work last night.   1st one that I walked 18 and its amazing that even after ski season your legs get tired after walking 6 miles.

Have not yet broken 80 for the year so that HCP is headed back up to where it belongs around a 6 or 7.  I had a good August last year and got down to a 3 but that is not sustainable for me.

Got a new Cobra Amp Cell for by B-day and it is sweet.  I just need to start hitting greens and making putts.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I haven't putted very well at all. Another 4 three putts the other night. Another 43. Ugh, have to start chipping and putting better. Gore Mountain Scramble at Cronin's this Sunday.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
mattchuck2 wrote
I haven't putted very well at all. Another 4 three putts the other night. Another 43. Ugh, have to start chipping and putting better. Gore Mountain Scramble at Cronin's this Sunday.

Cronin's!!!!!!!!!! My Gramps was a member there for a gazillion years. In fact, the picture that used to be on their score card was him puttin on the 18th green. Good memories of that place, I need to get back there.

that whole good chipping and putting thing i had going last week is now gone this week----what a stooooopid game.

wonder what game i'll have this weekend. it's always an adventure.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
at this point in the season you can't get too hung up on putting.  The greens really are barely growing so they are not cut evenly and roll different speeds are are bumpy

focus on hitting fairways and greens and the rest will come along

shot another 79 yesterday and the game is coming along but the putting is not yet - so I'm ok with where my game is for this time of the year.  Driver is pretty good now working on hitting more greens.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
ftwr 3 weeks of feeling crappy finally felt good enough to get out for round number 1 of the season this am .

Meh so so round shot 44 /43/87.  The Big stick and approaches were fine but man that dam little stick blew up on me.
had a triple , a double ,and a bunch o bogeys even tho i hit the damn greens in regulation . But it will come , not concerned at all . Just felt good to finally get out of sick bay and get some fresh air
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
A little better second round today , 44/41 /85 but blew up with another damn triple bogey  ugh !!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
1st good round today.  76 on LP Club Links course in the rain and 20 mph wind.  I got into the battle against the elements and was grinding big time.  It was lots of fun

IMO the 10th is the hardest hole on the links is 445 yards and today played with a 20 mph left to right cross wind. Hit a driver in the fairway and 3 wood from 225 to 20 feet and sank the putt. Certainly played like a links course today. For some reason I tend to play well in bad weather and I love being the only one on the course.

I had two chips that hit the flag and did not go in so it could have been a 74.

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

review of Sun Mountian rain gear

Z
I just got a new set of Sun Mountain rain gear and put it to the test today on a rainy and windy day on the LP Club Links course.

The Torrent Pant and Short Sleeve Pull over kept me dry and breathed well.  It has a 4-way stretch fabric and says its 2.5 layer.  I don't get how you can have a half layer but it does move well and did not in any way impede my swing.

The price was really good for this quality of gear - a top notch golf rain suit for under $200 is a steal.

Got it here

http://www.golfclubs.com/apparel/sun-mountain-torrent-lt-ss-pullover

The other key to playing in the rain is my click gear push cart with built in umbrella holder.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: review of Sun Mountian rain gear

campgottagopee
Played 9 holes yesterday----was 9 over par with 6 pars---twas a crazy/funny 9 holes of golf
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Nice round CAMP

I had a big weekend Turned 70 ( free skiing at Titus now !!) AND shot a pretty decent round of 18 , 4 birds, 6 pars , a pair of 39's for a 78 . Only my 3rd round of the season , been nursing a little water on the knee issue but it is much improved and i got it braced for golf .

happy about the 78 , only my 3rd sub 80 , all since i was 69. Yrs old. Hahahaha
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Nice playing Warp! Great start to the season
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thanks Pro , coming from YOU , it means something special .
12345 ... 60