classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
401 messages Options
123456 ... 21
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Objectivity

MC2 5678F589
I'm not bringing emotion into it. It's an argument over facts. I claimed that the statues were put up as a giant fuck you to black people, you claimed they weren't.

We've had this conversation before:

mattchuck2 wrote
If one side says 1+1=2, and one says 1+1=3, it doesn't mean that 1+1=2.5. Some things aren't opinion: Global warming, vaccination, Obama's citizenship. These are things that Trump is questioning. The truth is not "somewhere in the middle" in these questions.
It is nice to see that we're in agreement with what should be done now, though:

campgottagopee wrote
if it takes bringing down every single monument, re-naming every single school, to teach these dumb fuck KKK and white supremacist racist scumbags that the war is over then that's what needs to be done. They're way of life is over. .
I totally agree with that statement.

And as far as history goes, I think we should have more statues and roads named after Non-white historical figures who fought white supremacy. People like Chief Joseph and Harriet Tubman (who both Coach an PeeTex claimed to have never heard of before last year):

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Gary-Johnson-thread-tp4081156p4084931.html
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Maybe we should name them after the black slave owners?
 Perhaps the Indian slave owners? You know, the people ScottyJack would have us to believe are completly innocent in all of this.

But yes, it's nice to agree on the solution
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
  People like Chief Joseph and Harriet Tubman (who both Coach an PeeTex claimed to have never heard of before last year):

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Gary-Johnson-thread-tp4081156p4084931.html
That sill blows my mind
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Then they definitely should come down because the winey minority always gets their way. Al Sharpton is making tRumps point about the monuments valid.  Way to go Al!!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
The current diversion is working splendidly
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
 the winey minority always gets their way.
I don't think that's true.

Unless you're talking about the "whiney minority" called "rich people", in which case, you are exactly right.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Or tRump voters given that they actually comprise  the minority of the general election votes.....
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yea, common TJ --- you should've known you would be wrong!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Seems like ESPN wanted to avoid controversy, then stepped right in it.

Really, though. Who gives a shit about ESPN'S personnel decisions? They just assigned him to a different game.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Seems like ESPN wanted to avoid controversy, then stepped right in it.

Really, though. Who gives a shit about ESPN'S personnel decisions? They just assigned him to a different game.
Apparently the same people who care about stupid statues
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Well, the people who care about statues have a legitimate gripe (whether or not you agree, you have to recognize that their cause is at least grounded in a real issue).

The people who complain about ESPN moving a guy to a different game are like people who complain that Bob was on the register at Wendy's instead of Jim and that ruined their whole day. I mean, sure, you can complain about it, but you come off sounding weird, IMO.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Only if Bob was moved simply because of his name ---- it's sad that there's now a line

Where that line stops is anyone's guess.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
Only if Bob was moved simply because of his name ---- it's sad that there's now a line

The line has to be somewhere before this:

Anyone complaining about a horse's name is a total asshole.

Related: there was a horse running at Saratoga the other day called "Tweeter in Chief". Funny shit.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote

Related: there was a horse running at Saratoga the other day called "Tweeter in Chief". Funny shit.
THAT'S LARRY

Big race this weekend out your way, you going???
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote

The line has to be somewhere before this:

Anyone complaining about a horse's name is a total asshole.

I have the solution

We should outlaw the name Robert E. Lee. Currently anyone with that name shall not be allowed in any public school, park, library, restaurant, etc etc and shall heed to a court order to change their name. If not, you shall be removed!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Big race this weekend out your way, you going???
Since I stopped working at the track, I also stopped going to the Travers. Lots of Crowds. Looks like a beautiful day for it, though.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Camp you do realize the monuments you are complicit about represent the culture of the Confederacy.  The Confederacy, a loosely organized short-lived nation dedicated to the ideal of absolute white supremacy centered around the long defunct Antebellum ideal of agricultural feudalism lorded over by a handful of fabulously wealthy elites.

You do realize that right?
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Sure do.

I also know they were fighting for the only way of life they knew. I also know that blacks and indians were part of the wealthy-elite you talk about. I also know families fought against families, brother against brother. I also know it's part of our American history.
123456 ... 21