"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Killington Conditions

Rj1972
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Ethan Snow wrote
Anyone been to Killington recently. Thinking of heading up Wednesday to end the season strong. Supposed to be a nice day. Should I expect to have the K-1 gondola and a few decent top to bottom runs, or is that too tall of an order?
I skied this past weekend, and the snow was as good as its ever been this time of the year. Yes, the K1 gondola was open, and they plan on running it through the Easter weekend. I would suggest checking the snow report before venturing out just to see how much damage the rain does. Unless they really get pummeled with rain, conditions should be descent; albeit it may drop below freezing at night, so the conditions may be quite firm first thing in the morning.

I likely won’t head back up until the weekend of the 27th.

Have fun if you decide to go!
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
Thanks guys!
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Headed up tomorrow (Tuesday) - looks like the warm weather and rain wreaked havoc on the trail count.  IKON freebie so no complaints.

What is more interesting is that MRG is reopening for skiing on Wednesday and they still have most runs open off the single chair.  I'll head up there after K and close out the year in fashion!
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
Late (and final) report for the season.  Made it up to Killington last Tuesday but didn't get there until noon.  Conditions were okay but not great - the big meltdown and rain left "corn on ice" conditions throughout.  I think a lot more trails could have been opened (plenty of coverage) but realize that K operations are winding down.  Was planning to head up to MRG the next day but given the conditions at Killington I decided to cut my losses and head back to Syracuse.

Final ski day count was 12 - 8 short of my goal.  All IKON pass days - came out to $50/day...not a bad deal considering that daily pass rates at the places I skied varied from $100-$150/day.  Next year....
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
What an interesting morning. We picked up three inches of snow, and the mountain crew groomed last night. After ripping down Superstar a few times, we pretty much skied Skyelark/Bittersweet until lunch time. It certainly did not feel like the end of April this morning. We just finished up lunch now with some friends we haven’t seen in a bit, and are then heading back to the house. There was a really nice turnout. Some of it might be attributable to the Triathalon.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Opinions on whether K will make it to the weekend of 5/18-5/19?  What about the headwall?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Some indications that the northeast will start to dry out ..lets hope it sticks
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

MikePom
Glacier

The glacier on Saturday courtesy of Hogarmogar.

A lot of snow to get on
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
  Almost the same shot from Sunday only sideways (sorry I couldn't get it to rotate and gave up).  Another great day in paradise!  Some nice options to complement Superstar.  Ovation was fun with a little walk at the end but Superstar was Superstar.  You had trees to play with on the right and some funky lines all over.  Skied all day and never got bored...just tired and sore.   The clouds closed in later in the afternoon but only spit a bit nothing serious.   Agree there is plenty of snow...June?
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
It was another nice weekend of skiing, and am pleased that the weather cooperated. The base seems to be holding up, so we are hopefully in for a few more weekends of fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Anyone looking at K this weekend?
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Snow stake is showing a solid 8" this morning.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Anyone looking at K this weekend?
Yep.

Wanted to go on Sunday but the weather sucked.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Sunday is my best chance to make it. If you are going to be there PM me.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I'll text you. I have 2 days left on my IKON, so if both days are nice, I might ski both.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Hey anyone know what time K opens? Website has gone all summer on me.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
8:30 lifts usually are spinning though they may open at 8 this time of year.
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Hey anyone know what time K opens? Website has gone all summer on me.
On the desktop, I can switch between Winter and Summer (top right corner).

Latest Snow Report

May 18 2019 - 06:30 pm

It was an absolutely gorgeous, bluebird Saturday here in Killington, we hope you had the chance to enjoy it! We’re expecting a bit less sunshine on Sunday, but a few spring showers never hurt anyone, so don’t let the gray weather discourage you from making some great late-season turns. The snow on Superstar is holding up exceptionally well—we haven’t seen any of the usual late-may thin spots appear yet. Tonight the grooming team will smooth out a portion of Superstar, top-to-bottom, leaving the edges coated in delightful spring moguls. Hours of lift operation for Sunday are 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

We’ll be closed Monday through Thursday again, reopening in time for a four day Memorial Day Weekend, Friday May 24 through Monday, May 27. Be sure to check out our Memorial Day 101 Blog for all the details on next weekend’s operations.

The Bike Park is scheduled to open Saturday, May 25. In the meantime, we ask that you please stay off the bike trails. Traffic on the currently-closed trails slows down the progress of our trail crew and causes unnecessary damage to the still wet trail system.

Midweek skiing and snowboarding operations have wrapped up for the season. From here on out, we’ll spin the Superstar Quad Friday through Sunday, plus Memorial Day, weather permitting, until the snow is gone. The K-1 Lodge will be open whenever the lift is turning. Learn more about spring operations in the Insider Blog.

All open terrain is for advanced skiers and riders only; there is no beginner or intermediate terrain available.

Operating Day: 204

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND SCHEDULE - Friday for pass holders only, 8-5 on weekend, 9-5 on Memorial Day

https://www.killington.com/culture/social-blog/insider-blog/2019-memorial-day-101

Friday Saturday Sunday Monday
Superstar Express 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Golf Course Pass Holders Only Public Public Public
Bike Park Closed 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Adventure Center Closed 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I'm sure Harv will be around later with his report from today, but it was good yesterday:

1 ... 212223242526