classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
289 messages Options
1 ... 6789101112 ... 15
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hunter Conditions

snoloco
They need to groom Annapurna again.  Get rid of that ice.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
Snoloco, why is Hunter not posting their lift ticket prices online? Their website just says ticket prices change daily unless you order online. Very strange, kind of makes me want to ski somewjere else. What is the approximate ticket price for a college student midweek?

Thanks.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
It's really weird that they do that.  They have all the prices posted at the ticket window and they do not change except for weekends and midweek.  I believe an adult weekend ticket is $76.

Just buy online the day before you go, or get one of those flex date online tickets, which are still less than the window rate.

They don't have college student pricing for single day lift tickets, only for season passes.  If you're 18, a flex date online ticket would be $55 and if you're 19 or older, $61.

You can buy date-specific tickets up to the day before you go, and midweek days don't sell out typically.  It's $49 for the entire month of March of you're 18 and $55 if you're 19 or older.

Hunter is skiing so much better than most mountains this year, so just decide what day you want to go and buy the ticket online the day before, or pay the extra 8 dollars for a flex ticket and use it any day this season.  Don't let a quirk on the website keep you from skiing at the place that has the best conditions this season.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
And use Liftopia through NYSB!!  

(Buy after clicking on the link at the top of the forum :)
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
I wonder if they will continue with the Big Lift Card next year..
good deal..50$ includes a any day lift ticket, plus 25% off on the weekends or 50% off weekday lift prices..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I'm sure they'll keep somethinf like it.  All other Peak Resorts have basically the same thing.  They may change the name to the Fan Fare Card which Mount Snow and JFBB have (they're resort specific).  Attitash, Wildcat, and Crotched use the Vertical Value Card which is valid at all 3.  As that is a NH product, it's not coming to Hunter.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
I wonder if they will continue with the Big Lift Card next year..
Hey I tried:

"Harv, stay tuned for info on our Big Lift Card coming soon."
Reply | Threaded
|

nyctravis
http://www.peakpass.com

$599 seems like a great deal for 7 resorts 2016-17 and the rest of the current season. Am I missing anything?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
If you are a long time pass holder at any of the mountains on the list it's a no-brainer.  How much was an early deadline Hunter pass last year?
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by nyctravis
nyctravis wrote
http://www.peakpass.com

$599 seems like a great deal for 7 resorts 2016-17 and the rest of the current season. Am I missing anything?
It really depends on where you live and what you like to ski.
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
Hunter is holding up pretty well. East side melting fast. Claire's has a small bare patch.
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
When were these photos actually taken?  I'm thinking about heading up on Wednesday.  
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
Pics are from Saturday
Reply | Threaded
|

moguljunkie
Anyone know the new Hunter ownership's policy on skinning?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Uphill Travel Policy: Posted: 12/31/15

ALL UPHILL TRAVEL IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

ACCESS TO THE MOUNTAIN IS PERMITTED THREE (3) HOURS PRIOR TO OPERATING HOURS.

Hunter Mountain Ski Bowl, Inc. allows uphill access via skinning and snowshoeing during the winter operating season two hours prior to operating hours.  For the safety of everyone on the mountain, anyone participating in these activities must adhere to the following guidelines:

You must sign in at the "Up-Hill Use Station at the Kaaterskill Lift Sign at the bottom of the Kaaterskill Flyer.  If you intend to ride a lift at any point during the morning of your trip, you must purchase an Uphill Access day ticket for $20, available at the Skier Services Desk at the Main Ticket window.

The routes of uphill travel to the Summit are from Mossy Brook to Off Broadway to East Side Drive.  The Battery to Belt Parkway.  Paste link to Up-Hill trail map Stay to the side of the trail and constantly be aware of what is happening around you.

If you descend prior to operating hours, you must travel down along the same route you traveled up.
All trails and terrain parks are closed outside of operational hours, with the exception of the authorized uphill routes two hours prior to opening.

You must be visible to all traffic at all times, and you should know and follow ‘Your Responsibility Code’ at all times.
No dogs are allowed on the mountain, Please see HMSB Dog Policy.

Overnight stays on the mountain are not permitted.

Ski Patrol reserves the right to close the mountain at any time. If the mountain is closed to uphill traffic, a sign will be placed at the base of each authorized uphill route.

NO SLEDDING ON ANY PART OF HUNTER MOUNTAIN SKI BOWL, INC. AT ANY TIME.

The mountain is closed and cleared of all guests and staff at the end of each operating day.
If you access the mountain prior to operating hours, you do so at your own risk. Conditions may be variable, due to weather, ungroomed surfaces and limited visibility. Uphill users are warned that snowmobiles, snowmaking, snow grooming, winch cables and other equipment may be encountered at any time and that you are responsible to stay clear of such equipment. Use extra caution and always remain aware of what is happening around you.

Bright Clothing, Reflective Materials & Headlamps: It is strongly recommended that all uphill users wear brightly-colored clothing and have reflective material on clothing, poles or packs to heighten visibility. Flashing lights, such as those commonly used by bicycle riders, make it easy for other users and ski area personnel to see you. Use extra caution if you are descending in the dark or in low light conditions.

Uphill Travel Routes: Be aware of other skiers, riders and vehicles approaching you. Stay to the side of the authorized uphill routes and avoid spots where you may not be visible. When descending, please be aware and considerate of other users and ski area personnel.

Winch Cat Operations: Avoid all grooming operations and especially winch cats. The cable between the anchor and the cat can be difficult to see and may be under the snow. These cables can stretch for thousands of feet and can move very quickly.

Rescue Response: Be aware that there are no patrol services outside of operating hours, and ski area buildings are closed. In case of emergency, call 911 and know that response times could be extended. Be aware that mobile phone service can be unreliable on the mountain.

http://www.huntermtn.com/resort/use-safety/uphill-travel-policy/
Reply | Threaded
|

moguljunkie
Thanks, Harvey. It sounds less strict in general compared to the old ownership. So even though they don't address off-season access, I'm thinking they might be okay with that.
Reply | Threaded
|

skiwnw
Called today and asked this very question...was told it was not allowed post season but it seems folks have been up there regardless.  Make of this what you will.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
I have trained my daughter well...She is a brand ambassador for Adirondack Brewery and was at the Huntah TAP NY festival today.  When she was done working she hiked for two runs...That's my girl
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Harvey
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|