Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I Want to Buy You a Beer

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Thanks skunk.

I actually skied two times at WF with HPD.  The first time was actually December 2010.  Still not the beginning of NYSB which to me is 2007.  

That time and the awesome April Slides Day in 2011 I came with one (different) guy each time.  I don't remember the voucher or hard feelings either day.

That Slides Day was one of the greatest days I can remember.  The bumps were so soft and the terrain so steep and tight:

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Whiteface-NY-4-9-11-The-Slides-td2800926.html
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by tjf1967
I definitely had an agenda. If you look at my first post I said so.

Plattekill is amazing. Snow, steeps, lifts, lodge and love for the game.  It's all you really need.

I want to give something back. A round of drinks, with those who showed up throwing in a lift ticket.. it just feels right to me.  The best is the reaction you get from the guys in the bar who had no idea what was going on. They get these big WTF smiles.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
I want to buy you a beer.  Well let me tell you a story about the man that runs this place.  He was just getting started and came up to Whiteface.  I was kind enough to give one of his buddy's a voucher.  I got a half hearted thank you and not so much as a beer.  Then on a lift ride up he asks me to take him places that are not so easy to find. Yeah I jumped right on that.  Still ticks me off to think about it.  I should have tossed the ticket in the garbage.
Take it up with Harvey's friend? About four years ago?
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
I call BS on all the abuse TJF is taking for his post. He is one of the few guys I know who actually says what’s on his mind. Where most people talk behind someone’s back, he’ll tell them to their face. If 10 people witnessed an event and I wanted to know what really happened TJF would be the one I’d ask. He wouldn’t care what is PC or what he thought I wanted to hear…he would just say the truth as he saw it. He is a good man.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I'm not saying he's not a "good man" or that he's fabricating any part of the story.

I'm just saying I don't hold 4 year grudges over bullshit and he and I are different personality types.

And I think ml is saying that if he's the kind of guy to "say what's on his mind" and "tell them to their face", he should have done that 4 years ago.

Whatever. This is a stupid argument anyway. Just different personalities behaving the way they behave. Hard for me to get fired up about that.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
I need a thank you too as I helped fund that ticket

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
sheesh another thread about beer and skiing gets "cricked"

crick (v.) to derail a thread about skiing, beer or an otherwise enjoyable or interesting topic with bullshit nobody gives a flying fuck about
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
gorgonzola wrote
sheesh another thread about beer and skiing gets "cricked"

crick (v.) to derail a thread about skiing, beer or an otherwise enjoyable or interesting topic with bullshit nobody gives a flying fuck about
+1.  

No offense to the one female (or are there 2 now?) on this board, but you guys all sound like girls.

Shut up, ski, smile, the world is good and life is short..
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
We certainly are.  Like Im not the type of person who puts down my employer and then puts my tail between my leg and goes back for hours deleting posts.  I
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
tjf1967 wrote
We certainly are.  Like Im not the type of person who puts down my employer and then puts my tail between my leg and goes back for hours deleting posts.
Haha, nice try at a jab? I think that happened in 2006 back on the old ski adk forums (when I was complaining, rightfully, about the paid parking at Gore. The deleting didn't do anything, they fired me anyway, but then hired me back when they needed people over that February break). You really don't forget anything.

I found a better solution this year: quit. In fact, that's a good tip for you. If you don't like how this forum is run, or still feel slighted about shit that happened four years ago, you're free to just go away.

I think it's more bullshit to launch cheap shots at people than to just delete things and go away, but hey, like I said, difference of personalities. I hear you're a "straight shooter" or whatever, so good for you.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by skunkape
skunkape wrote
  hell, I don't even like skiiers,
We'd get along just fine cause I don't like boarders
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
It's amazing the disrespect I get the moment I strap on board.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Glade Runner wrote
It's amazing the disrespect I get the moment I strap on.

Maybe it's you and not the board!?!?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: I Want to Buy You a Beer (2016)

Harvey
Administrator
Once again I will be buying a beer for anyone who shows up at Plattekill this Friday, and buys a lift ticket. (First 50 peeps to the mountain pay $20.)  (Ginger ale for snoloco!)

One way down but it's been cold this week the Man_A_Made should be pretty good. Sunny day, high of 38.

Come out, say hi and kick off the Plattekill season with me.  :)
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Happy B-Day Harv!! If I were back East, I would certainly be a Platty for the open, and would buy you a 6-Pack.  

Thanks again for the work on Blog.  This place  is the most fun I have had online since meeting my wife
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Thanks nepa, you da man.
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
Happy birthday (early).  I was actually hoping to go tomorrow because of the $20 tx promotion before I saw the offer but it doesn't work for me.  Very generous of you, and I agree with P that you should be on the receiving end.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
So, how was first chair??  NYSkiblog wants to know.
Reply | Threaded
|

2000yearoldskier
Happy Birthday,  can't make it this year, have fun at Platty.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I didn' t spend that much, the tip was bigger than the tab.  Still a great day.

123456 ... 9