https://www.killington.com/the-mountain/conditions-weather/lifts-trails-report
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Killington Conditions

In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Ethan Snow wrote
Anyone been to Killington recently. Thinking of heading up Wednesday to end the season strong. Supposed to be a nice day. Should I expect to have the K-1 gondola and a few decent top to bottom runs, or is that too tall of an order?
I skied this past weekend, and the snow was as good as its ever been this time of the year. Yes, the K1 gondola was open, and they plan on running it through the Easter weekend. I would suggest checking the snow report before venturing out just to see how much damage the rain does. Unless they really get pummeled with rain, conditions should be descent; albeit it may drop below freezing at night, so the conditions may be quite firm first thing in the morning.

I likely won’t head back up until the weekend of the 27th.

Have fun if you decide to go!
Ethan Snow Ethan Snow
Reply |

Thanks guys!
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
onscott onscott
Reply |

In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Headed up tomorrow (Tuesday) - looks like the warm weather and rain wreaked havoc on the trail count.  IKON freebie so no complaints.

What is more interesting is that MRG is reopening for skiing on Wednesday and they still have most runs open off the single chair.  I'll head up there after K and close out the year in fashion!
onscott onscott
Reply |

Late (and final) report for the season.  Made it up to Killington last Tuesday but didn't get there until noon.  Conditions were okay but not great - the big meltdown and rain left "corn on ice" conditions throughout.  I think a lot more trails could have been opened (plenty of coverage) but realize that K operations are winding down.  Was planning to head up to MRG the next day but given the conditions at Killington I decided to cut my losses and head back to Syracuse.

Final ski day count was 12 - 8 short of my goal.  All IKON pass days - came out to $50/day...not a bad deal considering that daily pass rates at the places I skied varied from $100-$150/day.  Next year....
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |

What an interesting morning. We picked up three inches of snow, and the mountain crew groomed last night. After ripping down Superstar a few times, we pretty much skied Skyelark/Bittersweet until lunch time. It certainly did not feel like the end of April this morning. We just finished up lunch now with some friends we haven’t seen in a bit, and are then heading back to the house. There was a really nice turnout. Some of it might be attributable to the Triathalon.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Opinions on whether K will make it to the weekend of 5/18-5/19?  What about the headwall?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Some indications that the northeast will start to dry out ..lets hope it sticks
"Peace and Love"
MikePom MikePom
Reply |

Glacier

The glacier on Saturday courtesy of Hogarmogar.

A lot of snow to get on
sudsnbumps sudsnbumps
Reply |

Almost the same shot from Sunday only sideways (sorry I couldn't get it to rotate and gave up).  Another great day in paradise!  Some nice options to complement Superstar.  Ovation was fun with a little walk at the end but Superstar was Superstar.  You had trees to play with on the right and some funky lines all over.  Skied all day and never got bored...just tired and sore.   The clouds closed in later in the afternoon but only spit a bit nothing serious.   Agree there is plenty of snow...June?
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
1 ... 44454647484950 ... 52