12345 ... 8
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: $147 Million Proposed for ORDA Upgrades

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
JTG4eva! wrote
.  I’m getting fricken old.  Even when I ski hard I’m quality over quantity these days, and have no problem taking a break for a nice lunch.  That, and I enjoy a post ski soak in a hot tub more than anyone, and I’m not above getting a massage once in a while.
Lol.

This fucking guy calls *other people* "douchebags"

Hilarious.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
MC2 5678F589 wrote
JTG4eva! wrote
.  I’m getting fricken old.  Even when I ski hard I’m quality over quantity these days, and have no problem taking a break for a nice lunch.  That, and I enjoy a post ski soak in a hot tub more than anyone, and I’m not above getting a massage once in a while.
Lol.

This fucking guy calls *other people* "douchebags"

Hilarious.
Good God, you’ll attack me over anything!

If enjoying a lunch, sitting in a hot tub, and getting an occasional massage makes me a “douchebag”, then I guess I’m a “douchebag”.  Enjoying adult things, I guess I’m just not core enough for insolent little millennial shits like you?  Boohoo.

And I don’t call *other people* “douchebags”.  Just you.  You are the real deal, king shit, ultimate Douchebag (no quotes, capital D).

We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Cry more
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Your idea of me “crying” is.....odd.  I’m a crying douchebag because North Creek doesn’t have lodging that will keep my whole family happy, and I like food and hot tubs???  It’s always a pleasure to have you in the convo!  You are just really, really odd.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
 I guess I’m just not core enough for insolent little millennial shits like you?  Boohoo..
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Cue the victim shtick....
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Who let MC out of his sandbox
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
Lol.

You're the most fragile person on here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
I'm not a fan of the mountain coaster, but I have to take the good with the not so desirable.  

Over Christmas break many years ago, my wife and I saw then Governor Pataki enjoying dinner and possibly an adult beverage at the Lake Placid Pub & Brewery.  Must be something about the mountain air that attracts governors.  
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
JTG4eva! wrote
If enjoying a lunch, sitting in a hot tub, and getting an occasional massage makes me a “douchebag”......
What about skiing then sitting in a hot tub while eating, drinking AND smoking a cigar?  
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
In reply to this post by TheGreatAbyss
TheGreatAbyss wrote
It's becoming increasingly difficult for IOC to find cities to host the Winter games.  Perhaps Cuomo has a vision for 2026
Sounds like a pipe dream, but I'd love to see this happen so my family could experience such an event as I did in 1980. Also have other reasons why I'd like to see another Olympics held in LP, but not getting into the detail at the moment. The World Games scheduled for 2023 is step one...beyond this, who knows.
"Feets fail me not"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
Not sure what this whole tangent has to do with Orda but MC tends to do that to threads

Gore’s issue is proximity to the market it serves.  It’s a day trip for most of its customers so hotels are restaurant investment is a tough sell.  I also understand that a chain hotel tried to set up shop there a while back and the local yocal politicians ran them off with some zoning BS.

Gore has seen heavy investment under Orda and it’s become a very good ski area.  Bell has also got the investment which I’ve always disagreed with.  The reason is Orda has a mandate to drive return to the state thru tourism and nobody wants to spend money in the Cats thus it makes no sense to invest there as the is no ROI not to mention just getting a payback on the principle.

My current issue with the Govs proposal is it focuses on all the bells and whistles and does little to make the core skiing product better.  All the capex in the world if you can’t even blow snow on your signature trail Skyward does skiers no good.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I want those kinds of things when I’m looking at taking Cody on extended weekend trips. I eat that resort experience shit right up :D
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
JTG4eva! wrote
Ha!

This is exactly why we are going to get another 4 more years.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
<quote author="JTG4eva!" insolent little millennial shits </quote>
 Great choice using the word, "insolent" JTG....One of my all time favorites, lol.
Used in the first Austin Powers movie if you recall.
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
For about 3.5% of that amount Big Tupper could be back, spread some of the wealth around, especially since WF was part of the reason Big Tupper folded.
Reply | Threaded
|

TheGreatAbyss
In reply to this post by Jon951
Jon951 wrote
Sounds like a pipe dream, but I'd love to see this happen so my family could experience such an event as I did in 1980. Also have other reasons why I'd like to see another Olympics held in LP, but not getting into the detail at the moment. The World Games scheduled for 2023 is step one...beyond this, who knows.
I don't think it's that much of a pipe dream.  Hosting the Olympic Games has become an exceptionally expensive proposition for cities that don't already have the infrastructure in place, in which the financial ROI will never pay off.   Only totalitarian states like China and Russia are willing to invest in brand new infrastructure and they look at the games from a purely geoPolitical perspective -  in the same way they look at parading nuclear missiles through Red Square.  

The winter olympics are especially poor investments as it appeals to such a niche audience.   There has been a lot of talk about having the winter games rotate through a set of locations that already have the infrastructure in place, and making the games smaller and more approachable both financially and in the events themselves.   Watching a handful of rich kids launch themselves off 20 foot half pipes doesn't actually sell the sport very well to the unconverted.

Lake Placid makes a ton of sense in the above context.  The northeast is the biggest ski market in the US (maybe the world) and the feel of the games will be more about returning to its roots.  I can totally see Coumo making a bid for the games while he's still Governor, and then hoping to host them when he's president.
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
Huh?  Where are the athletes, media, and fans going to stay in LP?  Where are they going to fly into?  Albany?    

LP will never host an Olympics again, nor should it, especially if NYS planned to fund that dream with my money.  

The only place in the US that should host the winter Olympics going forward is Salt Lake City.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
North Elba town Supervisor Jay Rand called the governor’s proposal “good news.”
“It’s a fantastic investment by the state,” he said. “The venues are so critical to our entire North Country way of life. From an economic standpoint, they draw a lot of people here, as well as athletes.”

North Country way of life. That's interesting. LP is such a small percentage of the true north country way of life yet it's getting a massive percentage of the money.

I still stand by fugazi comment.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Saratogahalfday
Saratogahalfday wrote
Huh?  Where are the athletes, media, and fans going to stay in LP?  Where are they going to fly into?  Albany?    

LP will never host an Olympics again, nor should it, especially if NYS planned to fund that dream with my money.  

The only place in the US that should host the winter Olympics going forward is Salt Lake City.
L.P. couldn't host it on their own, but it could go as a statewide bid.  Say, opening ceremonies in Yankee Stadium, hockey at Barclay's and Buffalo, speedskating somewhere else.  Olympic rules were changed a few years back to allow a broad area, i.e. no one "Olympic village."

It would be a good way to mitigate terrorist threats.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
12345 ... 8