Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Banned Members

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Got a note from a former regular today:

"You are such a fag.  Glad your sister died.  She sounded like a real cunt anyways.  Fuck you asshole."

Meaningless maybe, but I'm banning him again, I admit for personal reasons.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Harv,
This guy has real problems. He is likely to go postal.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote

"You are such a fag.  Glad your sister died.  She sounded like a real cunt anyways.  Fuck you asshole."

WTF!  That guy has a real problem.

I really hope it doesn't escalate but that's some pretty hateful, personal shit - I'd be slightly concerned.

I've never put much real thought into wackos on the internet causing any kind of real concern, but you never know.  Be careful!

Hey Glade - why don't you let it go man?  You're beyond creepy and now just plain scary.  If you need a place to vent about ski forums, try here:  www.telemarktalk.com
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Wow, just wow.  

Obviously he's got some things in life to be thankful for.....and with a shit evil disposition and attitude like that he sure as shit deserves to have it all ripped away from him.  I know in my Christian heart I should prey for a soul like that........but he sure makes it hard.

Anywho, before tomorrow hits, a heart felt Thanksgiving to all as we head into the holiday season, and the start of ski season!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
As hard as it may be (I know... TWSS), the best thing is to ignore.  He's obviously desperate for attention of some kind.
The old rule "Don't Feed the Troll" is still the best.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
good luck.  don't kill any sungmanitu!
Thanks bro

Had to google sungmanitu, haven't shot any only because we haven't seen any.....YET!! lol

Tough first week. Big moons and warm temps have them totally nocturnal, hard to see deer this past week. We've filled some tags but only one wall-hanger thus far for our crew. Everyday in my stand I see a group of 6 yearlings, man what fun they are to watch. At least 2 of them are button bucks and they are hilarious!!!

Even cooler is the Fischer I saw. For the past few years (5 or so) guys have said they have seen them in the woods but I haven't spotted one yet until this year. They are a cool critter to watch rustle around. Temps looking to cool off, kinda, so hoping to get a glimpse of Whitehorn the Monster Swamp Buck soon.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Harvey wrote

Wow. That's a little extreme eh?

F- that guy.

He posted up a thread on TGR a while back about the opening day at Killington. When no one responded he went on to call everyone names for not being "core" or whatever. The Killington 300 vert WROD is so core I guess everyone was scared to go.

Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
Life's too short to be miserable. Or to be around miserable people.

It's like what I tell the folks on my team....."Don't be miserable because of the work. If you don't like it here or like what you do, please.....go find something you enjoy doing. No hard feelings, I won't be upset or disappointed if you leave. Quite the opposite---I'll be delighted that you're leaving to do something that you actually enjoy."

Move on, trolls. Use your oxygen for something constructive.

Keep it up, Harv!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Thanks SIAWOL.  I do appreciate it.

I've seen some hate in life, but never had anything that mean spirited directed at me.

Probably not the coolest thing to post a quote, but I want him to take some responsibility.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Buttplugsally wrote
You know what I said to Harvey wasn't put on the forum.  While it was wrong, he was the one who put it here.  I owned up to it and I apologize to him.  But he didn't want any of you to know that.  He only wanted you to know of the negative things about me.  The truth is he never really gave me a chance to come back in the first place and that's the reason why I said what I said.
Couldn't have said it better than RA did in the other thread, you can stuff your sorry.

I'll take responsibility for failing to share your apology with the forum. Your actions in the last few days prove it was clearly heartfelt.

The idea that I never gave you a chance is laughable. I gave seven of your 15 screennames the chance to act like a human before banning them.

Mods now have the ability ban, so if I'm off skiing and you are spewing from your S5 they can handle.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Mike K joins the club!

You gotta hand it to him, he was really going for it.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
there goes the entertainment
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
campgottagopee wrote
Meh, that guy had mental problems.... hard for me to laugh in those situations.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ml242 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Meh, that guy had mental problems.... hard for me to laugh in those situations.
True -- my comment was more sarcastic than anything, he rarely, if ever, made me even chuckle. he was to predictable to actually be funny.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I think that was like some sort of social self destructive behavior he had going on there.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Unresolved Deep seated issues .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Sorry for the drama all.  I don't fully understand what happened but I take a share of the responsibility. The amount of miscommunication between Mike and I was staggering.  To me it felt like he wanted me to demonstrate loyalty to him by throwing scotty and tj under the bus. I really like those guys, when I met them I came away thinking they are very solid.

I said a few days ago there was no grounds for banning Mike, but that wasn't actually right. He did a massive deletion of content the last time he quit and that gets you banned. I have a long fuse, but when it runs out I know it.

This place means a hell of a lot to me, in some ways it is at the center of my life's work.  Maybe I am too close to it as I do take some things personally.  It's hard for me to balance running the place and contributing as a forum member. As mod I have to be somewhat neutral, but as a skier I have a lot of opinions. Regardless, I appreciate everyone who contributes.

I want to clear one thing up. I dropped ML into the mod list as a joke one night and it was the wrong thing to do.  He never asked for or wanted the job and let's face it there is really no upside it. After thinking about a couple months ago, I removed him from the list.  At least I asked SBR, but I kind of roped him into it too. PM me if you want out.

Regarding how I met my lovely wife, it wasn't nefarious. Feel the need to share the story because Mike trumped me on it. It was an old school newspaper ad in 1997. She said wrote that she want to get outdoors to hike in winter and that seemed like a cool girl to try to meet.

Again apologies for the drama.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q

good bye sweet prince........
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You are one stand up guy Harv

For the record MikeK was right about one thing --- Scotty and TJ are jerks  
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Harv , you DID the right thing , your passion for this sport and the forums and willingness to let us ALL be assholes at times is commendable . Hell half the fun here is that we can bust each others chops on occasion and no one or least damn few get all butt hurt .  So dont question your judgement at all UR a guy we all would shake hands with , knock back a few brewskis with ,and bust chops with .

MIke while intelligent simply saw the line , and willingly went over it with great frequency and even the most patient of men  ( you my man ) when crossed at the values level will respond  Hey i hope Mike can move on , but right now you were RIGHT ON TARGET Harv .

Happy trails ,
Warp

Yeah SJ , Camper and tj are among my favs they have great senses of humor and the inane
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
12345678 ... 11