classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
86 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bad news , i'm done

Harvey
Administrator
Haven't really been doing a good job keeping up in the forum due to work, saw your post while in a meeting, pretended I got a call from my wife to step out and git er done.

Good news Warp, you be rockin Titus next year with the queen?!?!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by warp daddy
great news Warp!

warp daddy wrote
I am now able to sleep on both sides in a bed ,no longer limited to sleeping on my back .

so far so good
aah, the little things! I never appreciated being able to wipe my ass until my new hip healed!

Last Friday was  2 years on mine
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Update 12weeks :totally off cane now for about a month , walking a mile .

Doing gym workouts 3 times a week on 3 machines for an hr . Swinging the clubs in the backyard now , can put on and tie  my own shoes now , (this sounds rediculous BUT  is a big deal for mobility after this crap ) .  

Yesterday went walking on two connected  islands on the Grasse River . It has a series of woodchipped trails scenic waterfalls and rapids . We both climbed beaucoup stairways to rocky ledges overlooking several waterfalls and i was able to scale up some gradually elevating rock shelves ( uneven ground ) which again is a balance and stability issue with hip replacement surgery  .

Yeah i am a bit stiff today still have some low level ache in the groin and thigh but was advised a while back this is still normal so Nothing crazy just low level aching it is much better today after rest .So my family anf friends andi are pretty happy about progress to date  !!

Heading to Cape Cod For a week tomorrow , really looking forward to getting away but it aint gonna help my waistline which needs work after 20 months of this crap 😜
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Very good progress. Man your first hip was a cob job.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Yeah bro!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by PeeTex
Awesome news Warp. Don't eat too too much at the cape
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thanks guys , i am staying positive and cautiously optimistic about this

Life is sometimes a real cliff drop .  

Together we now face yet another medical struggle with a potentially serious diagnosis of an extremely rare issue for The Queen    This  week after biopsy of a deep tissue tumor from her lower leg avfter a derm appt  .

she had had a surface basal cell removed 11 yrs ago   And  there was a. Small surface bump that re occurred    . So we had it removed and upon openig the leg there was a second tumor Not melanoma but extremely rare thing called invasive adnexal carcinoma , So we will now be heading to an oncolgy surgeon at a major center for a deep surgical intervention of the margins .

i have spent all week researching this phenomina and hers is extremely rare in its location , most present on the face , neck etc . ( usually from sweat glands , hair follicles , sebacious glands etc )I could only find one case on the leg in the entire world

She has always been in phenominal shape and easily  passes for somone our daughters age , so this shock was unanticipated . Her semi annual check ups are always off the hook . She is mentally strong and a pretty mellow and centered woman ,so together we will deal with whatever lies ahead .

She is my life , i am where i am today because of her

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
just dealt with a cancer issue in my family.
It is extremely important to go to a Major Center..Mass General / Dana Faber or Sloan..

You and your wife seem to have a strong positive attitude, I'm sure she will do great..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Good luck to Warp Daddy and The Queen of the Hop.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Sending positive vibes and thoughts your way, Warp!!  
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Praying for you guys, Warp.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
+++++++vibes+++++++ for you and the Queen WD
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thank you men !!  We are both strong , have a deep faith and will face whatever comes our way , but knowing others give a damn is reassuring . Today we are still rocking the  Cape and enjoying the beach bum life this week  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Good on ya Warp!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I got a sweatshirt in Fatface last time we were in Chatham.! Enjoy your time on the Cape!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yeah some of their sweatshirts especially that heavy duty quarterzip thingy are increibly durable.

The Queen likes their stuff, but hell she'd look great wearing a damn garbage bag , me not so much  
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Great News , the Queen of the Hop was hooked up with a great cancer surgeon who went went to Med School with a friend of ours . He has done this particular surgery several times and studied under an expert in it . in addition he is head  of the. Dept and teaches this specialty  at Upstate Med school in SYR

So the GREAT news is she is cancer free. And what was done in " margins surgery " this  past tuesday was BenIgn  .

The skin graft  taken from the other leg will be assessed this coming Monday At Upstate , then a dressing removal is scheduled on the 14th from both legs then just semi annual ck ups for 2 yrs !!  Thank god !

She is tough. , nothing for pain except an occasional tylenol . I mean this woman has No arthritis , none of the usual stuff you see by our age .   She is in great shape and the docs marvelled at that and how youthful she appears . Sumbitch , I  hit the jackpot with This chick !!  

I go for my 5 and a half month ck. Up  in Saratoga  at the end of the month. Hopefully  they clear me for golf ,  doing pretty darn well for an ole buzzard , just some minor aching .

Thanks again,one and all for your morale support n prayers ...they are much appreciated !!!

You guys are the best for putting up with me and my sometimes off the wall opinions 😱
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Glad to hear it Warp!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Great news Warp ---- !!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Awesome, WARP!! You da man! And she is da woman!!!

And, btw, your opinions are fine....you on the other hand.