classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1194 messages Options
123456 ... 60
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: review of Sun Mountian rain gear

campgottagopee
Good shootin Warp---pretty soon you'll B shooting your age!!! Pretty cool when that happens. Hopfeully I live long enough for it to happen
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
This fing weather.  Have not been able to play in a week

Maybe Sunday afternoon if there is not too much snow on the ground in lake placid
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Played yesterday . After a week of rain , course was wet in spots and gave NO roll at all, greens were slower too.  Shot a pair of 42's for an 84 , one bird , 5 pars , but a few doubles ugh ! !  Made the mistake of bringing my lighter putter and ledt a few short so today the heavy one goes back in the bag ;)

Supposed to rain the next few days so i figured better get out there again this am
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Just back from 18 today , 43/40 /83  with 9 pars BUT 4 friggen doubles . the only thing that saved my AZZ today was only 34 putts for 18 . Yep, i went back to my old heavy mallet putter ;)
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Golf Thread

Z
This post was updated on .
Shot a 78 in the pouring rain Sunday with only one double bogey on 18.  Given the weather and no roll a very good score.

Monday my short irons I starting hitting slightly thin so the lower flight put me over 8 greens and you can not go over on an Allister Mackenzie course.  A very painful 80 resulted.  I need to hit the range and sort out my angle of attack.

The golf gods take away more that they give.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Nice round Z !!! Playing in the rainis ALWAYS an adventure .
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I'm a mudder.  I seem to always play well in bad weather.  I think it focuses me on the task.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Good on ya coach , playing a difficult game under adverse condition takes serious skill and dedication ..... Nice goin man !,,

Just back from 18 today in the heat wave , played ok 8 pars , 32 putts , 42 /41 /83 .

BUT , i was ON the damn green in 2 on a long par 5 looking at an eagle , When my ass had to hustle to get a damn par , yep i rushed it and Messed up .with 3 damn putts arrrrrgh ;)  The course giveth and the course taketh away
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I had a fun match with my son yesterday on the Pristine 9 at the Lake Placid Club.  We had to go to an extra hole and I had to make birdies on the last two to take the match.  I shot a 33 and he had a 51.  I'm going to have to start cutting back on the strokes he gets and I hope he is giving me strokes some day.  I just ordered him a new set of clubs in the next size up.  This summer he is doing the advanced jr golf clinics all summer at the LP Club.

Golf is one of the few sports like skiing where you can enjoy it with your kids.

If you have not played the Pristine 9 its well worth playing when you are in Lake Placid.  It's a par 29 course with 7 par threes and two par fours.  The par threes all are different lengths from 90 to 205 yards.  The greens are small and fast with lots of slope.  This was designed by Allister Mackenize designer of the Augusta National and is similair to the par 3 course there.  
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
A nice sunny day for the NYSEF open on Sunday. Two groups tied at a gross 58.  What is remarkable about that is that you had to play different tees depending on your HCP.  HCP of 9 and under had to play the Gold "Tiger" tees which are crazy long on about 6 holes taking the best players essentially out of the hole.

Me thinks there are some sandbaggers out there.

My question - do you under report, over report or right on report your scores for HCP purposes?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
That's why I never play hcp tourneys, NEVER, that shit drives me effin stupid crazy!!! I put my scores in spot on, I want an accurate cap so when I play pro ams it's straight up. My game is so bad now that I need all the help I can get...  lol
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
yeah i also resist the temptation to play tourneys for THAT reason . Many GAME the system which sucks the PHUN out of playing the GAME . It still is a GAME , NOT FN life dammit . relax chill you should COMPETE with YOURSELF even when you are playing with others .

there is already too damn much bs in the world and i ll be dammed if i ever let some kid's game add any more :wink:

Played a couple times sunday and yesterday , course was soaking wet , ergo no roll at all . Posted up a pair of 85s which for me under the circumstances is just  a stroke over average . After last nites and todays rains you will need a damn cannon for a big stick tomorrow  ;)
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
A sandbagger only posts high scores.

An egotist only posts low scores.

The handicap system works well when all scores are posted. Unfortunately many people manipulate the system to achieve their desired handicap.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Z
Report what you get.  The system works out the good rounds and the bad rounds.  People that game the system suck.  I can tell you from experience a lot more people game in their oppnents favor..which I will gladly take your money.  People used to tell me all the time I wasn not a 11 handicap.  My response was yes I am you are not an 8 handicap... now pick up that four footer Ill give it to you.  HA.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
tjf1967 wrote
Report what you get.  The system works out the good rounds and the bad rounds.  People that game the system suck.  I can tell you from experience a lot more people game in their oppnents favor..which I will gladly take your money.  People used to tell me all the time I wasn not a 11 handicap.  My response was yes I am you are not an 8 handicap... now pick up that four footer Ill give it to you.  HA.

Guys like that crack me up too.

we have one of those at our club. Every time we see him in the bar he's bragging about his score, how many birdies he had, about this, about that, blah, blah, blah. Every Club Championship he's played in he's never broken 90 either day---BWHAHAHWHAHAHAHA
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
One thing to keep in mind is the hcp system is based on potential. By taking the low 10 out of your most recent 20 scores it takes a loooooong time for a cap to change. I also believe you can't have an accurate cap in just 9 holes, so much can happen in the other 9. Anyone who's ever played knows what I mean. I remember one inner club tourney where I was paired with my buddy racer. Standing on the 11th tee I was even par for the day, I made a 11 on the hole , he looked at me and said, "camp, you just got TKO'd"   ----he's an ass
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
My handicap is up there this year, but not because I'm sandbagging. It's mostly because I suck. Nothing ever seems to come together. If I'm driving well, my putting sucks. If I'm putting well, my irons suck... I need to play more. 9 holes every week is not enough to get better...
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Thats why I dont play anymore.  I moved north and could not find a partner I liked playing with.  Everyone cheated and wanted to play straight up.  I stopped playing and then when I would play I would be pissed all day cause I did not hit the shots I thought I should have.  People who say a bad day of golf is better than a good day at the office are hacks.
When I go out now I am happy to break 95.  

If im not playing and practicing 4 days a week my game is going backwards.  Ill pick it up again someday.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Happy B-day pal
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Thanks whats going on with your game.  I thought you used to be good?  
123456 ... 60