Banned User
Is that one of those 29ers ?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Today's Ride

Chris

Fat boy's got troubles...
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
How did this happen? "Should" it have failed?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
No idea, I was just putting my rear wheel back on after greasing all of the pivot points and Jess came out in the garage and said... "How long has this been cracked? "Really stinks, I don't think there's a way to weld that. Second break I've had on this GT, last time a weld cracked on chain stay- a common problem on that bike, GT replaced it for me going to see if I can get anything out of this... But the bikes a 2011 so I doubt it
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
So there was no crash involved?  Hard to believe you couldn't get a makegood on that.

I don't know anything about manufacturers. What or who is GT?
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
My condolences Chris.  (This coming from someone who has broken more than one frame... But never from JRA..)
Harv, GT is GT Bikes.  Look it up.  
Chris, how much seat post extension do you have above the clamp?  It's always wise to keep lots of post in the seat tube, even if it means a super long 400mm post...it distributes the load better.  That being said, your next bike / frame should have a dropper post.  Best. Invention. Ever.

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Harvey
Nice pic Harv.  Check this out.  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Dave-- I had my seat post out to the Max line, I would say about 4" in the frame.  Of course I thought that same thing about a longer post once I saw the crack...  I just never thought it'd happen to me!  Live and learn.  Frame was a bit small for me, so I'm looking forward to getting something with a little bit better fit.  May be jumping on the 575 band wagon
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
cant go wrong with a 575  

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Telemark Dave wrote
 dropper post.  Best. Invention. Ever.

TD
this
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Telemark Dave wrote
29+?!?!? I haven't checked on mtbr to see what new wheel/tire sizes came out this week
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
Telemark Dave wrote
 dropper post.  Best. Invention. Ever.

TD
this
I would love one , but they are quite expensive..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
Telemark Dave wrote
29+?!?!? I haven't checked on mtbr to see what new wheel/tire sizes came out this week
Big wheel hipsters.  The novelty will wear off, then Pink Bike will have to add a Penny- Farthing sub-
Category to their buy-sell.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave

Is that SBR??? He looks a bit haggard, must have been a tough ride.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Telemark Dave wrote
Is that SBR??? He looks a bit haggard, must have been a tough ride.
That's me in the white shirt. Fresh as a daisy.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Out in the Stemilt Basin via Squilchuck State Park.  Just over 15 miles with 3250 ft climbing.  Mostly XC style on the ascents with a fairly technical decent midway through the ride.

Entrance to a sweet local Pow stash

Big Ponderosa

Interesting ride profile

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
New Trails being built at Gurney in Qbury.  Go check them out!
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by nepa
Very nice nepa!  And to top it off, your "bike leaning" is superlative.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
the riding in Wilmington continues to defy the monsoons!  Hardy is fantastic.  Perfect grippe thread.  Flume is good all over with only some minor wet zones.  

PMD should be avoided.  the section from the lodge down to the rez turning left onto the rez trail is fine but the other zones are super soft and need to dry out.  

it's been an amazing month to ride in the big wink.  perfect temps, excellent grip and the rain keeps the bugs down!!

Hardy will be a hoot tonight.  Expect fun!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Scotty I wanted to come up, but I had work to do here. Agree, hard to believe how good the trails were based on the amount of rain we had.  The River is at 7 feet, in June.

Today was kind of opening day on our trails at the cabin. I arrived Wednesday around noon, and went non-stop with chainsaw, loppers, rake, and blower.  Lots of blower. Killer awesome Stihl backpack blower, courtesy Shaman.

Worked yesterday too, stacking wood, and doing some driveway repair.

Momma's Marsh

Today we "opened" with 2 real wet spots but 95% sweet grippy riding. Was so cool to ride with Shaman and Linc and then  Jeff, Jess and Jake. So cool to show our circuit to people who were excited to ride it.

Jake

Didn't take many pics.  

Maybe tomorrow at the Ski Bowl.
1 ... 17181920212223 ... 59