classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
86 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Good news, I ain't done yet!

warp daddy
This post was updated on .
Results from the consult her by a team of orthos , show need for second surgery  on my hip .

The femoral portion has Loosened up , generating extra bone growth , pain and instability

The femoral portion of the implant was not long enough( a judgement call andnot that uncommon )  thus it had an angle within the femoral capsule that was driving the problem and causing serious pain .

Will undergo additional battery  of tests here tomoorrow , return home for more tests and returm to Saratoga in 2 weeks with final results and further analysis . Surgery not scheduled yet but may be in Feb /march .

Given the recovery period i would be over 75 yo so it is most likely i am done . I am philosophical on this .,thankful for the run, its been great .

But right now with The nasty pain and on a walker again THIS has to be done.

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bad news , i'm done

MC2 5678F589
Ugh. Terrible news, warp. Is golf still possible? Maybe light XC skiing or snowshoeing?
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Matt hopefully if this rehabs ok  golf will be ok but again i think im knocked out of the box for the 2017 season . Hope i dont go nuts  but i will stay positive and focus on what i can do and not mourn what is potentially no longer possible . Thanks for asking .

You know me i will hang around for shitz n giggles  ... Happy Trails ... Take acouple of quick runs for me huh , none o them bushwhackers  k ?

Peace out
W  
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Well, before everybody was stumped about your pain. At least you may have an answer now. Best of luck Warp !
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by warp daddy
Warp if anyone can turn this into lemonade it is you.

Everyone else, don't mess with Warp in the OT, I think he is going to be extra cranky this season.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Warp, sorry to hear this but hopefully your pain issues will be a thing of the past after your operation. Best of luck!
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Warp if anyone can turn this into lemonade it is you.

Everyone else, don't mess with Warp in the OT, I think he is going to be extra cranky this season.
.... and he'll probably have a bone to pick.    
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Best of luck to you. I recommend snowmobiling to get out on the snow then.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thank you one and all for the positivity .i appreciate the kind words and the ball busting  too . Humor is always a great elixir.

It has been a tough week , Last nite Our Maid of Honor died unexpectedly . She had been ill with low body temp for two years but was never diagnosed with any specific ailment that we are aware of. We had seen her at our 50th and spoke with her in the fall.

Apparently She went to the hospital in her central ny hometown and was gone in a matter of  a couple of days. Keep your friends close , this is a short trip for some .😿
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
^^^^^^^ THIS
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Sorry about having to go back under the knife. At least you know it wasn't something you did wrong. I sure hope your recovery is faster and better than you think.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
Positive vibes being sent your way for fast resolution of your discomfort, Warp. I'm sure you and The Queen will figure out something to do with the extra time you'll have if you can't be on the mountain
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Harvey wrote
No deal - you post here, your gonna get messed with.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
DAMN!

++++++++++++++vibes+++++++++++++++++++ being sent your way Warp

Keep your powder dry Warp
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
Best of luck to you warp daddy. I'm sure you will find another hobby to occupy your time.

I really enjoy reading your posts so keep posting :)

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
One thing you could do Warp is head over to Cuse and teach those boys how to box out!!! WTH
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
My ex went thru the same thing. Sorry you have to deal with this. Hopefully, this time it is ok. My ex's second one worked and her hip is fine now.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Good luck WD, sorry to hear the news..
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Im DOWN with that Camper strictly OLD SCHOOL.  

My mantra on that subject used to go something like this : " stick yer asses and elbows out boyz and don't let them sumbitches BREAK the damn TRIANGLE , we. OWN The paint dammit "      Bwaa haaaaa haaa .. Worked then ,works now .

IJust got back from TOGA had a hip,aspiration done there today , not much synovial fluid in the old man .

Young woman whose hubby is a Gore ski patroller was the person doing it . We were BS n bout Gore , Harv , Mike Pratt , Bad pumps and what a hosing Gore got in Cuomos proposal . Took my mind  off that damn deep tissue mining,😉
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by x10003q
Great !! Encouraging news .

Everyone i met today at Saratoga hospital had very high praises for this doc , he has seen this condition in many people . He was a really nice guy spent beaucoup time , one of his partners was a teammate of my son in hs and i believe there are 10 orthos in the group .  One of the Radiologist who did my hip aspiration  today has a husband who is a ski patroller at Gore at probably knows some of  you guys from Gore. She knew a guy name d Chris Daiger  another patroller there and married to a friend. So it was a pretty positive vibe during the procedure . Her dad had this same doc do a knee REDO on him it was a successs.

So i think i am in good hands  

Thanks again for the positive feedback about your ex's experience with a redo