classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
46 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NYSB Skiing Meet-up Thread

ADmiKe
This post was updated on .
Harvey said to make this thread and he'd pin it...

I know this has come up before, but just haven't seen it happen yet, a meet-up thread to facilitate connecting with other NYSB'ers, since many times I'm sure we cross paths in lift lines, etc. without even knowing it.  I'm thinking this could be for resort skiing or touring.  

May be a good way to meet other like-minded skiers as well.  I know for me personally, there are times when my wife stays back or certain people in my group decide not to ski, and I end up solo skiing.  Being able to connect with some other skiers who share the same passion could be good.

I've met and skied with a few people from here, mostly because they recognized my bright yellow jacket seen in my avatar.

Post your suggestions for how this could work best if you have any
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NYSB Skiing Meet-up Thread

snoloco
We should do a spring meetup at Whiteface.  Nobody beats WF in the spring, except maybe Killington.

I can also drag out my Plattekill rental idea again here.  It really should be possible to do, but I can't do it without Harvey's help, and he seems reluctant to help me with it.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Sno - you going to be skiing next week?  Maybe meet up for a few runs at Whiteface?
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I'm not at Whiteface till January 11th .  I'm not close enough to ski there when I'm at home for Winter break.  That's why my recent reports have been on Belleayre.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
I like this idea. I actually thought I’d met Snoloco Wednesday at Gore. I rode up with a young guy a freshman at Clarkson. So I asked where he was from thinking maybe Sno but come to find out he lives in Schroon Lake. He seemed like what I’d picture you Sno. So yes it’d be nice to have real faces and voices to the folks on this site. I'm certainly no social director to organize something like this thou. I'll have to think on it.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
I was not at Gore on Wednesday.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I've skied with quite a few of the peeps of here.  I'm up for a meet up though my schedule is fixed by my son's race schedule.

WF in late March hopefully with some runs in the Slides would be great.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Bumped into Grillman this past week at mid-station deck, met him and his buddies for the first time - Great meeting you man, and thanks for the lambchops!  Next time we'll do a skin up
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I'll be at Gore Feb 4 -5 for my sons Super G race

The 4th is a training  day so that is a day I will be skiing
Reply | Threaded
|

Grillman
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
Mike, It was nice to meet you last week.   I did indeed skin up one day...I will try again on Sunday the 8th.

Those of you on this thread, you can find me most weekends around 12:30 grilling at Mid at WF.  Later if the skiing is good. Please stop by.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Met Ethan Snow and Glade Runner today.

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Hunter-1-6-17-td4096924.html
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Thinking of doing a dawn patrol Sunday morning...anyone else going to be out there? (Whiteface)
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
No - I'll be at Old Forge watching my son race and getting in a few turns

I'll be at Gore the weekend of Feb 4 -5 for a Super G.  That Saturday is a training day so I will be getting in a lot of skiing that day.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
Shoot.  I actually brought my new skis and High Peaks Cyclery is mounting the Dynafits today.....but I didn't bring skins with me, for either set of skis.  Have fun tomorrow if you get out!  I'm going to bring the skins in the future as part of my regular Placid packing....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
One time after a storm I was at Gore and foolishly* went back down to the saddle. Gondi went on windhold and I got shut out.  Now I always keep them in my boot bag.

(*women and their bathrooms! Use a tree :)
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Live and learn, Harv!

At the Cloudspin now, I'm buying if anyone is here.....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
 I'm going to bring the skins in the future as part of my regular Placid packing....
I'd def keep them in the car...could prob stuff them somewhere like the spare tire area depending on what kinda vehicle you have. Fortunately, this season I have access to a place I can keep several pair of skis in Placid...so I've got majority of my equipment on tap for the first time ever.

Good seeing you out on Skyward...let's link up another weekend and do a skin...if all goes to plan I'll be up next 3 weekends, maybe some weekdays if I get sick.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Sunday= More Gore!
I don't rip, I bomb.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
This post was updated on .
I'll be at Gore this weekend and as Saturday is a training day for my son I am free from having to stand and watch a race

Anyone interested in skiing?

Will also be at Belleryre Next Sunday the 12th.  Would like a local to show me around a bit.

I dislike Hunter so much I'm considering dropping the boy off and skiing Platty on the 11th.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
I'll be up at Whiteface this wknd but wouldn't mind taking you up on your offer for some runs and beers afterwards from my stance post...another time