174 messages Options
1 ... 6789
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Today's Climb

Harvey
Administrator

Spectacular.  Looks like you are killing it in New York.  More please.

I think Jeff posted a pic of his wife from the "L" few years ago. Inspiring stuff!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

jjp24
Thanks. Surprisingly not really any epics. On the Diagonal I got hopelessly off route on the second pitch, spent about 45 minutes on sketchy 4th class tree-pulling trying to find the correct way to go. I ended up down climbing back to the belay and made the decision that if I didn't find the correct route soon we would bail. I went back up and it turns out that a steep, wet looking chimney had some dry and hidden holds to the sides so I was able to make it up to the ramp, and the rest of the route went smoothly. Considering it's the most popular route there I still found it pretty wild and adventurous.
Reply | Threaded
|

jjp24

The King Wall, Adks
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242

Halfway or so up the third flatiron. Longest climb I've ever led, it was so exhausting mentally. 8 pitches.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I led them all. The climbing was pretty easy but there's still route finding to do and pro is sparse. 3-4 pitch climbs might just be more fun for me. We were on the rock for too long and bailing would be its own challenge. But, we just beat the rain.

A trip to RMNP is barely necessary, I can't believe the quantity of climbs in the city of Boulder. The flatirons may be the greatest city park on earth. Plus you have Boulder Canyon, Mt Sanitas, Flagstaff..... It's pretty incredible.

Even better than arguing about politics'
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by ml242

Nice ml.  

I don't know how you do it. I mean all you guys.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ml242
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Jeff - I've bagged peaks and skied officials of them in Colorado but today I went to flagstaff mountain -- in Boulder -- and hiked and climbed from 9am - 2pm without seeing about anyone at all. Boulder is a hell of a town. The 14ers are great and all, but a city park a few minutes away that you could never get bored in is just unreal. I am seriously questioning all of my life decisions right now, haha.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242

Castle Rock in Boulder Canyon. Once home to the hardest climbs in the country and where Colorado hardmen go to train for Yosemite because the granite is similar. Picture a four pitch beehive that sticks straight out of the road in the middle of the canyon. Just a weird formation that we don't have on the EC. And man is the climbing tough, I popped my shoulder out in an off-width on pitch three of the easiest climb there -- West Face Direct.

Here ISBD is featured on the 5.4 downclimb.

Weird route, weird place, definitely a thrill.
Reply | Threaded
|

jjp24
Wow, looks like a great trip! Gunks were great yesterday, surprisingly empty for a summer weekend.

Reply | Threaded
|

jjp24

The Adirondacks have been great lately! Fall is on its way.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I was so excited to climb POM Friday but I had tendon issues. Such a bummer. Great pics!
Reply | Threaded
|

jjp24
Oh man I was at Poko on Friday, that would've been cool.
1 ... 6789