classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1175 messages Options
1 ... 20212223242526 ... 59
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Today's Ride

Telemark Dave
Nice bike MikeK.  And yup, night riding is like night and day.......
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by nepa
Sorry to hear about the fire.

The west is so different in that way. We don't think to much about fires consuming lots of homes outside of urban areas. And certainly not that kind of acreage.

The single track looks fun. How far is it from home?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
This post was updated on .
Harvey wrote
Sorry to hear about the fire.

The west is so different in that way. We don't think to much about fires consuming lots of homes outside of urban areas. And certainly not that kind of acreage.
Unfortunately, catastrophic fire is the new normal out here.  This season was bigger than last, and last season was record breaking.  I think it was more than a half million acres scorched in WA state this year.  It would be nice if we could get record snow with record fire, but it certainly didn't work out that way last season  

Harvey wrote
The single track looks fun. How far is it from home?
This one is about 20 minutes from home.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
Nice bike MikeK.  And yup, night riding is like night and day.......
Thanks!

I brushed a few trees in tight spots, I'll tell you that!  I could see fine - the light setup I have is more powerful than the brights on my car, it was just different somehow.

Next step will be skiing this area at night!  It's a small plateau, only about 100-150' vert but there are gullies and natural half pipes all over (the best bike trails are in these pipes).  It's pretty much all hardwoods and mostly clean from all the bike trail work.  Should be some fun xc skiing!

Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User

Still ridin'...
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
MikeK wrote

Still ridin'...
Where were ya riding?  Also, nice Avatar!
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
'round Rochester area:

http://mygroc.com/single-track.html

This was at West Bay.  The others were at Dryer Rd.  I mix it up depending on conditions.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Still riding.  We blew all the trails the first week of Nov, after all the leaves were down, and everything's riding great.  This is yesterday morning:

When I ride our entire trail network it ends up being almost exactly 9 miles (we added almost 2 miles more singletrack this year).  I hardly ever ride straight through without stopping for some sort of trail maint, but did yesterday (except for a 4-5 min re-hydrate, de-hydrate, photo stop).  Covered the 9 in just under an hour 30 (including the stop), so averaged sub 10-minute miles.  Pretty happy with that.

Anybody near Wilton that wants a tour or a copy of the trail map, give me a shout.  We've had lots more people riding this year so word's been getting out.  There's a whole crew (not me) that'll be riding fatties here this winter.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Still ridin' as well...

It snowed this morning, so that's gonna mess things up, but I took a day off last week and rode two bike parks... one in the morning, one in the afternoon.

Half pipe thinger at Tryon:

I was at the Bay in the morning.  I'm gonna ski this shit:

Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
MikeK wrote
I'm gonna ski this shit:
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Hard to complain about this weather

"Peace and Love"
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
i agree. went for a beautiful ride on the thatcher park trails today. shorts and t-shirt. i'm beginning to worry.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Damn, me too.  My wife reminded me that we were skiing last Black Friday.  I mean skiing in the woods, not at a resort on fake snow!

I tried to take a ride today but I forgot my pedals.  Don't ask me how that happened, but it did.  I took a hike instead...
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I never imagined I could be smiling this much when it's fifty six degrees on black friday.

Fantastic riding.

Ruby Mtn from the Red/Yellow trail intersection

Shout out to Shaman for the surprise trail blowing. Sweet.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
I also had an amazing ride this morning into afternoon with the local crew.  Weather was perfect for riding and I was on some private trsils that I had only been on once a few years ago when they were in their infancy. Today there was 7 miles of single track with raised ladder sections, jumps, berms, both earth, wood and rock form as well as wooden berms with just the right amount of chicken wire to keep your grip in the morning dew.  Pretty incredible that it was all on private property just 30 miles north of midtown.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
I'm taking a half day tomorrow and going MTB.  Fuck this shit...
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
good move

this might be one of the coolest videos i have seen ..
the last move was insane....watch the whole video

http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-videos/must-watch-danny-macaskill-the-ridge/
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
yea as much as i'm jonesing to check out my new hip on the ski will likely stick to the mtb for now
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
I don't know about you guys but our trails are dry and it's in the 50's.  Oh and there is no snow... seems like a no-brainer to me!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Just got my new peddles yesterday
"Peace and Love"
1 ... 20212223242526 ... 59