Fall Weather 2014

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
73 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fall Weather 2014

tBatt
6+" Predicted for Whiteface over the weekend.

SJ, I got chu.
TWSS
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
KALB
LONG TERM /THURSDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/...

THE GUIDANCE HAS COME INTO BETTER AGREEMENT DEVELOPING AN UPPER LEVEL LOW OVER THE NORTHEAST AS WE HEAD INTO THE WEEKEND...HOWEVER THERE ARE MANY UNCERTAINTIES IN ITS EVOLUTION.

THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SURFACE LOW/CYCLOGENESIS AT THIS TIME WOULD INITIALLY BE EXPECTED OFF THE MID ATLANTIC/NEW ENGLAND COAST FRIDAY NIGHT WITH THE DEEPENING LOW TRACKING NORTHEASTWARD. HOWEVER THERE ARE SIGNALS FOR SECONDARY CYCLOGENESIS TO OCCUR OVER/OFF THE COAST NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND SATURDAY UNDER THE CLOSED UPPER LOW. WRAP AROUND MOISTURE/PRECIPITATION WOULD BE EXPECTED ACROSS THE REGION.

WITH THE PATTERN SO AMPLIFIED MUCH COLDER AIR WILL BE DRAWN INTO REGION SETTING THE STAGE FOR SNOW EVEN IN THE VALLEYS AS TEMPERATURES ARE ANTICIPATED AT THIS TIME TO DROP INTO THE 20S AND 30S FRIDAY NIGHT WITH HIGHS SATURDAY ONLY IN THE LOWER/MID 40S IN THE VALLEYS WITH 30S ELSEWHERE.

ITS MUCH TOO EARLY TO DISCUSS POTENTIAL QPF AMOUNTS AT THIS TIME. IN THE MEANTIME...A LARGE STRONG HIGH BUILDS SOUTHWARD OUT OF CENTRAL CANADA SHIFTING EASTWARD THROUGH THE WEEKEND.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
(deleted)
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
JasonWx wrote
You have heard me say it before..Oct or early Nov snow is bad JuJu..Every year that we have early snows the season for the most part has sucked..
Last year no early snow the season rocked..Lets bring on the cold and snow Dec 1...
One of my best ski days before Christmas last year was Nov 11th.
Oct 2011 was the big year, when MC2 and I skied 2+ feet at Whiteface, and that was a pretty good year, too.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
You have heard me say it before..Oct or early Nov snow is bad JuJu..Every year that we have early snows the season for the most part has sucked..
Last year no early snow the season rocked..Lets bring on the cold and snow Dec 1...
Oh good. Noted Weather Pessimist and constant Wet Blanket Jason is back. Maybe you can let us have some fun this year before taking a shit all over every positive forecast.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JasonWx
Yeah, last year had no early snow:
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
LIKE A PROOOOO
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
tBatt wrote
LIKE A PROOOOO
Lol. Yeah, I was like, shit, is that Andrew Mclean taking his skins off?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
that video is nothing but icy crap, the mountain faces the wrong way!
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Harv, that map has been changing a lot. Currently, for the worse. We'll see what Sat afternoon brings, though.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I saw that. First it shifted way east (just the Daks and east) now the snow has all but vanished.

I wasn't really expecting to ski on it anyway:

It was just the first map I saw this season with any real colors in the east and it was plopped on NY, so I figured what the hell.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
nice stoke!  that video reminded me of the Belfry on Rt 242.  Finally stopped in there last year or a year ago and man what an awesome après bar!  I could get wrecked there for sure!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
ScottyJack wrote
nice stoke!  that video reminded me of the Belfry on Rt 242.  Finally stopped in there last year or a year ago and man what an awesome après bar!  I could get wrecked there for sure!
Yeah I have to walk my comment back too. That video has great tunes.  I also think I'm biased because MC and T are awesome ski partners and it's hard to separate from that.  Maybe that's the problem with gopro - not scalable to a wider audience beyond those who were there (or wish they were!)

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Harvey wrote
ScottyJack wrote
Yeah I have to walk my comment back too. That video has great tunes.  I also think I'm biased because MC and T are awesome ski partners and it's hard to separate from that.  Maybe that's the problem with gopro - not scalable to a wider audience beyond those who were there (or wish they were!)
The Belfry!
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Anyone want to drive to New Brunswick?

Are there actually hills big enough to ski there?
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
More importantly, do they face south?
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by tBatt
tBatt wrote
Anyone want to drive to New Brunswick? Are there actually hills big enough to ski there?
You should be looking a bit North... The Chic Chocs...
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
This post was updated on .

Coincides with the above forecast map. 2-4".  Nice to see this early, but really, it's a tease.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This is looking better, for the East: