Hollenbeck's opens this weekend

this party is getting close ya'll
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

Harvey
Administrator
Every year I make a somewhat arbitrary decision about when the previous season's conditions thread gets archived and the new one starts.

No better "author" of the new Greak Peak thread than Camp. It's on.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I dig it baby

Reply | Threaded
|

camhan22
Definitely looking forward to the season.  Nice shiny chairs for the new lift... a face-lift/ expansion for the bar/restaurant, now called Traxx...and a outdoor deck for it next year.  My body isn't liking the cold mornings, but it feeds my mind with daydreams of lots of fluffy white to ski on!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
camhan22 wrote
Definitely looking forward to the season.  Nice shiny chairs for the new lift... a face-lift/ expansion for the bar/restaurant, now called Traxx...and a outdoor deck for it next year.  My body isn't liking the cold mornings, but it feeds my mind with daydreams of lots of fluffy white to ski on!

I'm blowin your doors off in NASTAR this year!!!!!

I've talked the course setter---no turny courses this year
Reply | Threaded
|

camhan22
campgottagopee wrote
camhan22 wrote

Given my LOFT you just might!  All I can say is BRING IT!  It's all good!!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Mmmm grilled stuff and a fun start block - luvs me some gp nasty-R!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by camhan22
camhan22 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
camhan22 wrote

Given my LOFT you just might!  All I can say is BRING IT!  It's all good!!
It's brought---super focused this year
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
Mmmm grilled stuff and a fun start block - luvs me some gp nasty-R!

DUDE, you need to get in on the sunday fun run nastar shinanigans----it's a hoot!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Greek opens tomorrow AM for the season ---- WOOT
Reply | Threaded
|

David
It's quality over quantity so far. Today's couple-few inches of natural snow helped Illiad. It's the only big trail open, and the new snow helped cover the scratchy spots. Snowmaking was going on. I can't fault the snowmaking crew. Last week's r--- is reality in the Northeast, especially in low elevations. They'll get there. This week's lake-effect will help but there's not a lot of base yet. Heck, though, it's only December 10. Not bad for this early. I'd wager at least another blue or black trail will be open by the weekend.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
 The LE machine has cranked up here in CNY. We got 3-4 inches last night with another tree to 4 expected today, and for everyday this week up to and including Sunday.

GP should be in damn good shape this weekend ---- I'll hit it tuesday. Sunday I'm after Whitehorn, which is a monster buck we've been seeing ---- BIG 8 point with TALL white horns
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Pretty sweet morning at GP ----- pic courtesy of Mr. Groomer Man via FB

Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Was up this morning. Lots of snow. Lots of snowmaking still going on. It's looking really good - both the snow cover and the lift and facilities.

Now - like I said in another post here - if they say on the phone that trails are open, then they should be open. I went up this morning only to find Iliad the only thing actually open...despite the phone message saying Fields and Stoic were open (and Castor which was also closed).

And I'll reiterate another thing from my other post - they need to stop grooming when there is nice natural snow to ski. Leave it alone.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
billyymc wrote

And I'll reiterate another thing from my other post - they need to stop grooming when there is nice natural snow to ski. Leave it alone.
Right now there's no base so they need to groom it in ---- hopefully that will change as the season progresses.
Reply | Threaded
|

scrundy
I say let us ski it,they can groom it in at night
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yesterday was my first time on skis for the year, I must say it was incredible!!

Temps in the teens, wind ripping, and snow falling from the sky.....eveything skied great, except for the Trojan which they had just groomed and it skied awful  ---- bullet proof awful. My new Patrons rocked in the new snow, I've never skied a fat ski until yesterday ----- I will ALWAYS have a pair now. They make POW skiing so much fun and easy, damn near cheating.

We recieved another couple inches of LE last night so today shoule be stellar as well.

The weekend looks nasty. We'll be skiing ----- I think.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
campgottagopee wrote
Yesterday was my first time on skis for the year, I must say it was incredible!!

Temps in the teens, wind ripping, and snow falling from the sky.....eveything skied great, except for the Trojan which they had just groomed and it skied awful  ---- bullet proof awful. My new Patrons rocked in the new snow, I've never skied a fat ski until yesterday ----- I will ALWAYS have a pair now. They make POW skiing so much fun and easy, damn near cheating.

We recieved another couple inches of LE last night so today shoule be stellar as well.

The weekend looks nasty. We'll be skiing ----- I think.
Awesome report.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
Skiing was very, shall I say, glacial yesterday. All natural snow is completly gone, nadda, zip, nuttin. Actually had to boot over to the Fields, can honestly say I've never done that be4 and don;t care to do it again. Skiing wasn't good at all, but still fun to be out there just because we could. Had a Cornhead sighting at the bar  .... good seeing ya CH

Guns and groomers to be fired up later today ----- another ski day tomorrow and wednesday  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
From Greek Peak:

With the current temps dropping we will be starting up our snow guns in the next few hours.

Tomorrow is our can food drive with a free all day lift ticket to anyone who brings in non perishable food. Our New VISIONS Chairlift will be starting up at 8:30am -4pm tomorrow as well.

FYI - we are also having a HUGE New Years eve party, Trax is already sold out. but we are still taking reservations at Acorn Grill at the Lodge.

Photos to follow.
1234 ... 12