classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1194 messages Options
1234567 ... 60
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread

campgottagopee
It's inconsistant as hell, I can't keep it together for 18 holes anymore. My bad habit has always been getting stuck on my right side and not staying down and thru the shot. Now with this friggin bum left knee of mine it's worse. I can still manage 13 to 14 holes of golf, but the other 5 to 6 holes are BIG numbers---get stuck and flail it right, get stuck come over the top and flail it left, get stuck and top it, just plain UGLINESS!!!! I was never a scratch golfer but in my day was a legit single digit hcp (for 18), now no where near that.

The other day when I said I was 9 over par in 9 holes w/ 6 pars I wasn't kidding-----that shit gets kinda old.

Kinda like Tiger, I'm going thru a swing change

mtn biking is where it's at for me now
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Top 3 picks to win the US Open:

Tiger Woods---best player on the planet, why not.
Bubba Watson---he bombs it!! as wet as it is there he may have an advantage
Boo Weekly----he's a redneck, we stick together
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
My problem is that for a 5 HCP i just don't make enough birdies - story of every golfers life.  I'm a steady eddy golfer. I make tons of pars, stay out of big trouble and if I do get in trouble don't try for a miracle shot and just back into positon.  I my 15 rounds this year I think I have had maybe 5 or 6 double bogeys.  In a team tourny or captain and crew steady is not going to win.  I'm much better in match play.

Did you guys see this new PR push to speed up golf with the slogan taken from Caddyshack?  Great fricking idea.  I HATE slow golf.

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/usgas-while-were-young-campaign-good-step

I also think that USGA should change the rule to only allow you to clean and mark the ball once on the green.  These guys that remark and line up their balls every putt like they are on tour kill me.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Came a half inch from an Ace on 15 Mountain at the Lake Placid Club yesterday.  Somehow the ball was directly behind the hole so it must have hit the pin or hole.  That is a blind tee shot between the Mae West Boobs and down hill - shows you how old this course is that this its that hole's nickname.  Ended up with a 75 with 2 Three putts including on 18.

Who has had a Hole in One?  I've not yet had one in over a 1000 rounds.

There was a Tourny on  both courses this morning at the club and is pouring now so I might get skunked out of playing on Fathers Day.  There is always the Open on TV and some craft beer.

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
74 today.  Was one under thru 11 then I ran into 4 bozos making a day of it that would not let a single thru.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Shot a 40 /39 / for a 79 today , putting continues to be strong 32 putts . Big thrill of the day a 305 yd drive
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
That is a heck of a drive given the wet conditions

I played the Whiteface Club over the weekend with my dad.  The course is in great condition.  Tough course with lots of dogleg lefts.  If you can't draw it many holes require hybrids or irons off the tees.  Putted well I was pleased with a 77 on that difficult course.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Nice round coach !! Playin with your dad is one of life's finest treats , wish i had played more with my dad . But i didnt take the game up seriously till i was 60 .

played with him once/twice  a yr on his 2  courses in one of those golf oriented. Florida gated communities.

yeah that 305 in the conditions was really  tagged , i guess i got it all   on the sweet spot on THAT swing. frankly surprised the hell outta me too;)
Reply | Threaded
|

njadk
In reply to this post by warp daddy
Congrats on the monster drive! Played Tupper Lake today and mustered a 280 yard drive on the 13th hole. In spite of all the rain the last few days, the course was decently dry (save for the water-filled bunkers). A birdie chip on the 4th hole was the highlight of the day, but the old glove wore through and the hand blistered up as the day went along. The +9 on final four holes put me into the mid-90s over all 18 holes. Don't like ending the day on a sour note after a solid start.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
280 is impressive and a birdie chip in is saweeeet !    
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Had a 35 on the front 9 but biblical rain on the back cooled me off.  Back 9 41 for a 76 ouch!  The last 5 holes were brutal survival golf.  Toughest 5 holes I've ever had to play.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
monsoon golf Z ???    'That is really rough to play in and keep ANY kind of round going !
Still not a bad round at all beats hell outta my round today a very fugly 83 .

I had to birdie the last 2 holes to get it too , one highlite was sinking a 75 footer to save a par in lite rain . today was the most humid i have ever seen up here , it was nasty , heavy dew misty , then rain  could not even keep a baseball hat on ,it was so damn sticky .
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
This post was updated on .
I finally got to even par.  71 from blue tees on the LP Clubs Links course.

I knew this was a special round when I birdied the 451 yard 7th hole to go 1 under.  Messed up the easy 11th but made 3 birdies in the last 7 holes.  My putt for a 70 on the 18th I left an inch above the hole but it was downhill and i really didn't want to run it 5 feet past.

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Congrats! Nice round on that course.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
best round ever fir me  today 37/38 /75 , 11 pars 2 birdies , and the new Taylormade Ghost Manta. Putter the Queen bought for me yesterday had 31 putts
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I have that same putter

Nice shooting

Where do you play?  What's your HCP?  I'm looking for a 10+ for the lake placid breweries tourney that needs to be over a 10 since I'm a single digit.

Let me know if you ever need a partner for a tourney.  
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thanks Coach i appreciate the offer , especially from a player of your ability. Your game is both consistent and controlled .

Even tho i work out regularly and stay in shape i am 70 so now play courses around Ogdensburg , Waddington, Brier Hill and Heuvelton  mostly around 6000 yds . So far this yr im averaging 83 on par 71/72 after 17 rounds . we travel the months  of June and Sept where  i play courses in MA , ME. And around Lake George region .

Play mostly for fun with friends and family , after. The heart surgery. 4 yrs ago i avoid certain environments because as an ex jock i tend to be too damn competitve  so now i play for fun or just charity oriented events and focus strictly on having fun

keep it on the short grass coach and btw that ghost manta is a great putter love the alignment feature and the weighting , glad i got it
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I'm looking for a partner for a 2 man best ball tourney see below - must have an established USGA HCP or 11+.  I'm now a 4 and min combined HCP is 15.

1st Annual Summer Classic

Format: Two Player, Best Ball

When: Saturday August 10th - 1:00pm Shotgun Start

Where: Lake Placid Club, Links Course

Handicaps: Team must have a combined handicap of at least 15, with a maximum of 45

Tees: 0-19 play Blue, >19 play White, Ladies play Green

Prizes: Awarded to low gross and low net

Prices: Non Members- $65, Members-$20

Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
On a roll. Just back shot a 79 , 38/41 blew the last hole with dreaded triple , but had 2 birdies , 7 pars , 33 putts . 4 th round this season in the 70s . It was 89 degrees here at 8 am , so it was pretty humid

Well as of Saturday we have 11 house guests for 9 days ( my kids , grandkids and BIL) coming up here annual Seaway Festival week, so i guess i will be helping the Queen get ready for this annual onslaught the rest of the week. Along  with daily water sports ,We will  play a couple of rounds with my BIL. Sons and grandboys ....that is ALWAYS an adventure
1234567 ... 60