Google "Rivian"

52 messages Options
1234 ... 6
DomB DomB
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Google "Rivian"

Hi guys and gals -

Given the outdoorsiness of this group and its interesting, friendly, and combative nature, please share your thoughts on Rivian.  If you haven't heard about them, google 'em.

The price tag is high, but I am told it is on par with high-end ICE trucks (i.e. 150 Raptor)

If this gets to production, it will be an amazingly capable vehicle (truck and SUV sharing over 90% of parts).  The  engineering seems intriguing.  EV motors on each wheel, 0-60 between 4.9 and 3 seconds depending on model, and ranges between 240, 310, and 410.  High torque starting at 0 rpm.  Skid plate built in and made with Kevlar. . . .
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Re: Google "Rivian"

It’s a cool idea, nice to see somebody pushing the technology forward. I feel like we’ve been waiting for the in-hub electric motors for a while now... I remembered reading something about it a while back,
https://www.outsideonline.com/2371726/electric-trucks-rivian-new-analysis
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

That's no truck
DomB DomB
Reply |

How come Camp?  

The truck has 11,000 pounds towing capacity (if they get produced).  

I like the suv because at some point we will need to get the third row in my family.  

Rivian went to (is at?) the overland expo with an attachment in the ski storage area that is a camp stove.  Thought you would like that.   😬
Reply |

From the pictures the bed appears worthless for hauling ----- reminds me of a bigger Baja, or the Honda Ridgeline. I guess it would be good for the guy who goes to Home Depot for mulch and what not, but I can't see that thing going out into the woods for firewood. That's what I meant.

For that price tag one could get a sweet "real" truck.
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

I'm getting the pick up truck if they produce them at the cost they say. I put my deposit down. Going to put solar panels on the roof for fuel. I don't need a pick up but always wanted one. I put to many miles on vehicles to justify fuel costs.
If it works out the way I plan I'll be done with gas. Zero to 60 in three seconds is pretty cool to.
Reply |

Yeah cause the sun shines all the time up in LP
tjf1967 tjf1967
Reply |

OMG you sound like Robinhood
Reply |

LARRY!!!
DomB DomB
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Got it.  Can’t disagree with your thoughts on the styling.  

But Rivian is apparently planning interchangeable parts for hauling - flatbed, bars, truckbed and cab.  

Article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tfltruck.com/2019/03/rivian-swappable-bed-modules/amp/
1234 ... 6