We knew we were Dick's... You don't know it yet
Exactly
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

MC2 5678F589
But today’s kids don’t get to have fun like you guys did?

Got it.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote

Got it.
It can't be very much fun sitting inside playing video games while your brain goes numb. Just sayin.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote

Got it.
It can't be very much fun sitting inside playing video games while your brain goes numb. Just sayin.
You did shit that your parents thought was dumb too.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
If you were on Delta flight 4815 on 7/6 from Atlanta to Albany NY .you should be tested. Very important!

From a doctor I followed on
Facebook
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Contact tracing at work.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/us/delta-air-lines-coronavirus-passengers/index.html
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote

Got it.
You did shit that your parents thought was dumb too.
To this day my mom would tell you the dumbest thing I ever did was buy a motorcycle.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
That’s because she doesn’t know about the other dumb shit you did!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Harvey
Yesterday added.

Harvey wrote
Johns Hopkins, US CV Deaths:

7/10 - 806
7/09 - 982
7/08 - 829
7/07 - 1174
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
The silver lining is that the 3 passengers were tested as soon as they had symptoms, which was the day after the flight.  So contact tracing can start and the other passengers and crew were alerted.  As opposed to being yet another completely undetected cluster that could've grown much faster without the testing.

Reminds me of the skiers who returned from Austria in early March who found out they had COVID-19 because Iceland and Germany had testing well organized already.  Even so, it took a while for the authorities in the ski town to shut things down.  Just as Colorado was slow to close down after COVID-19 was detected in people who were at Vail in February after they returned to their home countries.  Although I don't know that CO public health officials knew about those cases or not right after the people were tested and confirmed as positive.

I noticed in March and April that the cities in the midwest and east with early outbreaks had major international airports (NYC, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, etc.).  Atlanta fits right into that scenario, although now it's only domestic flights.  But at this point more likely to be exporting COVID-19 from Georgia, instead of having passengers bringing it in from wherever they start.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Good news.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Harvey wrote
Can we stop giving him credit for doing the absolute bare minimum? Like, this was a month & a half (and about 40,000 deaths ago):
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-mocks-politically-correct-wearing-mask-2020-5

When can we stop patting this guy on the head and saying, “Good boy”?

I said this months ago:
MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
No politics in the OT, imo, is very simple. Hopefully this thread doesn't get locked due to only a few who can't quite grasp the idea.
Haha, fine...

WITHOUT GETTING INTO POLITICS, if you had an employee, let's call him "Don" who came in and bragged about grabbing women by the pussy and created constant problems with his racism, greed, lawlessness, and stupidity, would you fire him and be done with him? Or would you come in every day, month after month and say: "Okay, Donny, new day, new you, right? You're going to be less crass, less rapey, follow the law, stop stealing, and make better, smarter decisions, right? I'm rooting for you!"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
IMO masks are the key, if we can get everyone on board. We can't do that without the presidents help.  A tepid endorsement maybe, but a start.

Yesterday added.

Harvey wrote
Johns Hopkins, US CV Deaths:

7/11 - 771
7/10 - 806
7/09 - 982
7/08 - 829
7/07 - 1174
^^ Regarding this, deaths are only a small part of the story. But from a PR POV they are important.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This is "going around" now. It could be photoshop or fake news, but it could also be real, I don't know.  Either way, I believe the president's language and approach have a big impact on a significant number of Americans.

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Those are media sycophants patting him on the head and saying “good boy” like you are doing.

They can’t get him to do the right thing by explaining the science so they have to appeal to his ego and call him a big manly powerful man.

It’s ridiculous that people feel like they have to treat the fucking President like a fucking 5-year old.
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
I agree that in most cases and on most threads politics should stay on the sideline. But in regards to the Corona Virus, ignoring politics is ignoring the elephant in the room. Trump has continually contradicted experts and science in regard to the pandemic and continues to do so. He hasn't had a discussion with the leading expert in the country in over two months and is now working to undermine him. He holds the largest indoor event in the WORLD since the pandemic started. He downplays the escalation in cases. He's pushing to open schools while cases are growing. He wears a mask in public one time in the last 4 months. Big deal. The slowdown in the economy will now be longer and deeper than it would have been if he had listened to experts from the beginning. Whether places are open or not, people will not go to them with cases expanding. He needs to make a strong public announcement that everyone in every state should wear masks when social distancing is not possible.
My European associates are just flabbergasted that mask wearing has been politicized when it has been shown to reduce infections in every other country that has practiced it. Most third world countries are doing better than the U.S.
Trump is now the leading cause of death in the U.S.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
trackbiker wrote
  flabbergasted that mask wearing has been politicized
LOL --- that and a whole slew of other things ---- politics has become the queen of drama
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
MC you don't give me much credit.  I'm not patting anyone on the back.  I'm saying the president influences a ton of people, and he wore a mask. I don't care who those people are or what they think. If they wear a mask I still call it good news.

Maybe the pandemic isn't really impacting you but it is really exacting a toll on our family, especially our daughter. We've got to do more to fight it.

I guess this is my fault, I should have known where this would go.  I'm locking the topic and banning myself from the OT for two days.
1 ... 5960616263