1254 messages Options
1 ... 60616263
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

Harvey
Administrator
This topic is unlocked. Let's stay away from the back and forth insults. They add nothing.

I lost track of the Johns Hopkins death numbers by day.

This is from Wikipedia:

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
No food, no drink. What are we, Utah?
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Simple solution : drink at home on your deck , cheaper , safer  and no drunken assholes to deal with , just sayin'😈🍻

Hey U want a friend or two over on the deck , no problemo keep the chairs six ft apart and talk loud 😎Should be no problem by the the time you're on your second brew

You're welcome 😏
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
warp daddy wrote
Simple solution : drink at home on your deck , cheaper , safer and you'll be the only drunken asshole there, just sayin'😈🍻
FIFY Warp
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I believe Camp is probably sharing out of concern for the bar owners and employees rather then concern for the drunks
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by Harvey
Nah BS me and my golf buddies will be the DAH's  but only got to jump off the dock to sober up in a hurry 😏
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I went food shopping today, which I rarely do. (Thanks Zelda.)

The mask wearing was near 100%. I only saw one person with it pulled down talking on her phone.

Cool map from the NYTimes:

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
I believe Camp is probably sharing out of concern for the bar owners and employees rather then concern for the drunks
This is true. It goes back to a few ruining it for everyone else. The ones this hurt the most are the responsible bar owners who are doing nothing other than trying to make a living. Why can't the Gov simply close down the ones who don't comply. I still say he did an incredible job but now it sometime seems he's enjoying flexing his muscles.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
campgottagopee wrote
Brownski wrote
This is true. It goes back to a few ruining it for everyone else. The ones this hurt the most are the responsible bar owners who are doing nothing other than trying to make a living. Why can't the Gov simply close down the ones who don't comply. I still say he did an incredible job but now it sometime seems he's enjoying flexing his muscles.
IT's probably easier to require food than it is to clear a bar full of drunks. We need to accept that everything is awful now and for the foreseeable future. This is just one more thing.

There's been a 40 year war against happy hour by the DWI lobby. When this is over I'm sure they will push to keep the-drinks-with-food-only rule permanently.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Milo Maltbie wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Brownski wrote
IT's probably easier to require food than it is to clear a bar full of drunks. We need to accept that everything is awful now and for the foreseeable future. This is just one more thing.

There's been a 40 year war against happy hour by the DWI lobby. When this is over I'm sure they will push to keep the-drinks-with-food-only rule permanently.

mm
Seriously??? The health department can close one down in a matter of minutes.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I am very down on the US in general right now.  How can the place I call my home, what I think to be the best country in the world be getting this so wrong.  So I did a little snooping and now to me it appears what is happening here is happening just about anywhere I would consider living.  Good thing the entire world is working on this.  Its like a train going down a track and we are trying to finish the bridge before it gets there.  
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Don’t let that American exceptionalism cloud your judgement.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/how-to-waste-1-trillion-200156818.html
1 ... 60616263