The glacier is fat
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Killington Conditions

Harvey
Administrator
Scottski sorry I missed you!

Magic 35: Today I skied with Duck and also ran into Saratoga Skier and family.

Scott is right the glacier is fat. I could see it lasting until June.

I hadn't skied in six weeks and I felt like opening day all over again.  I barely made it until lunch.

Weather was far better than expected, no rain and even some sun.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Way to get it everyone.  June isn’t that far away!

I know what you mean Harvey, I hadn’t skied in a month, and the legs were feeling it.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
We skied yesterday and today. Temps were in the 70's, so it was a warm day. They did a nice job grooming last night, but my legs are shot. There is still a descent amount of snow, but it has definitely receded. I don't ever recall seeing this much snow on Superstar at this time of the year. The crowds today were not to be believed. It felt like Hunter Mountain during a holiday.

We are heading back home in a bit, as we need to prepare for family and Memorial Day festivities tomorrow and Monday.

This will likely be our final day of the season, but it certainly was a good season.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Killiington announced... Sunday is it.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I remember skiing in one their June first slalom races ----- what a hoot --- pretty sure I was a DNF
Reply | Threaded
|

Duck T. R.
Another great spring day at Killington. I finished my season skiing with Suds and his youngest daughter.The last day of my 50th year  skiing and I finally skied in June. A great year (9 month season) thanks to Killington.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
KILLINGTON RESORT BREAKS GROUND ON NEW K-1 BASE LODGE

East Coast’s Largest Ski & Snowboard Resort Continues to Transform Guest Experience for Generations to Come with Multi-Year Capital Improvement Project  

KILLINGTON, VT. (July 18, 2019) – Vermont’s Killington Resort, the largest ski and snowboard resort in Eastern North America and a POWDR company, broke ground Tuesday, July 16 on its K-1 Base Lodge, upon receipt of final permitting. The new, 58,000 sq. ft. lodge, which will be 21,000 sq. ft. larger than the previous lodge, is slated to open for the 2020-21 winter season in time for the 2020 Audi FIS Ski Women’s World Cup.

This project consists of two phases, the first of which began Tuesday, July 16 with construction of a new structure in front of the existing K-1 Base Lodge on grade with the K-1 Gondola. Killington will continue to use the existing base lodge for the upcoming 2019-20 winter season. Come spring 2020, the existing base lodge will be removed and phase two of the new building will be completed.

Once complete, the new three-story lodge, designed by Breadloaf, will be more than fifty percent larger than the existing lodge and will include a full-service bar, a food court, a coffee bar, additional space, and unobstructed 180-degree views of the beautiful Vermont mountain landscape. The new K-1 Base Lodge will feature many of the characteristics that make the Peak Lodge such a desirable destination for Killington visitors including an open floor plan featuring mixed seating arrangements, floor-to-ceiling windows, a grandiose fireplace, and an upscale food court set to offer fresh, farm-to-table cuisine. This new lodge can double as a multi-purpose space, hosting conferences, weddings, groups, events and more. Skier services will include rentals and tune shop, lift ticket sales, retail store, changing rooms, including a mothers nursing room, bag storage and additional restrooms on all three floors.

Construction of the lodge is taking place in concert with the addition of a new 4-person, fixed grip chairlift debuting this winter to replace the old North Ridge Triple and significant upgrades to Killington and sister resort Pico Mountain’s snowmaking systems. Staying true to our Play Forever Pledge, snowmaking upgrades include new low energy tower snowguns, and new semi-automatic water and air hydrants, which will significantly decrease the time it takes to start up snowguns on ski trails. Additionally, snowmaking upgrades at Pico Mountain will increase the capacity for the 2019-20 season resulting in a more consistent and more reliable snow surface, all with a lower impact on the environment. Some permits are still pending for 2019-20 season projects.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Benny you could do a great job on this:

https://nyskiblog.com/directory/vermont-ski-areas/killington/
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Looking good this morning:

I'm thinking they'll shoot for next Friday or Saturday? (Maybe Friday-passholders, Saturday-public?)
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
they should have almost 5 days of 24hr snowmaking ...as of now
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Moglmike
Killington started making snow at 4pm yesterday, last November the skiing at Killington was better the Hunter in January, can't wait,
Reply | Threaded
|

Moglmike
I think Killington will open by Tuesday
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Moglmike wrote
I think Killington will open by Tuesday
Yeah, that's what people are saying.

Nice.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Killington Resort Opens for the Season Sunday, November 3, 2019

The Longest Season in the East To Debut New Lift and Improved Mountain Access, Woodward Mountain Park, and the Return of the Audi FIS Ski World Cup Races

KILLINGTON, Vt. (November 2, 2019) – Vermont’s Killington Resort, the largest ski and snowboard destination in Eastern North America, and part of POWDR, will kick off the 2019-20 winter season at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 3, 2019, becoming the first Eastern resort to open for skiing and snowboarding.

The first turns of the season, on Sunday, November 3, will be reserved exclusively for Season Pass, Express Card, Beast 365 and Ikon pass holders. The resort will open to the general public on Monday, November 4, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. Sunday, November 3, will also be the last day of operations for Downhill Mountain Biking serviced by the Snowshed Express Quad. Killington’s operating schedule for the remainder of the week will be updated in real time at www.killington.com/conditions.

“There’s a lot to celebrate this year opening weekend at Killington,” says Mike Solimano, president and general manager of Killington Resort and Pico Mountain. “On top of all the improvements we made last year to elevate the guest experience, our pass holders will have the opportunity to be the first guests to experience the brand new North Ridge Quad. We’re also excited to show off the progress we’ve made on phase 1 of the new K-1 Lodge.”

On Sunday, November 3, 2019, the K-1 Express Gondola will provide uploading to open terrain for skiers and snowboarders from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and the new North Ridge Quad lift will allow uploading until 3:45 p.m. Skiers and snowboarders will use the Peak Walkway to access open terrain and return to the K-1 Express Gondola for the trip down to the base area through 4:00 p.m. Skiing and snowboarding will be on advanced terrain only, providing roughly 600 vertical feet of open trails. No beginner terrain is available at this time. Early season conditions exist and snowmaking and other on-mountain operations may be in progress throughout the day on open terrain.

The Snowshed Sales Center will be open Sunday 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Monday starting at 8:30 a.m., for RFID pass pick up and pass purchases. K-1 Guest Services will be open starting at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday selling Season Passes and Express Cards for same-day access to the slopes. Express Card holders will only be charged $25 for all ages on Opening Day, and children ages 6 and under will receive a Kids Ski Free ticket if accompanied by a season pass holder. No other passes, tickets, vouchers or reciprocal discounts will be accepted on this day. Beginning Monday, daily lift tickets will be $59 for adults (ages 19-64), $45 for youth (ages 7-18) and $50 for seniors (ages 65-79). Express Card holders will receive 50% off lift ticket window rate for midweek, and 25% off weekend rates.

Remaining a longstanding tradition, season pass holders are invited to enjoy free lunch on Opening Day at the K-1 Café, North Ridge Brat Haus or Peak Lodge as a show of gratitude for their commitment to Killington Resort.

New for the 2019-20 season, the Woodward Mountain Park at Killington is a network of featured terrain zones that, together, offer a balanced variety of exciting on-mountain experiences for all ages and abilities. On Monday, when open to the general public, Killington’s first Woodward Mountain Park zone – a temporary pop up park in the North Ridge area on Reason – will make its debut. The early season rail garden is the first terrain park to open in the east each season. As the season continues and conditions permit, the Woodward Mountain Park network of zones will expand.

During the Audi FIS Ski World Cup, which will take place November 30 – December 1, public access to the ground level spectator zones, festival village and concerts are all free although a limited number of tickets to premium viewing areas are still on sale which will offer unparalleled access to watch the fastest female alpine ski racers in the world compete in slalom and giant slalom events. Additional HomeLight Killington Cup events include free concerts by Grace Potter, Recycled Percussion, Twiddle and DJ Logic, plus movie premiers, fireworks, parades and more. A full schedule of the HomeLight Killington Cup events and ticket information can be found at killington.com/worldcup.

Killington will remain open to the public for skiing and snowboarding as conditions permit. Skiers and riders can prepare for Opening Day by purchasing Season Passes and Express Cards now at killington.com and 1-800-621-MTNS (6867).  
Reply | Threaded
|

Moglmike
As soon as I finish helping my dad I will pack and hit the road! 11am tomorrow can't wait!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Moglmike wrote
As soon as I finish helping my dad I will pack and hit the road! 11am tomorrow can't wait!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
A little early
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|