classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
222 messages Options
1234567 ... 12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee
Sunday skiing was wicked fun --- had a GREAT crew --- even had a few all stars join us

Firm, yet very carvable, fast groomers. Temp was 2 degrees, bluebird morning, and no wind. By noon the clouds rolled in and it started snowing.

Calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow this morning and another 1 to tree tonight......woods my be in play tomorrow. I think they will be for me no matter what. I have an itch and need to scratch it
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Young girl fell off the lift between towers 1 and 2, aprox 20' drop. She broke her leg and hip--- ++++vibes++++ for a quick and full recovery for this young ripper.
Ugh. Terrible.  Any updates appreciated.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yesterday was a blast!!! Talked with a guy who lapped the bottom of Ronnies all morning and said it was super duper good. Trojan woods, not so much due to the wind getting in there. He said they sure did a wicked good job cutting that tho.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
I guess my pet peeve is people going on Greeks Facebook page and writing all kinds of negative crap.

This women gave them a 1-star rating and wrote this. (this women lives in Nevada)

"Snowboards are being stolen multiple times from this facility and they don't do anything about it or even try to fix what's happening at there business! NEVER COMING BACK!!"

(from what I understand if your skis or board are stolen you report it to the State Police, and they also want the serial numbers to put in their data base.)
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
This post was updated on .
I don't mind constructive criticism, but writing a negative review because a snowboard was stolen, is a bit over the top. Maybe the person should have locked up their snowboard or kept it within sight. That's called being responsible.

On a similar note, I also noticed that Tripadvisor reviews have become much more positive lately now that the Groupon deals have vanished.

Reply | Threaded
|

kenneywallace
New to this forum, ski at greek, can be honest that their is a ways for greek to go to be a great ski area, still think their second best, but from last year almost being a lost ski area becuse of the motel kiss of death to new lifts trails and all, we got a nice little hill, allthe deals they run now make their overpriced ticket more afordable, opening in november and not closing even theough they were curesed with rain and warmth, haveing many great days of conditions mixed with the ice, they deserve more the a 1star

A few more glades, extending chair 4  to get ride of the flats, more snow guns their golden

Add two major storms this week, maybe all trails open finaly
Black diamonds, the easy way down, less moving hazzards
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee

Nuff said
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
In reply to this post by kenneywallace
I couldn't agree more with the comment regarding snowmaking. They purchased some new compressors this year and laid some pipe, but they have a ways to go. It shouldn't take as long as it does for them to open a trail with a marginal base.

In terms of additional glades trails, if the weather pattern of the past few years are any indicator of what the new norm might be, the days of glades skiing in CNY may be short-lived.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
POW ---- was able to rip around this morning w/ Pro and a special guest ---- not saying who, he's on a CNY mission so I'll let him tell you when he's ready

That said, it was nice meeting you and making a few runs bro  ---- wish I could've stayed longer

p.s. snow still pounding here
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
campgottagopee wrote
POW ---- was able to rip around this morning w/ Pro and a special guest ---- not saying who, he's on a CNY mission so I'll let him tell you when he's ready

That said, it was nice meeting you and making a few runs bro  ---- wish I could've stayed longer

Ha ... You beat me to it.

My first ever visit to Greek Peak, and I sure as hell picked the right day to do it!!! Met up with Camp and Pro first thing in the AM ... there was easily 6 on the ground at that point, and probably another 2 came down during the day.

After Camp split, I spent the rest of the day with Pro and he showed me all around ... Thanks again for that, it was really great having someone to show me around.

The glades were awesome, though by the end of the day, things were getting a little thin on the steep pitch in the Labyrinth Glade.

I had a really great day ... Hanging in the new Trax bar, which is really nice, eating wings and drinking beer after an awesome day (pictures to come later).

This is a great place and I really hope the new owners can be successful to keep it going.

Thanks one more time to Camp and Pro for your hospitality. Hope to be able to meet up with you at the Face!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Face4Me wrote
campgottagopee wrote

My first ever visit to Greek Peak, and I sure as hell picked the right day to do it!!! Met up with Camp and Pro first thing in the AM ... there was easily 6 on the ground at that point, and probably another 2 came down during the day.

After Camp split, I spent the rest of the day with Pro and he showed me all around ... Thanks again for that, it was really great having someone to show me around.

The glades were awesome, though by the end of the day, things were getting a little thin on the steep pitch in the Labyrinth Glade.

I had a really great day ... Hanging in the new Trax bar, which is really nice, eating wings and drinking beer after an awesome day (pictures to come later).

This is a great place and I really hope the new owners can be successful to keep it going.

Thanks one more time to Camp and Pro for your hospitality. Hope to be able to meet up with you at the Face!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Face4Me
Face4Me wrote

Only cause I had to go back to work, sure wish I could've stayed w/ you and Pro, as you said, the snow was wicked good!

Face4Me wrote

Did 2 ever open so you could take Ronnies from the top?? Pro and I were talking about Trojan woods ( Labyrinth) and thought that pitch would thin out quickly, but it's still snowing so hopefully that will change!

Face4Me wrote

Glad you had a good time at our beloved GP, you truly hit it perfect! If you ever decide to hit us again please give a holler so we can hook up.

Enjoy the rest of your tour, I look forward to hearing about it.

Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
campgottagopee wrote
Did 2 ever open so you could take Ronnies from the top?? Pro and I were talking about Trojan woods ( Labyrinth) and thought that pitch would thin out quickly, but it's still snowing so hopefully that will change!
No, they didn't open 2 ... On my last trip across to 4, I looked up and thought about hiking up to get it from the top, but I decided I was too lazy!

It was a little thin on the pitch, but if you picked your way through it, you could find enough snow. Everywhere else, it was great in there ... plenty of snow to be found!

They did get the quad open late in the afternoon. I was going to call it quits when I got back over from 4 but I saw the quad running, and I decided that I had to try that conveyor system, so I took the quad up for one more run down Olympic. I have to say, the conveyor thing is pretty weird!
campgottagopee wrote
Glad you had a good time at our beloved GP, you truly hit it perfect! If you ever decide to hit us again please give a holler so we can hook up.

Enjoy the rest of your tour, I look forward to hearing about it.
To be continued ...
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Face4Me wrote
Unfortunately, the piece of crap camera I brought with me trashed all the pictures I took today ... oh well, guess it didn't happen!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Face4me I had a great time skiing with you today! I wish I could have hung a little longer but my legs just couldn't go anymore...I'm glad you enjoyed it! Too bad about the pics but it DID happen
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Cornhead and I also hit the pow day today, Wed. 2/5. Have a couple pics of the big air bag... the kicker launch ramp is like a 70 degree pitch:

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Face4Me wrote

No, they didn't open 2 ... On my last trip across to 4, I looked up and thought about hiking up to get it from the top, but I decided I was too lazy!

I always look up there, but NEVER think of hiking

Face4Me wrote

They did get the quad open late in the afternoon. I was going to call it quits when I got back over from 4 but I saw the quad running, and I decided that I had to try that conveyor system, so I took the quad up for one more run down Olympic. I have to say, the conveyor thing is pretty weird!

I agree on that conveyor, it is weird -- i always feel like I'm gonna fall over standing on that thing.

Olympian is one trail that I wish they would've kept closed yesterday to let that snow build up --- too many get side_A_ways on that headwall thinning it out quickly ---- was thinking we should've hit that first thing yesterday but I saw a gaggle of peeps heading over there before we got to the top. We did get Zues foirst tho --- that pissed Brando and Hans off for sure
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
  Too bad about the pics but it DID happen
Sure did --- what a day
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote

We did get Zues foirst tho --- that pissed Brando and Hans off for sure
I think it pissed off the 3 ski patrollers riding the lift above us as well!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
pro2860 wrote
campgottagopee wrote

We did get Zues foirst tho --- that pissed Brando and Hans off for sure
I think it pissed off the 3 ski patrollers riding the lift above us as well!

Someone had to open that trail
1234567 ... 12