Good news, I ain't done yet!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
86 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bad news , i'm done

warp daddy
Claude : many thanks !  I will hang here for certain , great crew , knowlegeable ,  lotsa fun ball busters too . So yeah as long as you guys can. Tolerate a cranky ole bastage i'll be around
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Sorry to hear Warp. I bet there is something else though that you are meant to be doing now that will give you an equal amount of joy. I hope you can figure that out, you probably already have.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thanks Zona , yep im onto a few things , anybody wanna hire a  crazy old ,one legged. Bald ole bastage that plays a decent axe in Geezer Rock ?  Hahaha

Been thinking about target shooting , altho never owned a weapon. campy wanted me to do it to solve a tree rat problem i had a while ago .May also consider take up  lap swimming . Golf will still be big for me too and i got a few other exercise thingys to think about .
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Best of luck, prayers and vibes to ya warp! I'm sure you will find a new way to enjoy the snow, jus t the beginning of a new chapter
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by warp daddy
Hell yes, Warp! Go and talk to the guys at your local Sportsman's Club about shooting trap. You would love it. It's challenging on all levels and there are leagues year round so your Gortex won't go to waste  
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Good Luck WD!  We'll do our best to keep the resistance strong while you are down but get back in here.  PeeHead is one tough adversary!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Heading to Saratoga on the 15th for reconstruction surgery on the botched hip on the 16Th.  3-5Hr surgery

IF all goes well.Surgery might be more difficult If the femoral unit does not come out easily.He would have to break more bone to get it out and THAT is more pain,LONGER recovery.hopefully it goes well if so 4-5month recovery and i may be able to ski next yr but man ill be glad to just move without pain its been 28months. Of daily pain.
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
Best of luck,I was a little skeptical of Saratoga hospital,but it was a very good experience for me,nice new rooms,they just built,I think 6brand new operating rooms,nurses and therapists top notch.if your in with the ortho New York group your in good hands.i had Dr Gainor,good Dr an a nice guy and he's a skier.  Hopefully it goes as you hope and you breeze through recovery
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Hey thats great to hear . Dr. Gainor  is my surgeon gtreat guy , his partner Dr Silver is a friend we know his family very well . My wife plays tennis with his mom and he ran track in hs with my and they competed against each other many times im college . Doc  G has an outstanding rep for this surgery and came highly recommended , we hit it off right away . Everyone at the hospital spoke very highly of him . ORTHO NY is a very impressive outfit i was amazend at the. Depth of specialities and their facilities in multiple locations are FIRST RATE .

And you ARE right HE GETS IT !!

Thanks again for the feedback , i really appreciate it
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Surgery is scheduled for This   We decided with the blizzard to get down here to Saratoga yesterday instead of trying to drive thru Dacks today or Wednesday

It's a damn good thing we did.  It is pounding here . Our motel has filled up with people trying to get off theroads, including big ri g drivers . STaff here is awesome , will  be here a week while im in the hospital . We have stayed 4 nites in Jan and Feb for various tests etc at this place and we feel like family here .

They gave us a special medical rate which was great AND threw in a Suite set up for nothing extra . Great people great Breakfast , they told us to stay put today , gave us food for lunch AND dinner so here we are in front of the fireplace , can  go swimming later ..so .life aint bad

Think You guys are gonna HAVE TO GET SICK Thursday , i gotta believe it will be simply great , damn near anywhere .

Talk to ya when i get outta the operation.

Happy trails !!
W
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Ugh can't type for squat ....surgery is Thursday
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Do good Warp!!!

I'm pullin for ya baby
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Praying for a successful outcome Warp!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thank you both very much ! Hey Campy : i had the OUTBACK on this trip , it was buried i mean 3 ft on the  roof and hood , snow depth well over the top of the wheel wells . And up to the grill and behind the .

JUST Took the the anti slip and traction control off and that puppy just "walked out " in reverse no problemo-----GREAT in this DEEP stuff

Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
Hope all went well and your on your way to a speedy recovery
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Im home guys , released after 2 days . Operation was sucesssful and was an hr and 20 minutes NOT the 3-5 hr surgery they had surmised COULD take place IF the unit did not come out easily .

DR Gainor w very pleased said it  was really loose  and came out  easily . He installed one that was several mm longer and now i just have to rehab and he said he sees me skiing next season .e

I used just a TYLENOL drip for pain refused to take those damn opiodals ,,so pain was intense first nite but is greatly reduced now . Will start pt next Friday . Thanks for all the kind words and support and prayers , it is MUCH appreciated.

My daughter got to Saratoga from metro Boston and drove us home yesterday a 4 hr trip . My son is driving in from Manhattan tonite . Friends Cooked us dinner and desserts .tonite and one of my physiciam friend gave me some  guitar books and stuff to keep the ole man's mind active during the recovery .

I asked Dr Gainor about rehab and if it would be a matter of another 5-6 months , he said no we're talking weeks . He didnt specify but i found that encouraging

So we will see . At any rate glad this is on the right path now  
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
That is tremendous news, Warp. Hopefully you get past the worst of the pain quickly.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by warp daddy
Good deal Warp!!

Heal up quickly my man.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
Good stuff!  I hope you have to change the title of this thread.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
Better than expected news is better. Heal fast, heal well, Warp.

And...Go Mountaineers!
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while