Snowmaking after the rain.
Git er done.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee
Major props to GP Mountain Ops for getting that hill back into shape after that non-snow event we just had. I skied Tuesday and Wednesday, firm and fast was the ticket . Ma Natch is helping us out w/ snow and below freezing temps this week so the weekend looks fab for skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
Awesome, my girls and I will be there from the 30-1 for a little fun!!  First time on snow this year cant wait!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Skied GP after work yesterday, 12/26, it was pretty good considering the weather last weekend. Should ski really good first thing in the AM, pretty icy underneath, scraped off in spots by early evening.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Hey camp how much snow ya get in virgi? Worth blowing off major stuff tommorow morning?
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
We got a little rain and then 2-3" of snow when it changed over...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
Hey camp how much snow ya get in virgi? Worth blowing off major stuff tommorow morning?

I wouldn't think so. As Pro said, we got 2-3 after about 2 hrs of light r@!n. That said, the skiing is fun, still firm and fast, but there's nothing "fun" to ski as we're still rockin the groomers. They're calling for 1-3 today, tonight, and tomorrow so hopefully that will change sometime this week. We skied yesterday and had a blast, well, I was wicked hanginover so it was a challege for me to stay upright -----that damn Lake Commo Inn gets me all the time

We'll be on the hill tues and wed so we'll keep an eye out fer use guyz
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Bummer, was watching the radar and was hoping you were getting dumped on. Oh well played hockey last night and moving kinda slow this morning and have a shit ton of stuff to do today anyway, may head up in the next few days for a change of scenery
Reply | Threaded
|

northerncajun
Skied Monday after noon and it Snow on us most of the time and Tuesday we skied from noon till they closed the lifts.
The skiing just got better and better, could use more snow thou.

The Fireworks were really nice.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Tuesday was still firm and fast. Wed AM not only was the place a ghost town until 10AM (lots of peeps hanginover) but we had 2 inches of fresh on perfect cord  ---- GP skied excellent yesterday.

TODAY IS THE DAY!!! Already have gotten tree-4 inches overnight, with storm totals of 10 to 12 by tomorrow AM ---- we're back in the game with this one   everything should be in play.

Chair 5 to open saturday ----- fatties on sunday----- WOOT
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
 may head up in the next few days for a change of scenery

Hope you're here today thru sunday
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
-4 and a foot of cold smoke. It was as good as it gets......chair 5 opens in AM.... Omg that will bee good
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
campgottagopee wrote
-4 and a foot of cold smoke. It was as good as it gets......chair 5 opens in AM.... Omg that will bee good
hmmmmmmm.....  wifeys working tomorrow
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Okay, I'm gonna bitch about the weather

WTF!!!! This is TWICE we've been in perfect, I say PERFECT, shape then the GD rain and warm temps move in....gonna be back to galcier skiing.

Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Camp : 2 words ......ROAD TRIP  
Snow Ridge in da Bullseye for FIVE freakin feet of LES  MacCauley will be primo too
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

scrundy
How's it looking after that rain?Anybody hit it yet?Hopeing that mountain of snow above oddessy has been pushed down the hill.Should have a nice base after
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
Camp : 2 words ......ROAD TRIP  
Snow Ridge in da Bullseye for FIVE freakin feet of LES  MacCauley will be primo too
I hear ya but I hate to travel ----GP is in our backyard and it's actually a pretty good place to ski for CNY.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by scrundy
scrundy wrote
How's it looking after that rain?Anybody hit it yet?Hopeing that mountain of snow above oddessy has been pushed down the hill.Should have a nice base after
Haven't been. There's still plenty of snow, my guess is it's pretty firm. With a little help from MaNatch and a few groomings this week it should be good to go by the weekend.....temps look warm but not too bad for the weekend
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Base was already getting thin on Sunday in any place without only natural snow. Got a nice core shot coming down skier left of Iliad Sunday around noon - and things like the glades and the bottom under chair 5 were worse than that.

So the rain Sunday/Mon probably really did in those areas. Where there is a man-made base I'm would bet it held up pretty well.

Now i get to try my hand a p-tex repair.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
POW day ---- git it if U can ---- i can't
12345 ... 12