1254 messages Options
1234 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Coronavirus

wonderpony
How is it affecting you?

After skiing on Saturday, I did a dump run, which had to be done,  and went to the grocery store for my normal stuff. The TP aisle was bare. My next stop was the farm and garden store. I jokingly asked if they had any TP.  They did, so I grabbed a pack. I also stopped by another grocery store on the way home, which was fully stocked. I am good to see go.   I also stocked up on wine. 😁

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Coronavirus

PeeTex
wonderpony wrote
How is it affecting you?
I also stocked up on wine. 😁

WP
I stocked up on Corona
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by wonderpony
I admit I have started using the hand sanitizer that’s been in my glove compartment for years. Other then that, not much has changed for me. When I’m told to work from home I’ll get back to you
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
#flattenthecurve has prompted a website created by someone who clearly works in public health.  Worth checking out.

https://www.flattenthecurve.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Seen that. Basically everyone is going to get it. Or the number is fixed, it's just the timing.

Self preservation, run right out now and start kissing strangers.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Brownski
I look at CL everyday, you just never know what will be on there. Anyway, here ya go. 1 gallon of hand sanitizer for $100.

https://ithaca.craigslist.org/for/d/trumansburg-1gallon-purell-hand/7091049984.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
This post was updated on .
Yonkers and White Plains cancelled the St Pats parades. I’d appreciate it if all Westchester residents on here could buy some extra Jameson to make up for it.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
I work at Cornell.  They are sending all the undergrads home, not to return after spring break.  All classes will be held online.  It's pretty crazy here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This article is full of charts and very sobering. A long read but worthwhile:

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by marznc
Yep, all were doing is spreading out the numbers so the system can keep up and warm weather will lessen the severity. We’re all likely to get it.

Cuomo closed all state colleges.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca
Yikes

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
they just closed all of SUNY and CUNY
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
NCAA hoops tourney to be played with no fans. I feel bad for these kids.

Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
Not closed, but distance learning.  My son is at Plattsburgh.  They’ve just been notified that after spring break there will be no on-campus classes.  However, housing and community living will remain open.  So, at least for now, students can still chose to live on campus, so everything isn’t closed.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote

The discussion and plots showing differences between cities for the 1918 flu show the impact of decisions about closing schools and otherwise limit people's interaction is worth checking out.  It's towards the end of the article.

Another good source of info about why it's worth the effort to limit transmission to slow down the spread is a new website based on Flatten The Curve.

https://www.flattenthecurve.com
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
JasonWx wrote
Not closed, but distance learning.  My son is at Plattsburgh.  They’ve just been notified that after spring break there will be no on-campus classes.  However, housing and community living will remain open.  So, at least for now, students can still chose to live on campus, so everything isn’t closed.
thanks for the clarification..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
JasonWx wrote
Just curious, if he decides to come home are they offering a prorated refund for his room and board?
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Brownski wrote
JTG4eva! wrote
JasonWx wrote
Just curious, if he decides to come home are they offering a prorated refund for his room and board?
Well, that would be HIS decision!  See how that works? I bet that was a consideration in keeping the housing and community living open.  If they closed it people would (rightly) expect a refund.  But it isn’t closed so....no refund for you!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
JTG4eva! wrote
Brownski wrote
JTG4eva! wrote
JasonWx wrote
Well, that would be HIS decision!  See how that works? I bet that was a consideration in keeping the housing and community living open.  If they closed it people would (rightly) expect a refund.  But it isn’t closed so....no refund for you!
That’s what I figured
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Someone has stolen all the sanitizer from our local hospital, as well as, they are running low on certain protective supplies.

This is going to get real crazy.
1234 ... 63