classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
273 messages Options
123456 ... 14
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Charger Love....

Sick Bird Rider
Let's get this thread back on track. Bindings are bindings.

TD loaned me his Chargers today. At 191, maybe a bit long for a little guy like me. But turny - wow! And forgiving - dude, you flubbed that turn, no worries! And floaty, well that was a given.

Must have.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Stoke!

If you have access to a Canadian shipping address, both the Vector BC and Charger BC are on sale at mec.ca (20% off). Vector BC is also on sale at backcountry.com, 20 % off. I just caught my wife in a weak moment and secured approval for purchase of a pair of 181 Charger BCs. Cha-ching!
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Just came back from a tour with mine, you are going to love them!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Darkside Shaman wrote
Just came back from a tour with mine, you are going to love them!
Hey Darkside, someone (Harv...hint hint nudge nudge) should let Voile know about the unrequited love for the Chargers that's happening on this thread... Total unabashed, shameless stoke filled endorsement.

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Yes, I agree 100%! Attention Harv!!!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Nice!

Welcome to the world of bushwhackin'.

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Nice!Welcome to the world of bushwhackin'.
"BuSCHWACKING"
Or just plain  SCHWACK!

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Oh, and congrats Harv.  

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Thank you!

So does this mean Rossi fondness can live over here?  Who's in charge of this thread?

I have a little trail. I skied the full length of it 6 times since 5pm last night.  

Grooming by skiing our minibonk hill.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
I was a bush wacker for 10 years before I ever rode a lift.    Longest wack by map/compass was probably 5 miles.

Just never used a ski you could truly turn XCD style.  

The Rossi has camber and I do like it.  Steps turns are way fun.  

The snow is great right now too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Harvey wrote
I was a bush wacker for 10 years before I ever rode a lift.    Longest wack by map/compass was probably 5 miles.

Just never used a ski you could truly turn XCD style.  

The Rossi has camber and I do like it.  Steps turns are way fun.  

The snow is great right now too.

The skiing you did 10 years ago was old school schwackin', mon. Modern times schwackin' with mad tele skillz on ze new fat turny boards and boots of plastique is a whole new world of fun.

It's all good!
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Thank you! So does this mean Rossi fondness can live over here?  Who's in charge of this thread?
Sure.  I heart the Rooster..In fact, all my lift served skis are Rossi's!

You know Harv, maybe you could flex your admin quads and reboot this thread - or part of it - as a XCD sort of deal.  Your call.  Won't hurt my feelings.  I'm too busy skiing.

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
And as for you SBR, rumor has it that your new Charger BC's might just not be "Worth" waiting for...

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
You suggesting a new name for this thread?  Seems unfair to you Charger guys who started the whole damn movement!

Trail to the Complacent Spot
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Very nice woods you have there Harv... Accessible from your place? On skis?

As for the thread, maybe it could be "The thread formerly known as Charger Love.."Nah, let's just keep it going and let it morph/drift in whatever way it does.

Whatever. It's all good, just like it's all skiing.

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
And as for you SBR, rumor has it that your new Charger BC's might just not be "Worth" waiting for...

TD
Well, we did push a little last season to no avail. My take on the situation is that while the wait may be Worthy, it may be longer than a week. As in, next season-ish.
Reply | Threaded
|

weasel1
The tricky part is only in sorting out the scales. Sourcing positive-scale base material is proving challenging, so then the other option is setting up the router table or CNC to grind bases. Also, we would want to be able to offer an even lighter, but still durable, core option. Fear not, this is absolutely on my agenda... I <3 meadowskipping, even though I am the world's worst nordic skier.  :-)
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
weasel1 wrote
Fear not, this is absolutely on my agenda...
Wow. If Worth releases a fish scaled fatty, then I'm definitely going to be in line for that one. put a pair of Freedoms or TTS on there and rock and roll.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Other than days above freezing when you have to wax with bubble gum, I've never really liked waxless skis.  I find it really easy to throw some kick wax on and just go and the skis aren't slow, nor do they make that silly zzzzzipping sound, when you turn them down hill.  What am I missing?
123456 ... 14