1194 messages Options
1 ... 36373839404142 ... 60
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread

campgottagopee
pro2860 wrote
  I won't be surprised if 7 under is still leading going into the back 9 on Sunday...
Good call pro

What a fun tourney to watch!

I was stoked for Sergio. I was a little bit afraid his putter would let him down but he hung in there. The guy just hits it WAY to good to not have a major. Congrats!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
If Sergio had made the putt on 18 in regulation it would have been the best Masters finish ever.  It was still fun to watch.

If WF is skiable this weekend planning to do the ski golf double play with my son.  Given how warm it is may just be Golf.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Very happy for Sergio! Rose is a class act and has been close twice now. He will get his green jacket.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Did you see the video where Sergio's ball moved when he was removing impediments after his drop?  I don't know how I feel, he did move it, did not effect anything but he did move it.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
I did see it. Looked like it settled a little bit. Maybe a 64th of an inch? When they said something about it a few holes later I thought oh boy here we go again!!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
So if you were in a tournament and did that would you have called yourself on it?  Do you think he saw the ball move?

Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Read 18/4 and tell me what you think...

http://www.usga.org/rules/rules-and-decisions.html#!decision-18

Sergio must have deemed his ball not to have moved therefore no penalty...

I doubt that would be reasonably discernible movement visible to the naked eye. We had the advantage of a zoomed in extremely high def camera and watching it on our high def tv's. I would and have called penalties on myself several times in tournaments...

Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
It's 3 days after the tournament, so some schmuck has/will tried calling the PGA.  The window of the PGA couch referee is closing, but I don't see it as shut yet.  How the PGA lets morons call in to report penalties day(s) after is a joke.

That said, I think Augusta Nat'l would tell the PGA to f-off.  Once the green jacket is on someone, it's not coming off.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Rules officials viewed and made the call that there was no penalty before he finished his round therefore it's a mute point. I firmly believe Sergio had no idea or he would've called a penalty on himself. The integrity of the game is one of the things I appreciate the most about golf.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by pro2860
I think they made the correct call.  I did not see Sunday and only got a goggle feed on Monday showing it. They reviewed it and put it to bed.  I would like to see a view of when the ball moved and Garcia's face.   Oh and I think Augusta would say FU as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Anyone been out??? For gawds sake it feels like it just stopped snowing around here. Thinking tomorrow may be my first day of hit it, go find it, and hit it again.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Man i d love to go but docs have me on restriction till fall. I am just getting off the cane now ,but they say i can mess with the irons soon . Hmmm maybe I'll invent me some new golf game that called " Start at the white stake " adjust par down by 18 or so and go from there 👿
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I have a about 5 rounds in.  Had a good range session Thursday and shot a 74 on the LP Links Friday.  The new cheap membership on the LP Mt course makes it tough to get out on that but the Links is deserted as a result.  The greens are still pretty slow but getting better.

Played a fun match 9 hole against my son yesterday that went to the 10th hole to finish him out. Giving him one stroke a hole.  He is in 8th grade and is playing #3 on his HS varsity team.  When he has to play a JR or SR he gets shelled but is holding his own with a couple wins a tie.  He has played well enough to make sectionals in a couple of weeks.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Got out for 9

Shot 45 which isn't bad considering my 7 - 7 start putting me 6 over after the first 2 holes. Nowhere to go but up now
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I have been out 4 times.  The weather looks like it is finally breaking. Busy this week so I have not had time to hit the range.  Have a few things I am changing and need to work them in.  Been in the mid to upper 90's with a low of 84.  every part of my game comes and goes.  Wonder what it will be this weekend.  Started playing WOLF instead of NASSAU.  It keeps everyone working together and against each other.  The pots can get pretty big and its great for bantering.  Cant wait to play Sunday.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Tjf
You playing mostly at LP Mt Course on the cheap deal?
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I played there once.  Been to Craingwood, ADK, Mountain an Turning Stone.  I am lucky I can play a weird times like 230 on a  Sunday Afternoon.  This Sunday I am playing Highlands with my Albany friends.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Which course at T-stone did you guys play
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
We played Schenendoah this year.  I played it a long time ago when they only had one course.  Last year we played Atunyote.  From a hackers perspective I could not see a 120.00 dollar difference in the course.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Shen is the only one I've ever played there. Played it twice, both times in Pro-Ams. Got a skin one year

I know Pro plays Atunyote in his monday events. I wouldn't pay the freight either. All their courses are primo.
1 ... 36373839404142 ... 60