Harvey
Administrator
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fall Weather 2014

PeeTex
Up here in the wilderness it is supposed to pretty much be below freezing every night after mid week, mid 20's and below. Snow and Ice in the forecast for later in the week. At least I got the wood in - time to bundle up and wait for the white stuff to build.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Winds gusting in the big wink today.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

11/07/14

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Harvey
North side of lower Pitchoff, Keene, Essex County  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 11/07/14

JTG4eva!
It's beginning to look a lot like Chri.......er, I mean ski season.

Day after Halloween and the cable Christmas music channel was already playing in my house!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 11/07/14

PeeTex
A great dusting in the hills above 2700' by my house. Had snow on the deck but didn't last.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Both Darrin and Rich (the snowmobile weather guys) seem to see a decent chance for something real towards the end of next week.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Stevie Lapointe is hinting at the same thing out of CBS in Smallbany  He's been using choice words so far though as not to create the typical mob scene of the first winter weather.  

I feel so bad for meteorologist in todays era of social media.  I've seen people ask them how much snow they will receive on their street, and I'm pretty confident they were serious when asking the question.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
Chris wrote
I feel so bad for meteorologist in todays era of social media.  I've seen people ask them how much snow they will receive on their street, and I'm pretty confident they were serious when asking the question.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Well just to the left of the "s" in "heaviest snow" ... This.

"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I can't tell you how excited I am to have good ole fashion deer hunting weather for opening week!!!!! It's been YEARS since I've had to break out the Johnson Woolen Mills gear --- bring on the cold and snow
Reply | Threaded
|

lolkl
Good luck Campy, in case that's what it comes down to. It was hot and dry here until a couple days ago. It was raining on Sunday with a temp in the high 50's and by morning it was below zero. 2 friggin inches of snow ain't going to do it. It was 12 below this morning and not expected to get above 10 degrees. I have been a puss and haven't been out hunting in the cold. I don't think I could handle dressing out a critter and dragging it in these conditions. Oh, it sucks to get older. They can make snow out here but not enough to open the ski area. Our opening day is Thanksgiving but maybe not this season. 2 weeks to go and we'll find out. Last year we were skiing much of the upper mountain the first day but then it didn't snow again until Feb 7th, the day I got hurt. Then it snowed almost every day for the rest of the season.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
I can't tell you how excited I am to have good ole fashion deer hunting weather for opening week!!!!! It's been YEARS since I've had to break out the Johnson Woolen Mills gear --- bring on the cold and snow
Good choice Camp.  I've got a pair of Johnson wool pants..used to tele in them.. Snow sticks to 'em really well. Can't hide when you eat shit!
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by lolkl
lolkl wrote
Good luck Campy, in case that's what it comes down to.  
Thanks Bro ---- Luck is def a good thing to have when chasing the whitetail
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
Telemark Dave wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Good choice Camp.  I've got a pair of Johnson wool pants..used to tele in them.. Snow sticks to 'em really well. Can't hide when you eat shit!
Ha, yea they wouldn't be the best for skiing, but sitting 18' in the air they work damn good.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Sunday Night into Monday:

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Interesting how the other counties won't get any snow, how does mother nature know where the county lines are?