classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Brooklyn heads to Plattekill this Sunday, 2/12

diamonddave
This post was updated on .
We are going to Plattekill on Sunday, leaving from The Diamond in Brooklyn at 6am.  Anyone in our car caravan gets group ticket price at the mountain for $34.95. (posted price on the attached flyer is the flex price from Potter Bros Ski Shop but we decided we'd prefer to buy direct from Lazlo and Danielle).  If you'd like to join us let me know!

We are doing a Pré Ski party Saturday evening, 6-9pm at the bar and ML242 will be there tuning skis.  $2 pints for anyone wearing an ugly sweater and we may even have a Platty ticket or two to give away!  We'll hook up a little Aspen Extreme in the background for ambiance or you can make out in our backyard Gore Gondi....  Also supposed to have a chili cookoff but I got no entrants yet!!  Let me know if anyone wants to jump in.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Brooklyn heads to Plattekill this Sunday, 2/12

chachahutbbq
Greetings from Cha Cha Hut BBQ in Arkville!

As we're open on Sunday & you'll have to pass us when heading back to Brooklyn from Plattekill, we want to offer a post ski BBQ deal. Get 10% off your order when you bring in a Ski The Diamond Flyer or say "Skip & Edie Northbottom sent me". We're open until 7PM but if you call earlier in the day - we'll keep things open to accommodate a return trip with bellies full of yummy Q.

Our location: 43311 Route 28 Arkville (corner of Route 28 & County Road 38) - you'll LITERALLY turn right in front of our joint.

Sorry we do not have beer (& no BYOB as we're working on our license).

yours in BBQ,
Frank & Cherie
Cha Cha Hut BBQ
chachahut.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by diamonddave
diamonddave wrote
We are going to Plattekill on Sunday, leaving from The Diamond in Brooklyn at 6am.  Anyone in our car caravan gets group ticket price at the mountain for $34.95. (posted price on the attached flyer is the flex price from Potter Bros Ski Shop but we decided we'd prefer to buy direct from Lazlo and Danielle).  If you'd like to join us let me know!

Forecast for Roxbury is looking ok too:

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

diamonddave
those chances at snow have increased in the last 24 hours....fingers so crossed!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Hitting the thrift store today, planning on getting a bunch of pints "to get my money's worth!"
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Cha Cha, the BBQ looks killer. See you there!
Reply | Threaded
|

k123
Do you think the wind will be a problem on Sunday?  
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
I have heard that wind is never a problem at Plattekill?  Anyone remember where I heard this?
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
In reply to this post by k123
How about a picture of that backyard gore gondi in action?  I didn't see it on the website.

Have fun at Platty.  The Danzilla clan is headed to Gore for a week.  Hope we all get snow this weekend.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In September, The Diamond did a benefit for the Western Catskills called Brew and Chew.

Here is a pic of diamonddave above Gore Red Gondi Car #98, with the check The Diamond presented to the Mark Project for Irene Relief:

diamond bar
photo by ml242

I don't see anything that indicates that wind would be a problem on Sunday.  Anyone else (?)
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Thanks Harv.  That picture is fabulous.  I remember the post about the brew and chew but I don't think I ever checked back to see the results.  Pretty cool.  Don't think I've ever seen those ladies at Gore though.
Reply | Threaded
|

takeahike46er
I'd love to participate in this, but I'll be flying back east from Utah that day. Love that hill! Have fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

Plattekill
Diamonddave, we're jazzed about the Diamond Bar trip to Plattekill this weekend. Thanks for gettin' it together despite the mild temps in the city.  

Our version of the Motel 6 ad: "We'll leave the guns on for you." Laszlo.
Reply | Threaded
|

diamonddave
Thanks Lazlo,

We'll trade you for that fine snow...couple bottles of our favorite suds
Reply | Threaded
|

k123
Harvey44 wrote
I don't see anything that indicates that wind would be a problem on Sunday.
Anyone else (?)
I saw 30 mph winds in the forecast, but I'm not familiar with Plattekill and if that wind speed affects the lifts.  They just moved it down to 25mph in the morning so hopefully it won't get too high.  

Temps look good for some gun running this weekend.  
Plattekill wrote
Our version of the Motel 6 ad: "We'll leave the guns on for you." Laszlo.
Love the new motto.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
With regard to the wind... I wasn't seeing wind in the NWS forecast, but you are right it is there now:

Saturday: A chance of snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Light wind becoming north between 11 and 14 mph. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Saturday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5. Northwest wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy and windy, with a high near 16. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

That's a north/northwest wind so (pure speculation but...) I'm guessing Plattekill be fairly well protected based on this map..

Reply | Threaded
|

ml242

Shotski is operational!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey