201 messages Options
1234567 ... 11
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Banned Members

PeeTex
Harvey wrote
I wasn't really focused on the forum yesterday when Glade 4 joined.
I find that it is usually in the fall when all the vermin wants to get inside the house, best to seal it up and keep them out. If you do happen to turn your back and one sneaks in, catch it and toss it back out.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Glade is not a bad guy. I think his heart is in the right place.

"It's not what you say, and it's not what you think, it's just what you do and if you are moving in sync... with the world."
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
Band Members

It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I've already suggested to Glade that he try TGR. No one there would care what he said
And that's why he won't do it. He wants the attention. He wants to be praised for how core he is, and I'm pretty sure that won't happen on TGR.

If he truly wanted to be here and participate, and truly had the intention to inspire or motivate people with his posts, he'd change either his message or the way he delivers it.

Gladerunner - if you're still reading this: When one person tells you you're being a d-bag, ignore it. When everyone tells you you're being a d-bag, stop and think it over. It should tell you that what you're saying or how you're saying it needs some massaging, or you need to find a different audience.

Harvey - you do a heck of a job here, and you give people more slack than I would. Your temperament suits the job.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Wow billy thanks. That means something to me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
Harvey wrote
I've already suggested to Glade that he try TGR. No one there would care what he said
And that's why he won't do it. He wants the attention. He wants to be praised for how core he is, and I'm pretty sure that won't happen on TGR.

If he truly wanted to be here and participate, and truly had the intention to inspire or motivate people with his posts, he'd change either his message or the way he delivers it.

Gladerunner - if you're still reading this: When one person tells you you're being a d-bag, ignore it. When everyone tells you you're being a d-bag, stop and think it over. It should tell you that what you're saying or how you're saying it needs some massaging, or you need to find a different audience.

Harvey - you do a heck of a job here, and you give people more slack than I would. Your temperament suits the job.
Quoted for truth. +1000
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
I agree Harv seems like a stand up guy.  And I'm not just sayin' that because he's the Admin.

One of the reason I first came to this forum was I read a blog about his cabin on Harvey Rd.  I'm sure I've said this before but I thought it was very well done and thought out and an inspiration to others who want to live (humbly) in the mountains.  I don't know if it's his family's intention to make it there full time, but I hope they do!

Glade is probably a fun guy too in his element.  I wish him luck with his meetup and hope he gets people out having fun, even if it's not through this forum.

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
ShadyGladeDee would for sure get stomped out in TGR.  

His attacks on Harvey last year were unwarranted and irresponsible.

I'm all for some good verbal assault discourse, but his treatment of Harvey was done in extreme poor taste.  

Plus he skis like an advanced intermediate and boosts like a pro...  Half foot rocks and logging road shoulders are not worthy......   
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Zippy
Glade Runner, I don't post too much but have followed your posts in winter. Do you have a nice girlfriend?  Maybe you could find a way to relax and come back. I'd like it if you would come back, I like your snow pictures.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
Missin you kid, where are you powder fresh
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Gore Improvements Summer 2015

100dayseasonorbust
Banned User
I can't deal with the non stop restrictions.  One post a day but only in specific threads.  Unable to post a topic myself.  So fuck off, block me for good.  Done wasting my time here.  Bunch of fuckin little boy touching assholes anyways.  Fuck you all.  Bye bye.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Another Glade reincarnation? Sure sounds like one of his rants.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Banned members should be given this one thread that they are allowed to post in.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Thought about that. Might be entertaining for some, but probably not too productive. Reality is that with the two-bit forum software the only way to set permissions is by forum, not by individual thread.

Plus they just jacked the support from $8 to $39 a month. That's over $450 a year, so I dropped it. No more customizations until we dump this software.

The best forum software from what I can tell is Xenforo but it has a hefty monthly fee just to use it. Super customizable. Wherever we end up has to be better than this.

BTW not so sure what Glade was so cranky about up above. I was loosening the restrictions as he seemed to be playing relatively nice. He was pretty bummed when P didn't know who he was. Didn't get that either.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
that dude is obviously mental.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Seriously?? ^^^^ You needed to point that out?? You need to rethink your statement of being smarter than 99% of the human population there Einstein

Try and keep this place alive SJ ---- I'm out until the 30th ---- got a date with a really old sugar maple
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
good luck.  don't kill any sungmanitu!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Gore Trail Map

100dayseasonorbust