Cat in CNY?!?!?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
85 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cat in CNY?!?!?

I:)skiing
I guess it could be.   I have not seen the rock that the cat is in front of.  The homeowner says he measured the rock at 4 feet, that would make it 18" or more tall.    Given that and what I estimate the cat to be 2'-0 behind the rock, I really dont see it as a fisher cat.     The end of the tail is more rounded and thick as well. The tail of the animal in photo appears to wind, as opposed to going down and away.   The hind legs appear to be taller, than smaller.     Can't tell looking at the head, but the body of the cat seems to be quit solid.  

Not a hunter, dont play one on TV, never saw a fisher cat  or panther in the wild (did see them in zoo) so I really don't know.  The scale of the photo is what I am looking mainly at.     Looks bigger than smaller.    

They are looking for prints and hair now.    
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Trail Cams are the best

Another CNY beauty ---- no doubting what this guy is

Reply | Threaded
|

bean valley
I dunno...looks a lot like my Maine Coon...

;^)
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Exactly, no cats in CNY --- NOPE
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Trail Cams are the best
Not in my case

Reply | Threaded
|

bean valley
Woods thugs???
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
bean valley wrote
Woods thugs???
 Satanic rituals....IDK
Reply | Threaded
|

bean valley
Oh yeah...that's cool...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Those dudes, right there, are looking for weed

Believe you me, you can have fun with trial cams ----- few of my buddies may have a picture of my bare white ass!!
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
He's grasping something in his hand I can't make out
Reply | Threaded
|

bean valley
In reply to this post by bean valley
I have a somewhat hostile new neighbor (Every-time I see the guy he's kind of a prick) with whom I share a property boundary. He uses his property as a hunting camp and it has an extensive series of trails and old logging roads, including an abandoned town road. Traditionally community members have used these for hiking, running, skiing, and snowmobiling (Previous landowners had a contract with one the local clubs  for use of the trails for winter riding). Anyway, the new owner has gotten all possessive and has put up game cameras all over the place and has gotten a little pissy with trespassers. He confronted me one time about it and I explained about the previous uses and how I have my adjoining property under the same sort of land-use-plan. He was grumbly but seemed to let the issue go.
Other's I've talked to have had less than cordial run-ins with the same guy. Curiously, the SIM cards have been coming up missing from his cameras. Huh.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
bean valley wrote
 Curiously, the SIM cards have been coming up missing from his cameras. Huh.
These 2 bozos were too stupid for that. After they figured out they were on candid camera, the next picture the dude had his coat pulled over his head  high tailing it
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on Tuesday proposed removing the eastern cougar from the endangered species list, declaring that the cougars have likely been extinct for at least 70 years.

Recent sightings of cougars in the Northeast are believed to be migrating western mountain lions, Florida panthers or captive animals that were released into the wild, wildlife biologists said.
http://news.yahoo.com/federal-government-ready-declare-eastern-cougar-extinct-182922108.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This post was updated on .
mattchuck2 wrote
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on Tuesday proposed removing the eastern cougar from the endangered species list, declaring that the cougars have likely been extinct for at least 70 years.

Recent sightings of cougars in the Northeast are believed to be migrating western mountain lions, Florida panthers or captive animals that were released into the wild, wildlife biologists said.
It really doesn't matter if it is a mountain lion, panther, escaped tiger or extinct cougar, they are all big cats that will eat you.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote

http://news.yahoo.com/federal-government-ready-declare-eastern-cougar-extinct-182922108.html
Good article, explains a lot.

If there were truly cats around we would eventually see one dead along the side of the road. My buddy has always said that, and I'm thinking he's 100% correct.
Reply | Threaded
|

bean valley
File that under Redneck Wildlife Management, but I think there is an element of truth. OTOH, they found that cat a couple years ago dead by the side of the road in Connecticut, but that was a transient. So you see a road kill kitty, confirming they're around...but it ain't from around here.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
So the eastern Cougars are extinct. Did anybody tell the Cougars that?
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

bean valley
Cougars are not extinct, that's why they're cougars. Oh wait, you meant the big cats...
Sorry...
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
http://www.adirondackalmanack.com/2015/06/feds-look-remove-eastern-cougar-protections.html
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

bean valley
File under: 'Double Entendre I've Missed'  ;^)