ORDA has "ongoing fiscal challenges" according to this article

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
113 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ORDA has "ongoing fiscal challenges"

DackerDan
You missed the point, we are all collectively responsible for electing the people who run the government, what ever side of the aisle they sit. If you don't like the way the people in the banking industry where handled, change the way Washington is run.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
DackerDan wrote
You missed the point, we are all collectively responsible for electing the people who run the government, what ever side of the aisle they sit. If you don't like the way the people in the banking industry where handled, change the way Washington is run.
Seriously???? they're in bed together, corrupt as hell....gonna take an old fashion revelution to turn this mess around
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
yep Bennie and the FEds been printing up $$$$$ faster than chit theu a goose and those who managed  to get theu the worst recession in almost 90 yrs by being prudent and safing up are unable to get ROI without investing in the market as of late .

Even tho the market has surged back , IF one took a heavy hit in 07/ 08 even with a doubling one is ONLY back where they WERE prior to the hit . As a sr i saw rhis coming and actually avoided ANY hit and kept buying in with safed up returnes BUT MANY did not . Many srs are SAVERS and are GETTING buried by lack of ROI as a result of the FED and Banking coterie

SAD. For many who now do NOT have the time to recover . As an economist and student of trends fortunately we did fine but we have FRIENDS who will probably not recover

Bernanke is a damn disaster !!!

End of rant
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
tjf1967 wrote
+1 to this -1

Or is it -2?

Whatever, I agree with tjf
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
DackerDan wrote
Seriously???? they're in bed together, corrupt as hell....gonna take an old fashion revelution to turn this mess around
I don't know if your serious or this is a weak attempt at sarcasim, if it is then you should clean your computer screen and glasses because no where the words "corruption" or "revolution" used. One good example of what is happening to change things is the lobbying being done for gun control, here is a group of citizens who are working to change things, you may not agree with their position but at least they are doing something.

If you don't like things, stop bitch'n and work on changing it.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
DackerDan wrote
campgottagopee wrote
DackerDan wrote
I don't know if your serious or this is a weak attempt at sarcasim, if it is then you should clean your computer screen and glasses because no where the words "corruption" or "revolution" used. One good example of what is happening to change things is the lobbying being done for gun control, here is a group of citizens who are working to change things, you may not agree with their position but at least they are doing something.

If you don't like things, stop bitch'n and work on changing it.
100% serious

it's just my opinion, obvi differs from yours, and that's cool.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
I accept no responsibility for any of it.

It's sounds cold I know, but the big down turns (9/11 and 2008) are buying opportunities as long as you keep buying.

That's the only growth we've seen in our 401k.
Actually I do accept responsibility (accolades!) for continuing to invest in American companies while averages were plummeting.  Us chumps — the 401k guys — provided what little stability there was, while institutional investors fled like scared chickens.

Our allocation is pretty aggressive for a guy in his mid fifties - it's somewhere around 75/25, so maybe that is why we are 25% ahead of where we were before the last meltdown.  I just feel like having enough money for retirement is such a long shot that there is more risk in not taking enough risk, if that makes any sense.

This thread should be broken out into at least three threads but my feeble brain just can't figure it out right now.

I did have a couple backchannel complaints about the political nature of this thread.  To me, since people are being careful to avoid pushing a left or right agenda it seems pretty innocuous. My own opinion is that saying something like "politics sucks" or the "system is rigged against the little guy" isn't overtly political.  Thanks for the moderation.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Go Yankees!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey44 wrote

I did have a couple backchannel complaints about the political nature of this thread.  To me, since people are being careful to avoid pushing a left or right agenda it seems pretty innocuous. My own opinion is that saying something like "politics sucks" or the "system is rigged against the little guy" isn't overtly political.  Thanks for the moderation.

A while ago a few of us here were involved with another ski forum where politcal discussions were allowed. Some of the most level headed and interesting discussions/debates I've ever read were that of Noah and Warp, and I actually learned from them. I wouldn't mind seeing a sub forum where politics is allowed. If people didn't want to read or be involved they wouldn't have to even see it.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Look differance of opinion is a very HEALTHY thing !  What is way more insidious is the failure to tolerate it .

There are always points and counterpoints and the BLEND of ideas is always a better fix .  

BTW hey TJ i have been dollar coat averaging for YEARS  so my point was NOT to influence anyone but rather to say that as one ages defensive strategy is often a way to protect the size of ones corpus when in fact there is little time to recover .

So yeah personally i stayed in , made some adjustments but  was smart enough NOT to take any downside hits thru the entire process   ..just sayin.  

And one thing im sure we agree on : Risk tolerance is personal and subject to modification as one enters the last quarter of ones life journey  o
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
You know whats a good idea.  Happy hour.

Warp I think you are a smart man.  I also think your screen name fits you well,   an ed at the end would clarify cause i dont think you meant speedy.

GO TIGER!!  
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yeah i like to go fast TJ and THAT was the intention in the handle

Cheers !
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
campgottagopee wrote

100% serious

OK - that's cool. However I have not expressed my opinion. I have tried not to express a political position so I don't believe you or anyone else who does not know me knows what my opinion is. But if you want to find out, we should have a brew sometime - there are some political topics that will absolutely get my blood boiling. This is not the venue for that discussion.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
DackerDan wrote
campgottagopee wrote

100% serious

OK - that's cool. However I have not expressed my opinion. I have tried not to express a political position so I don't believe you or anyone else who does not know me knows what my opinion is. But if you want to find out, we should have a brew sometime - there are some political topics that will absolutely get my blood boiling. This is not the venue for that discussion.

I'm down---i really like beer
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
campgottagopee wrote
A while ago a few of us here were involved with another ski forum where politcal discussions were allowed. Some of the most level headed and interesting discussions/debates I've ever read were that of Noah and Warp, and I actually learned from them. I wouldn't mind seeing a sub forum where politics is allowed. If people didn't want to read or be involved they wouldn't have to even see it.
I love to talk politics. I've thought many times about a subforum just for politics and even threw the idea out to the forum once. People were against it.

I think that it's impossible to contain feelings of "that @$$hole (liberal/conservative)" in one forum and not have it spread to the other forums.

Alpine Zone, and FTO and I guess most other forums allow politics.  AZ is so big that it's only a small percentage of posts and it doesn't seem like it hurt that forum too much. (Not totally sure about that, would like to know otherwise).  In some smaller forums, well it seems like it has mattered.

Not just politics, but any issue where the chance of changing anyone's mind is zero.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Who even reads Alpine Zone?  Are you serious?  Its like 200 posers from NJ, Connecticut and LI.  Aim higher Harv.  Seriously.  This place is 100x cooler than Alpine Zone which I can honestly say I haven't even peeked at in years.  And what the hell is FTO?
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Noah John wrote
And what the hell is FTO?
http://www.firsttracksonline.com
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
Who even reads Alpine Zone?  Are you serious?  Its like 200 posers from NJ, Connecticut and LI.  Aim higher Harv.  Seriously.  This place is 100x cooler than Alpine Zone which I can honestly say I haven't even peeked at in years.  And what the hell is FTO?
Noah thanks for the support.

To clarify, I wasn't trying imply that Alpine Zone is in any way a goal of mine. My ideas about what NYSF should be are very different from AZ (or FTO).

I was trying to say that in a forum as large as AZ (it may be the biggest ski forum on the net) maybe politics is OK because it ends up being such a small percentage of total posts.

I agree that quantity and quality are not the same thing. We've had some great posts this season. The TR forum was especially cool IMO.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey44 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
I love to talk politics. I've thought many times about a subforum just for politics and even threw the idea out to the forum once. People were against it.

I think that it's impossible to contain feelings of "that @$$hole (liberal/conservative)" in one forum and not have it spread to the other forums.

Alpine Zone, and FTO and I guess most other forums allow politics.  AZ is so big that it's only a small percentage of posts and it doesn't seem like it hurt that forum too much. (Not totally sure about that, would like to know otherwise).  In some smaller forums, well it seems like it has mattered.

Not just politics, but any issue where the chance of changing anyone's mind is zero.
I hear ya, but, IMO, peeps are mature enough around here to handle it. If they're not Eff 'em...lol