12345 ... 11
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Banned Members

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Glade isn't so bad deep down.  Just that it's too deep for many to access. Can't really figure out why he wants in so bad.

His pitch is about all the pageviews he drives. But I don't think he understands the math.  It's like saying "hey can I whack your foot with a hammer for 45 cents?" Doesn't add up, for me anyway.

EDIT: I promised Glade I'd post his link so that y'all could show your support:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/494/529/365/reinstate-glade-runner-to-the-ny-ski-blog/

Lots of semi-famous people and some pr0n stars signed it so get in on the action!

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I don't remember ever signing this.  I'm not from New Jersey.  He also spelled my username as 2 words instead of 1.  Still, the quote "I miss Glade's rants and I woke up every morning excited to find out who he told to fuck off next." is pretty funny.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Who's Dick Hurtz?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Relative of Mike Rotch?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Plus you've got the classics Jeremy Ron and Ben Dover.

And it looks like Laszlo misspelled both his first and last name.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
NYskier and Linger Longer can be added to the banned list.  This includes members who have posts up, but not spambots or Glade Clones where their posts were deleted

Noah John
Glade Runner/Mountain Dick/Powderchaser
Linger Longer
NYskier
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I'd pay money to read diatribe between Noah John and MikeK.  Best stuff ever published on the internet.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
ScottyJack wrote
I'd pay money to read diatribe between Noah John and MikeK.  Best stuff ever published on the internet.  
Bwahaha!  I'm flattered.

He knows where I am.  Like him and Ron I've been banished to the darkest corners of the internet.  I like it there.  People are cool and different, and sometimes a little crazier, maybe a little smarter, a lot more misunderstood?  I don't know?

It reminds me of high school... only I'm 35 and he's like, what?  70?

If I want to go argue with incoherent, senile geezers who want to tell me how awesome they used to be I'll go visit some at the old folks home.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by snoloco
Great to have a scorekeeper, but you are missing a lot of data.
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
glade was an idiot. who the hell skis in the trees without poles? i miss his photos. the guy hit it last year. he caught more good powder days
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by Harvey
Are they all the same IP addresses?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
That was some good stuff for sure

p.s. sorry we missed you a couple weeks ago, it was wayyyyy too nice out to leave the lake. Got to see TJ for a quick meeting tho
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Are they all the same IP addresses?
It's so easy to get around banishment it's not even funny.  Unlikely they were the same as most probably came from a proxy server.

You could set the forum up to reject certain IP addresses that would most likely be from proxies, but not all people that use proxies are out to troll or are rampant, maniacal assholes.

In the same sense, not all trolls or rampant, maniacal assholes get banned.  Life ain't fair, get used to it or eat your gun.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
So did you ever figure out who Noah was? I know that was high on your priority list. Those telemark forums are to damn confusing because everyone has so much history.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
I know about the real Noah John, the hermit, but as for this other guy, nope... I'm not that much of a stalker I'm afraid.

My shtick has always been if he wasn't anonymous, he wouldn't have the power he has.

For all I know he might be someone I know who is messing with me... but I doubt it.  None of my friends are very good skiers  

He's really little threat to me, if he was, he would have done something already.  I've put myself out there on various mediums.  I just know I can get under his skin as much as he gets under mine, so it's hard for me to resist.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Great to have a scorekeeper, but you are missing a lot of data.
I admitted that I was missing a lot of data as I can't list spambots that were banned and had all their posts deleted.  The ones I listed were members with their posting privileges disabled where you can actually find their posts and their avatar will read "Banned".
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I was kidding sno. Due to an odd quirk in the way the forum software works, having the spam group visible actually helps me manage it.  But your incessant vigilance and reporting of it drove me nuts, so I decided I'd rather work around it, than have you reporting on it.

Glade has maybe 9 aliases and Noah has 3.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I never noticed any Noah clones.  I did notice a few of the Glade clones, but after the first two, all the next ones were quickly banned with all of the posts deleted.

I wasn't incessant in reporting who was on the spam list.  I only reported about it once when Glade got added to it, which he was banned shortly thereafter.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Ok maybe it was only twice.

Re: how easy it is to get around banishment, I guess it is. But it takes about two seconds to ban someone and maybe a few minutes to set up a new email address. I think Glade got tired of creating email addys. Each time he joined it was interesting to see how long he could keep it together, before going off.

Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner 4
Banned User
You know that isn't true Harvey.  As soon as you realize it's me you ban me.  You don't wait for me to go off.
12345 ... 11