Greatest Threat to World Peace: A Gallup Survey

Locked 335 messages Options
1234 ... 34
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Greatest Threat to World Peace: A Gallup Survey

This map is reported to be the results of a Gallup survey that asked people from around the world the question...

"What country is the greatest threat to world peace?"

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z Z
Reply |

Re: Greatest Threat to World Peace: A Gallup Survey

Ungreatful sobs

If it was not the USA they would all be speaking German, Japanese or Russian.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

^ Nice reaction.That'd be like if someone said that you gave a shitty ski lesson, you call them an ungrateful S.O.B. instead of looking at how your lesson went and wondering why they would think that.

No, it's worse than that, it's like if someone complained you gave a shitty lesson, then you called them names and said they'd be snowlerblading if it weren't for you. It's an asshole statement combined with a statement that has no basis in reality.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Damn right we're the biggest threat, we're also the biggest bad-ass. Don't mess with the USA
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

campgottagopee wrote
Damn right we're the biggest threat, we're also the biggest bad-ass. Don't mess with the USA
See, this is better. Acknowledging that yes, we're the assholes, and casting it as a plus instead of a minus. I'm reminded of this:

campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

FKNA ^^
Z Z
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
We as a country sacrificed  so many lives and trillions of $ fighting wars which rid a huge percentages of the world from oppression yet we are the bad guys?  That young liberals in the U.S. Don't understand that themselves is part of the problem.

We could have said its not our problem many many times and looked the other way.  The world would be a very different place not for the better.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Maybe not appropriate but LMAO on that video.  Just played that at work and some eyebrows were raised for sure.

Interesting to me that Canada is buying the coolaid about Iran. Also kind of funny that France considers France to be the big asshole.  Not surprising that Iran calls out Israel and India points to Pakistan. My guess is the US domination of that map may be a representation of the sheer volume of civilians we've killed over the past 50 years.

Coach if you could have the $3 Trill back we spent in Iraq would you take it back?  Not a great investment IMO. I wish we'd spent it on bridge repair or something crazy like that.  Hell we'd probably be better off if we just burned the cash for heat on a cold night.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z Z
Reply |

The Brits so screwed up that part if the world that getting involved in any war there is a losing proposition.  I regret the second Iraq war but think we should have finished the job the first time around when it was righteous.  I really was more thinking of what we did for the world with WW2 and the Cold War.  

If we can achieve energy independence we can then just ignore the Middle East altogether though we do have some moral obligation to Israel.
ml242 ml242
Reply |

Coach, you can beat your chest all you want about WWII, but so can the Ruskies.

What are the wars we've spent trillions on since that have ended oppression again? We certainly didn't "win" Korea, but I guess anyone would argue that we made it a lot better for the people that we could help. Otherwise it's mostly just boondoggles, dollars wasted, and oppression that seems to grow right back in the fertile soil of a country that was just laid to waste.

As far as finishing the job the first time around in Iraq, here's your boy Dick Cheney on why we didn't (before he changed his mind most likely due to the $$$ because it was a total farce how he engineered the 'evidence' about WMDs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I
1234 ... 34