100 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: NY Ski Area Closing Dates (2015)

gebbyfish
Glade Runner wrote
Harvey wrote
RA, I bet you da man IRL even.  Sponge I think you'd be an awesome mod.

Glade you ski 100 days a year, you say you are living the dream. How can you be so cranky? I don't get it.
Have you not read the responses to my trip reports, etc?  I go out of my way to contribute to your shitty little site only for assholes to respond negatively.
I would think after re-reading that, you might want to apologize.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
gebbyfish wrote
Glade Runner wrote
Harvey wrote

Glade you ski 100 days a year, you say you are living the dream. How can you be so cranky? I don't get it.
Have you not read the responses to my trip reports, etc?  I go out of my way to contribute to your shitty little site only for assholes to respond negatively.
I don't have a damn thing to apologize for.  Maybe you should apologize for existing.
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
Glade Runner wrote
gebbyfish wrote
Glade Runner wrote
Harvey wrote

I don't have a damn thing to apologize for.  Maybe you should apologize for existing.
I'm starting to understand the dislike so many seem to have for you on this forum.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
There are several sites out there that are bigger like Alpine Zone and TGR.  I'm guessing on AZ you'd get banned for calling Nick a pedophile, on TGR I doubt anyone would care.

As for the quality or shittiness of NYSB, we control the blog and magazine and IMO they are solid.   Forum content is in the hands of all of us, especially the most frequent posters, which includes you.

My theory: Everyone wants to believe they've made good life choices, that's human nature. No question that a certain amount of bragging goes on in every ski forum.  To some extent people do that to convince people, including themselves, that they are living right.  If you tell people they suck and their life choices are a mistake, they are bound to react negatively.  If you want a different reaction, maybe try a different approach.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
+1

There should be a "like" button on the forum.  Oh wait, that's Facebook!
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey - he clearly wants to be banned so he can go brag somewhere else that he's so badass he was banned on another ski website.

Glade Runner - when a bunch of relatively like minded people tell you you're being a dick, you should shut up and think about that, cause you're probably being a dick.

Not everyone measures their skiing simply by days or hours skied.

Your hypothesis that you're a better skier than me may be valid. We'll never know. I got past comparing myself to other skiers a long time ago. Some people are better than me, some aren't, but none of them care either way.

Harvey - you are one patient dude.

sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by gebbyfish
glade runner

i enjoy your posts. the pictures go a long way in showing me what the conditions are like. we all have a different interpretation of conditions and what we personally like. that is why the picture go a long way. and as i said in other post u stepped in it this year as far as picking quality days... no doubt a little lucky.  BUT you stated

" As for Billy, I'd guess you are one of the many with poles I skate past on the flats.  One of the guys I stomp past in the moguls or blow by in the woods.  "

not sure why you don't use poles but they are fundamental to balance and starting the turn. i cant see you booking through the woods without the ability to plant a pole and make a quick turn to avoid something unpleasant.   sorry dude.  quit taking things so personally. haters will hate. continue posting those photos.
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
In reply to this post by Harvey
Sorry did't realize a signature rule was in place.  I believe I did it all last season and had been doing it this one too.  @snoloco mine was set up the same way I just like to spread it out.  If I can do it horizontal in 4 lines or less under is that alright?
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
fahz wrote
Sorry did't realize a signature rule was in place.  I believe I did it all last season and had been doing it this one too.  @snoloco mine was set up the same way I just like to spread it out.  If I can do it horizontal in 4 lines or less under is that alright?
Fahz... there isn't really a rule. Or at least there never was.  I pretty much was letting anything go, but Glade was using his signature to track days in a very vertical way.

Here's his current count, imagine it at the bottom of every post he makes:

Glade Runner wrote
14-15 Season:

11-9   Killington                                            
11-21 Holiday Valley (opening day 27")  
11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")    
11-28 Greek Peak                                  
11-30 Greek Peak (sb)  

12-7 Greek Peak (sb)                    
12-10 Killington (13")
12-12 Song (reopening 26")
12-14 Greek Peak (sb)
12-15 Windham
12-18 Holiday Valley
12-21 Greek Peak (sb)
12-22 Windham
12-26 Greek Peak
12-28 Greek Peak

1-3 Greek Peak
1-5 Windham
1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
1-8 Greek Peak
1-9 Greek Peak
1-11 Greek Peak (sb)
1-12 Holiday Valley
1-15 Greek Peak
1-17 Plattekill
1-18 Greek Peak
1-20 Mad River Glen (12-15")
1-22 Greek Peak
1-23 Elk Mountain
1-24 Greek Peak (sb)
1-28 Jay Peak (6-12")
1-30 Greek Peak
1-31 Greek Peak (sb)

2-1 Greek Peak  (sb)
2-2 Greek Peak (10")
2-3 Magic (12" +)
2-6 Greek Peak (12"+)
2-7 Greek Peak (sb)
2-8 Smugglers Notch
2-9 Sugarbush
2-13 Greek Peak
2-14 Greek Peak (sb)
* 2-15 Aldis gas line & surrounding woods (hike to)
2-16 Greek Peak
* 2-17 Aqua Terra & Wolf Park/Crater (hike to)
* 2-18 Aqua Terra (hike to)
* 2-19 Aqua Terra (hike to)
2-22 Gore
2-23 Greek Peak (sb)
* 2-24 Aqua Terra (hike to)
2-26 Greek Peak (sb)
* 2-27 Aqua Terra (hike to)
2-28 Greek Peak

3-1 Cannon
3-2 Burke
3-5 Greek Peak
3-7 Greek Peak
3-8 Middlebury College Snow Bowl
3-9 Bolton Valley (6")
3-12 Greek Peak
3-13 Elk Mountain
3-14 Elk Mountain
3-15 Gore
3-16 Mad River Glen (6")
3-18 Greek Peak (7-8")
There are 10 posts per page, so imagine a page where 5 of those posts are his. It was bumming people out (me too) so eliminated his signature and asked him to post it in a separate thread:

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Ski-Day-Tracking-Thread-2014-2015-td4052792.html

I'll give you a signature back if you really want it and try to keep it from getting too vertical. Or you can post in the thread above.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Glade Runner wrote
Have you not read the responses to my trip reports, etc?  I go out of my way to contribute to your shitty little site only for assholes to respond negatively..
So a couple of assholes shit on you so you.........shit on everyone?????

That ain't cool.  Thicker skin or duck's back, my friend!  Take a deep breath and step back from the ledge.  Your trip reports are too good to lose as you try to go out in whatever blaze of glory you are envisioning in your mind right now!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Glade Runner wrote
I don't just talk about it, I go get it.
Practice what u preach, GladeGaper.  Shut up and ski!

And stop expecting people to be impressed w/ 1.5 well ok two foot logging road shoulder "drops."  Real rippers don't even notice that stuff cause its simply just not relevant......   

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Glade Runner wrote
You should probably apologize for being a guy who skis without poles.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
one of these days I'm gonna go to the pharmacy and actually buy a douche - do they actually come with bags and nozzles?! I guess I could google it but I'm afraid of what I might see. kinda like PA or GR posts, once seen can't be un-seen. sorry.... carry on.
Before this thread goes any further, I'd like some clarification.  If you were forced to "be" one component of a douche system, which would be more desirable: the nozzle or the bag?

Which is a bigger burn?  Are there other components we could be calling each other?
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
witch hobble wrote
gorgonzola wrote
one of these days I'm gonna go to the pharmacy and actually buy a douche - do they actually come with bags and nozzles?! I guess I could google it but I'm afraid of what I might see. kinda like PA or GR posts, once seen can't be un-seen. sorry.... carry on.
Before this thread goes any further, I'd like some clarification.  If you were forced to "be" one component of a douche system, which would be more desirable: the nozzle or the bag?

Which is a bigger burn?  Are there other components we could be calling each other?
Gorgo's post had me laughing all night yesterday, now I'll be laughing all afternoon about the follow-up...
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Glade Runner wrote
Maybe you should apologize for existing.
umm that's actually funny!!    calling Harv a pedo - NOT funny
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
gorgonzola wrote

There must be a douche "tube" or "hose" that goes from the douchebag to the douchenozzle?
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Forget the delivery mechanisms.....just BE the douche.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by pro2860
Hey Pro did U see the Giants signed George Selvie and your Cowgirls signed the DE under NFL investigation for beating his wife?  Way to go Jerry - pay 13 million to a wife beater!  Class organization!!!!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Hahaha...do the Giants still have that red faced coach?
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
yep!  nice deflection away from the ugly that is your cowgirls.   I feel bad even saying cowgirls given your francize player is a mom beater and your new 13 million a year DE is a wife beater!!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!