201 messages Options
123456 ... 11
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Banned Members

Marcski
Glade Runner 4 wrote
You know that isn't true Harvey.  As soon as you realize it's me you ban me.  You don't wait for me to go off.
Good riddance!
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner 4
Banned User
I make new accounts and can only post in this off topic stuff about non ski related topics.  It doesn't allow me to post in the woodstove about actual skiing.  These off topic threads about politics and religion are sure to upset someone and create a problem.

Do me a favor and sign my petition at http://www.thepetitionsite.com/494/529/365/reinstate-glade-runner-to-the-ny-ski-blog/?taf_id=15304721&cid=fb_na#

I assured Harvey I wasn't here to create problems on the forum.  I'm just psyched about the upcoming ski season.  I enjoyed posting my trip reports last year.  It's understood that some people here get jealous because they are weekend warriors and can't get the real goods.  My true passion is skiing and looking for the untracked powder every opportunity that presents itself in the east.  
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
No way
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Glade Runner 4
I have a better idea, start your own forum and ban all of us
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner 4
Banned User
I'm going to be posting my trip reports to the official Glade Runner Facebook page at:

<a href="https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010268261883&tsid=0.8358668235596269&source=typeahead</a>

I thought about starting my own forum but, I prefer to spend my time skiing than running a website.  I can't be that committed to both and expect to reach my 100 day season goal.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Hey Glade,

Why not just post your stuff at TGR or EYT?  Why the obsession with this place?  Do you really feel the need to show everyone here how much better you are than them?

Skiers are an odd bunch...
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner 4
Banned User
These other forums don't interest me.  Id rather inspire the readers here to get off their bar stools and get the goods.  Inspire them to put their passions above their 9-5 cubicle jobs.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
OK - I get that.

I think a lot of people want to try to do that.  But what really inspires people?  Bragging and fighting?

I'd say if you want to inspire people start a meetup group and take people out with you, show them how it's done.  Internet 'stoke' is a dime a dozen, and doesn't always have a positive outcome.

I understand getting frustrated with a clique of individuals, I've been there.  Actually it happened to me in this very forum.  I'm not sure getting back on here is the answer though.  And you could always start your own blog if you feel that is the best way to connect with people.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I'm sure glade has been banned elsewhere as well
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Coach Z wrote
I'm sure glade has been banned elsewhere as well
So have I...

Doesn't mean he might not have good intentions.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
What if he doesn't take his medicine again? Especially after he offers free lift tickets that no one takes.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by Glade Runner 4
Glade Runner 4 wrote
  Id rather inspire the readers here to get off their bar stools and get the goods.  Inspire them to put their passions above their 9-5 cubicle jobs.
Don't take this as an attack cause I really don't mean it that way. I know I'm not buying your inspiration statement and I doubt too many others do either. You don't care how people you don't know spend there free time, you just want to talk about yourself. How you ski, where you ski, how many times, etc. To different levels I think we all like to tell others about our accomplishments, its human nature. Keep it real.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
It's something the community here has to live with.  You guys should decide.  I think by this petition it has come to that, and I'm neither for or against the guy, but I don't see that working.

Personally, I read his stuff and it didn't make me want to "get out after it."  But then again, what I'm after is likely not the same.

Not a lot of internet or movie stoke does much for me.  I do like to look at pictures when I'm bored.  I like to keep up on gear and find out what real users have to say about it.  I like to see what other people are doing as far as trail building and advocacy.  I might find someone I actually want to hang out with in real life once in a while.  Other than that it's a lot of drama, eye rolls, and maybe some humor here and there.  The misogyny, political propaganda, chest pounding, etc... is sometimes too much.  But it's what gets clicks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner 4
Banned User
MikeK: I can see how sometimes my reports can come off as bragging but, how can I not brag after riding a pow day some place.  Especially some place I put a lot of thought and and planning in as a storm came in.  How I would pay attention to the storm and where it it ends up with the most snow.  But, also factor in the mountain and knowing what is going on there.  Like Mad River closing early on a Monday holiday during a storm while it snowed all evening.  I didn't just say I was going somewhere.  I check and recheck alot of things and sometimes don't even have my mind made up until I wake up and further check reports.  Or decide as I'm headed to Albany.  Or the day at Magic last year for 15" of untouched and deciding to drive twice as far for the goods than ride leftovers at Plattekill.  Which would have been much easier also considering I was sitting on a Plattekill ticket but decided to drive twice as far and pay for a ticket when I already had one.  

So I know it comes off as bragging but, I'm pretty proud of most of my skiing decisions and the thought put into them.  You are right about starting a group.  I already have put together a small group of people that slowly grows.  This has been key to getting out more.  Always having someone to go with.  I've met a few people from here and actually went a lot better than you guys might have expected.  First time I met Cornhead we drove him in early December through a sleet and ice storm the entire way to Killington.  Hit over a foot of heavy stuff midweek that worked good with no base.  We were there as ropes dropped all over the mountain.  Hit trails and glades for the first time they had been hit all season.  I know this because it was the first real snow there and the first day specific lifts began spinning.  Then drove back the entire way in ice and sleet 5 hours each way while skiing all day.  I really like the planning process the night before and the morning of.  On my page I'm going to try to make that part of the process out there for people to see.  So they can agree with us, maybe meet up.  Or disagree and see who gets the real goods in the end.

Coach Z: No, I haven't been banned elsewhere.  Thanks.

Johnnyonthespot: Anyone who has skied with me knows I'm always on my medicine but, thanks for your concern.

Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I like what Glade is saying.  Doing the research and nailing it is a great feeling.  Sharing the thought process as education not boasting would be an asset.  I'm sure you have made mistakes too where you missed out or it rained instead of snowing.  Telling others that too would be good.

Unfortunatly you either go off your meds or get shit faced and then tell everyone to F themselves - like 100 times in a few posts.  We don't always have to agree or be the perfect citizen all the time but if you troll and are anti social with out adding any benefit there is a limit and you went over it way too often.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
I can understand being excited about something, or maybe coming across a little harsh at times.

I was thinking about your WF slides experience and what I read there.  But hey, I read it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I've already suggested to Glade that he try TGR. No one there would care what he said, and it's not easy to get banned there. They'd probably eat him for lunch if he pulled the stuff there he's pulled here, which could be entertaining in a car wreck kind of way.

Glade: this is my website and you've accused me of some nasty things.  I know it's a big joke to you but explaining your accusations to my family is something I'd rather not do, if I have a choice. And I do. As a member of Alpine Zone you can continue to slander me over there. My wife's 82 year old father doesn't lurk there.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Why did you even open this back up? Is it some kind of weird codependence kind of thing?
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I wasn't really focused on the forum yesterday when Glade 4 joined.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
Why did you even open this back up? Is it some kind of weird codependence kind of thing?
IDK, Harv bends over backwards trying to fair. My guess is Harv's exceedingly fair nature opened the door.

It's a great quality you have Harv. Now shut the damn door.
123456 ... 11