Locked 335 messages Options
1234 ... 17
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Greatest Threat to World Peace: A Gallup Survey

Harvey
Administrator
This map is reported to be the results of a Gallup survey that asked people from around the world the question...

"What country is the greatest threat to world peace?"

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Greatest Threat to World Peace: A Gallup Survey

Z
Ungreatful sobs

If it was not the USA they would all be speaking German, Japanese or Russian.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
^ Nice reaction.That'd be like if someone said that you gave a shitty ski lesson, you call them an ungrateful S.O.B. instead of looking at how your lesson went and wondering why they would think that.

No, it's worse than that, it's like if someone complained you gave a shitty lesson, then you called them names and said they'd be snowlerblading if it weren't for you. It's an asshole statement combined with a statement that has no basis in reality.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Damn right we're the biggest threat, we're also the biggest bad-ass. Don't mess with the USA
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
campgottagopee wrote
Damn right we're the biggest threat, we're also the biggest bad-ass. Don't mess with the USA
See, this is better. Acknowledging that yes, we're the assholes, and casting it as a plus instead of a minus. I'm reminded of this:

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
FKNA ^^
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
We as a country sacrificed  so many lives and trillions of $ fighting wars which rid a huge percentages of the world from oppression yet we are the bad guys?  That young liberals in the U.S. Don't understand that themselves is part of the problem.

We could have said its not our problem many many times and looked the other way.  The world would be a very different place not for the better.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Maybe not appropriate but LMAO on that video.  Just played that at work and some eyebrows were raised for sure.

Interesting to me that Canada is buying the coolaid about Iran. Also kind of funny that France considers France to be the big asshole.  Not surprising that Iran calls out Israel and India points to Pakistan. My guess is the US domination of that map may be a representation of the sheer volume of civilians we've killed over the past 50 years.

Coach if you could have the $3 Trill back we spent in Iraq would you take it back?  Not a great investment IMO. I wish we'd spent it on bridge repair or something crazy like that.  Hell we'd probably be better off if we just burned the cash for heat on a cold night.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
The Brits so screwed up that part if the world that getting involved in any war there is a losing proposition.  I regret the second Iraq war but think we should have finished the job the first time around when it was righteous.  I really was more thinking of what we did for the world with WW2 and the Cold War.  

If we can achieve energy independence we can then just ignore the Middle East altogether though we do have some moral obligation to Israel.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Coach, you can beat your chest all you want about WWII, but so can the Ruskies.

What are the wars we've spent trillions on since that have ended oppression again? We certainly didn't "win" Korea, but I guess anyone would argue that we made it a lot better for the people that we could help. Otherwise it's mostly just boondoggles, dollars wasted, and oppression that seems to grow right back in the fertile soil of a country that was just laid to waste.

As far as finishing the job the first time around in Iraq, here's your boy Dick Cheney on why we didn't (before he changed his mind most likely due to the $$$ because it was a total farce how he engineered the 'evidence' about WMDs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Z
Haha, this is hilarious:

Coach Z wrote
We as a country sacrificed  so many lives and trillions of $ fighting wars which rid a huge percentages of the world from oppression yet we are the bad guys?
Coach Z wrote
If we can achieve energy independence we can then just ignore the Middle East altogether
So, we're ridding the world from oppression with our freedom bombs, but once we don't need their oil anymore, fuck them? Awesome.

And even if you're using WWII and the Cold War as your examples of "just wars" (even though the tangentially related wars we fought that were loosely related to the Cold War were completely stupid), there is no current enemy remotely on the scale of Hitler or the dreaded Russians. That's what the map at the beginning said. Most people think that the biggest threat to world peace is the U.S.That means nobody gives a shit about ISIS, Iran, North Korea or any other crappy country that defense contractors want to bomb so that there's a market for their warheads, planes and ships.

Harv wrote
Also kind of funny that France considers France to be the big asshole.  Not surprising that Iran calls out Israel and India points to Pakistan.
I think that's a Iraq Flag in France (see the stars in the middle) and the one who hates Israel is Iraq. Iran is the Large Country right next door that's blank white. Safe to say they'd probably have a US or Israel flag, too, but they must not have done the Survey there.

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
 My guess is the US domination of that map may be a representation of the sheer volume of civilians we've killed over the past 50 years.
Nah. It represents the years of endless attacks the leftist media made against the US because it was a republican Pres during the Iraq and Afghan wars. They were still pissed Gore lost.

No such media attack what so ever was made against media darling Clinton for invading the Balkans which he did without UN approval I believe.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
We as a country sacrificed  so many lives and trillions of $ fighting wars which rid a huge percentages of the world from oppression yet we are the bad guys?  That young liberals in the U.S. Don't understand that themselves is part of the problem.
Past performance is not indicative of current or future performance. In fact, considering we did such a good thing helping to rid the world of Hitler, it is sad to see our current lack of leadership and downright destruction on the international stage right now.

The "young liberals" you slander understand the situation better than you think... when every military conflict in our lifetimes (and a few before hand) has resulted in horrible unintended consequences and often "mission accomplished" have become words of swaggering failure rather than noble success... we look back and see only one war in the modern era that was actually worth fighting (and one not worth fighting that we successfully avoided i.e. Cold War). The rest of the armed conflicts in our lifetimes have not made the world a better or safer place and the most recent Iraq war further destabilized the region resulting in the current situation.

What's worse is that we practice selective enforcement of military conflicts not based on morality and fighting against oppression but rather we utilize military in a strategic fashion to protect resources. We support regimes that serve our purposes and throw them under the bus (and the tanks) when they no longer serve our needs. Our wars are not righteous. We engage in military action over land and resources... just like every other country in the world. We are no better. Not even for having entered the Great War (if only forced to do so only after we were attacked amidst tremendous support for isolationism...).
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Interesting to me that Canada is buying the coolaid about Iran. Also kind of funny that France considers France to be the big asshole.  Not surprising that Iran calls out Israel
Hehehe. So geography and phonetics aren't your bag Harv?  K!
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Coach, there was nothing altruistic about the US involvement in WWII. We waited until we were bombed before we engaged the Germans, despite knowing all of the facts about Hitler and his final solution murdering ways for years beforehand.  Clinton going into the Balkans was in response to the Serbian Genocide.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Snowballs wrote
Nah. It represents the years of endless attacks the leftist media made against the US because it was a republican Pres during the Iraq and Afghan wars. They were still pissed Gore lost.

No such media attack what so ever was made against media darling Clinton for invading the Balkans which he did without UN approval I believe.
Dude, did you forget about the press rolling over to allow those wars without asking any questions at all?

And comparing the balkans to Iraq is literally impossible but let me try. In the Kosovo war there were 2 non-combat fatalities of US troops, and 3 soldiers taken captive. In Iraq..... that wasn't even a single day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by riverc0il
riverc0il wrote
We engage in military action over land and resources...
OK, so just who's land and resources have we appropriated in these modern era wars you cite ?

riverc0il wrote
What's worse is that we practice selective enforcement of military conflicts not based on morality and fighting against oppression but rather we utilize military in a strategic fashion to protect resources.
Well Oil, we can't go to war everywhere over everything.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Marcski
Marcski wrote
 We waited until we were bombed before we engaged the Germans, despite knowing all of the facts about Hitler and his final solution murdering ways for years beforehand.  Clinton going into the Balkans was in response to the Serbian Genocide.
It was the Japanese who bombed us, not Germany. You're also overlooking the fact that the US was involved in the European theater long before Normandy or even Africa. The US supplied huge amounts of goods, shipping etc to Russia, et al which kept them going. Don't over look the huge rebuilding effort we did for Europe.

It is also true that Sadaam committed genocide, invaded other nations, started the Iran/Iraq war in which million(s) died so why the duplicity ?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
No other country ever in history has been the victor of wars and then paid to reconstruct the loser.  We have done it too many times to count in the tune of Trillions of $'s.  Too many of you are the victims of  listening to and believing so called former journalists from the 60-70's era and thier brain washed followers.  Don't be sheep think for yourselves - talking to anyone that thinks any NBC news broadcast is not more biased than Fox News.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Sorry I got the flags wrong, I guess my eyesight sucks.

Coach Z wrote
No other country ever in history has been the victor of wars and then paid to reconstruct the loser.  We have done it too many times to count in the tune of Trillions of $'s.
I would think this would be an argument against those wars, not for them.  From the American side anyway. The $3 trillion is only the cost of blowing everything up. It doesn't include the cost of replacing all equipment lost, and the reconstruction. And then there are the broken and dead veterans who never really get paid for.  Throw the Syrian refugee thing on top too while you are at it. That is all on us.  There's some solid evidence that crazy assholes taking over Iraq and Syria are Saddam's boys. What a fucking mess we made. And we were led into this by a crew that dodged the draft.

If you are the country being destroyed, no matter how much cash gets laid out to rebuild, nothing brings back your dead family.  These are human beings we are killing, just like us, and the vast majority are innocent of any crime.

If you want to shut down the US war machine make the taxpayers pay in real time.  If every household was getting a bill for $1000 every month to pay for the war du jour, it would shut it down fast.

I agree that "news" is incredibly biased on both sides. Hatred sells.  If you are a capitalist you have to think that is our fault more than the networks.  They can only sell if there are buyers, and we are the buyers.
1234 ... 17