classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
289 messages Options
1 ... 567891011 ... 15
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hunter Conditions

snoloco
Hunter is giving Annapurna some love in the form of snowmaking!!  First time since 10-11.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

professor
they started making snow Thursday p.m.....it already looked skiable this p.m....the new owners have passed another test...always made more sense to do Annapurna over 44(westway)...guess I'm getting greedy but I'm still hoping for 44...Hunter skied great wed.-fri.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
professor wrote
they started making snow Thursday p.m.....it already looked skiable this p.m....the new owners have passed another test...always made more sense to do Annapurna over 44(westway)...guess I'm getting greedy but I'm still hoping for 44...Hunter skied great wed.-fri.
I'd take Annapurna over a half-assed job on Westway (which is what was done in the past 3 years) any day of the week.  It has more character, holds snow better come spring, and doesn't get windswept as easily.  They did a bunch of trimming work on Westway, so it'll open easier with natural cover.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
They're now reporting that they're blowing snow on Hideaway, which was removed from the trail map for this year.  Weird... I though it was demapped because the zipline equipment in there made it impossible to blow snow, but obviously they are thinking otherwise.  They also made a joke about its name being Hideaway since it isn't on the map and made a promotion in the Hunter APP that the first 5 people to find and ski Hideaway get a free Hunter Mountain t-shirt.  Seems like Peak Resorts' theme is to open trails that haven't been opened in a while and hype it up.  That's what they did with Annapurna.  Don't think they'll go for Westway, but I also didn't think they'd go for Annapurna either.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Hunter was great today..Warm temps and hero snow...crowded but manageable...

they groomed Purna and Clairs...mucho fun
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I was there too.  Best day this season.  Spent a lot of time on the west side.  Hopefully Annapurna lasts through the thaw and/or gets resurfaced after.  That run is awesome and I don't want to go back to only Clair's and Wayout.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by JasonWx
only complaint about the day was the chairs...sat on stalled D lift for 15+mins and the z lift was on and off too???
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
JasonWx wrote
only complaint about the day was the chairs...sat on stalled D lift for 15+mins and the z lift was on and off too???
I decided to take the 6-pack just before that happened.  Good thing I did.  It was stopped when I got on, and still was when I passed the top.  The Zephyr was stopping because of a bunch of faults on one of the sensors at the top.  They called maintenance which was still working on the D-Lift at the time.  When they finally got to the Zephyr, they got it fixed pretty quick.

I'm guessing the issue was with that lift running a full load which it rarely ever does.  The conditions on Annapurna and Clair's were great, but it resulted in the longest line I've ever seen down there.  They seem to want that lift running full more often, so hopefully they figure out the problem with the sensor.
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
This post was updated on .

Hunter skied well this morning with a few inches of fresh. Annapurna was a lot of fun
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
One of my friends who is on the race team at school was there yesterday for sectionals.  He noticed that they were using some of Mount Snow's park features.  I also noticed some Big Boulder features at Mount Snow.  I guess Peak Resorts moves their features around to keep things fresh.
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
Hunter is in good shape. The new management is doing things right. Making snow later than usual. Nice dust in crust on Claire's in pic
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
How's Annapurna looking?  It's closed on the report.  Are they going to open it again or is it done for the year.  Same with Lower K27.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
i would bet that purna and k27 are just fine and need to soften up...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
The new ownership has never groomed K27, and neither did the previous administration.  They did groom Upper Crossover according to the report.  They groomed Annapurna on a somewhat regular basis, basically the frequency that Clair's was groomed in years past.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Hunter was very good today..Sunny, warm, soft snow...everything was open..
Run of the day lower k27
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Awesome.  They didn't update the report.  Going tomorrow with my mom, so I'll mostly be on the blue trails, but I'll probably sneak in a Clair's, Purna, or K27 run.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adrider83
In reply to this post by JasonWx
Just did my first day of my life at Hunter yesterday. I agree...Lower K27 was really good.  What a fun mountain!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Annapurna was open in the afternoon and I skied it twice.   In decent condition, but starting to get thin in a couple spots.  Nothing that a groom can't solve.
Reply | Threaded
|

Zobi1
Update please!  Need to make a decision about tomorrow and ski days this winter have to make every one of them count!
Reply | Threaded
|

nyctravis
I went today and it was clear they blew quite a bit of snow.  Kudos to them for that. Most runs were open but it was more crowded than I expected so things got skied out pretty quickly.  There were a few icy spots that snuck up through the soft stuff they blew overnight which snuck up on me more than I anticipated.  Annapurna looked like a giant slab of solid ice from the lift-at least towards the bottom. I didn't touch it nor did I see anyone else on it.  Even with the snow they blew, there is a wild disconnect between their marketing department's base claims and what you see on the ground. Nonetheless, I'm glad they are doing what they can and am appreciative.  
1 ... 567891011 ... 15