289 messages Options
1 ... 9101112131415
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hunter Conditions

Lateski
scottski63 wrote
WestFound a little untracked this morning but the hoards of people sent me packing after a couple hours. It was probably Hunters busiest day yet
What the hell was up with today, Belleayre was the same, by midday every trail was loaded, every lift had a long line and every parking lot full to capacity, I can't imagine the mayhem in the lodges.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Backyard effect
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Lateski
Anybody skiing Hunter today, I'd love to hear how the conditions are and what kind of precip you're seeing today.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
I'm a half hour from hunter and we picked up 5"so far all snow. Should be more up there higher elevations
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Between this
scottski63 wrote
I'm a half hour from hunter and we picked up 5"so far all snow. Should be more up there higher elevations
And this
Ethan Snow wrote
I am hopefully going to Hunter tomorrow. Would go further, but I don't want to commit to a long drive in the snow especially since I'm not going to want to be on the road real early in this storm.  It's all snow Woodstream, and further East will have even more. Hunter may be a good option for you too,  Brownski.
Hunter makes a lot of sense I think.
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by scottski63
West

that was you poaching that trail under the Hunter West lift?  I thought it was such a ballsy poach that you must have knew people who work there haha  

Yeah last saturday was brutal for crowds.  Thankfully my brother and I got there at 8:15 and did a bunch of runs before 10.  At 10:15 the line for Hunter west was brutal.  

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
That lift will line up at least somewhat any weekend when Annapurna is open.  That's good because everyone who goes over there is one less person in line for the 6 pack.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
snoloco wrote
That lift will line up at least somewhat any weekend when Annapurna is open.  That's good because everyone who goes over there is one less person in line for the 6 pack.
the 6pack was absolutely crazy though... On a weekend I only lap that lift first thing or late day. There were so many people we lapped that 3-man lift to the right of hunter a few times.  Racers' edge was soft and fun.  This past weekend was the first time this year that Hunter West had a line anywhere near that long.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Decided to give Hunter a turn today. Definately can see the effects of last weeks temps but they're doing a good job recovering
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
in case anyone missed the announcement, Hunter announced they are going to fire the snowguns up again at the end of the week
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
Hunter Mountain surpassed any expectations I had for yesterday.  So much soft snow to be had! The conditions were A+ for manmade snow.  Considering how much snow they lost on the trails that they didn't blow on, they did an amazing job.  I am happy I went.  Great day sunday 3/6/17
Reply | Threaded
|

professor
Yes...Hunter made a great recovery! Tuesday 2/28 soft spring conditions...3/1 icy moon scape 50+degrees but all the good snow melted down to icy base ...never seen that...some of the worse conditions I've ever seen...3/2 so windy and icy the mtn. never opened ...never seen that either (can't remember the last time I didn't ski on my birthday)but they started snow making...friday3/3 much better because of snowmaking and grooming ...by saturday3/4 trails they made snow on cliff,hellgate,broadway,kennedy,(HBK),minya,lower crossover,belt,wayout were loaded with some of the     best soft manmade snow and it wasn't crowded...cliff was the best soft bumps and wayout was silky untracked manmade! The wind and snow guns scared everyone away from wayout. It was like our own private run! Sunday conditions weren't quite as good.... cliff set up over night and it started to get a little crowded but the sun was out and the wind let up. Three days of snowmaking may have saved March!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
professor wrote
Y3/2 so windy and icy the mtn. never opened ...never seen that either (can't remember the last time I didn't ski on my birthday)but they started snow making...
Apparently we have the same birthday. I was going to ski that day too but they were closed. Very disappointing, but they made a good recovery by Friday.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
This post was updated on .

Dust on crust Friday with the guns blasting. Should be good for the weekend
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
Hunter was all time yesterday.. POW!
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
IMG_2125.JPGhunter was so good today...if you stayed away from the six pack
Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
Today at hunter was some great packed powder. So much fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
WestSpring conditions on the east side and some untracked in the north facing woods. What a great week of skiing
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Pano from Sunday

Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
if anybody goes ssaturday, let me know how it is.  I can't make it til sunday for the season closer.  Going to be beautiful out though!  They closed yesterday and today to preserve the snow.  Thankfully they did too judging by the webcams.  Hopefully they are able to groom to move snow around to cover the bear spots.  

1 ... 9101112131415