100 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NY Ski Area Closing Dates (2015)

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Sorry gang here it is. Big Tupper is closing today. Post what you know below, and I'll incorporate it. If your info is unofficial please note it. If you know the date that a lift-served mountain closed or is closing please post it.

Mountain Closing DateStatus
Belleayre 4/12(closed)
Big Tupper3/15(closed)
Brantling3/29(closed)
Bristol Mountain4/12(closed)
Buffalo Ski Club3/29(closed)
Catamount Ski Area4/05(closed)
Cockaigne Ski AreaX/XX(did not open)
Dry Hill Ski Area3/29(closed)
Gore Mtn4/19(closed)
Greek Peak4/12(closed)
Hickory Ski Center3/29(closed)
Holiday Valley4/05(closed)
Holimont4/05(closed)
Hunt Hollow4/04(closed)
Hunter Mountain4/12(closed)
Kissing Bridge3/29(closed)
Labrador Mountain3/29(closed)
Maple Ski Ridge3/29(closed)
McCauley Mountain4/12(closed)
Mount Peter3/29(closed)
Oak Mountain3/21(closed)
Peek n Peak4/04(closed)
Plattekill4/12(closed)
Polar Peak Ski BowlX/XX(----)
Royal Mountain4/19(closed)
Snow Ridge3/29(closed)
Song Mountain4/12(closed)
Swain4/04(closed)
Thunder Ridge3/22(closed)
Titus Mountain4/04(closed)
Toggenburg3/29(closed)
Tuxedo Ridge3/22(closed)
West Mountain4/05(closed)
Woods Valley4/04(closed)
Whiteface4/19(closed)
Willard4/04(closed)
Windham4/05(closed)
Woodstream4/05(closed)

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NY Ski Area Closing Dates (2015)

snoloco
Hunter:  4/12 (on website)

Windham:  4/05 (they always close 1st Sunday in April)

Mount Peter:  3/29
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
I saw Pico was closing after the April 3, 4, 5 weekend from their site.
Reply | Threaded
|

Grillman
I hate this post.

this year has been too windy and cold....i have too many days left in me and the days are numbered at our mountains.
Reply | Threaded
|

Efilnikufesin
Hunter coming in at 4/12 is promising, don't ride there often but they usually go down late in the first week of April. Belle usually another week or two after depending.  Daks usually April 20th give or take, maybe another week? Doubtful but I can hope. Need to check out a Sugarloaf trip if I can squeeze in another few days off work. If not Loaf then Killington.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I was looking at some ski magazines from 1959 yesterday, apparently in 1958 MRG ran for 115 days and Stowe was $65 for a week of skiing (lifts, lodging, breakfast and dinner inc).

Reply | Threaded
|

snow4vr
Skied the last weekend at Belleayre last year - was a blast!  They had enough coverage I thought for sure they could have gone another two weeks... Maybe they will make it to May this year with the chill that has settled in now...
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Belleayre will never make it further than 4/12 or 4/19.  Maybe Hunter will stay open till 4/19.  WF and Gore might be able to make May this year, but definitely not Belleayre.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
snoloco wrote
Belleayre will never make it further than 4/12 or 4/19.  Maybe Hunter will stay open till 4/19.  WF and Gore might be able to make May this year, but definitely not Belleayre.
LOL
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
May
This doesn't seem realistic to me. The only snow that will last that long is manmade.

We've had a great year so far with few meltdowns and less resurfacing.

Nobody knows weather, but seems like a longshot for Gore and Whiteface to be open on May 1.
Reply | Threaded
|

Efilnikufesin
I doubt ORDA would even think of pushing it into May. I've been pretty happy with how long they stay open. After the first week in April it is usually fri-sun late into April. Last day at Gore was friday 4/18 last year. Then if I have time I make other plans after that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Efilnikufesin
In reply to this post by snoloco
I've never seen Belle close before Hunter or Windham. Always later than Windham, usually a week after Hunter, but sometimes the same week.

You'd be surprised how well Belle holds onto snow.
Reply | Threaded
|

evantful
Yeah normally Belleayre stays open as long as Hunter and in quite a few years past was normally open a weekend longer.
What Belleayre lacks in snowmaking it makes up with its almost fully northern exposure and tree covering.

The main face of Hunter has a strong Northeast to East exposure that takes a beating from the Sun in the Spring

Whiteface and Gore will not be open in May, even if they had the snow.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Does it seem like a good idea for a ski area operator to keep the mountain open until May? Probably not. The $ just isn't there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowhunter
Sadly I must report that Oak has announced that Saturday will be their last day.

Not a monster mountain by any stretch of the imagination but a wonderful place just the same.  Oak is where I get to share the skiing (mountain) experience with my whole family.  I have young and old children and a wife who only within the last few years took up the sport so Oak is a place where I get to share my passion with the people who mean the most to me.  Oak is a great family mountain where we can let the kids go and be themselves while at the same time letting us all ski together.  We have great memories from our days there and we're not done yet!  We'll be there Saturday and we will be back again next year!  
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
Catamount on facebook
Yesterday at 8:42am ·

Our operating schedule for the remainder of the season is as follows, weather permitting of course. We will be open daily through Monday, 3/23. We will be closed on Tuesday, 3/24, Wednesday, 3/25 and Thursday, 3/26. We will re-open on Friday, 3/27 for the weekend. We will be closed Monday, 3/30 through Thursday, 4/2. Weather permitting, we will re-open on Friday, 4/3 for Easter Weekend, making April 5th our last day of the season. We have a lot of snow left on the mountain so make sure you get out to enjoy one of the last few weekends of this ski season!
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
I guess if you are Harv's buddy, you can track your ski dates in your signature.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Glade Runner wrote
I guess if you are Harv's buddy, you can track your ski dates in your signature.
I have met Fahz once (maybe twice?) at Plattekill.  Seems like a cool guy, but I can't say we are buddies.

There are 600 members and the old policy was to give anyone a signature who asked for it and was in good standing.  That policy changed because you looked to be headed for a signature that was 100 lines long and most agreed that was not a great experience to page through all that stuff.

There are probably other who should be removed from the signature list to be consistent. I appreciate you taking on the roll of pointing them out. Let's say the rule is 4 lines tops.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Harvey wrote
Glade Runner wrote
I have met Fahz once (maybe twice?) at Plattekill.  Seems like a cool guy, but I can't say we are buddies.

There are 600 members and the old policy was to give anyone a signature who asked for it and was in good standing.  That policy changed because you looked to be headed for a signature that was 100 lines long and most agreed that was not a great experience to page through all that stuff.

There are probably other who should be removed from the signature list to be consistent. I appreciate you taking on the roll of pointing them out. Let's say the rule is 4 lines tops.
So you are rewarded if you Skiless.  That makes sense.  Douche nozzle.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
When I tracked my ski days in my signature, I gave each mountain its own line.  I did not give each day its own line.  Until the very end of the season, my signature was fine and Harvey never said anything about it.