classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
401 messages Options
1234567 ... 21
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Objectivity

ScottyJack
People can learn about history by going to museums and national battlefield memorials.    No need to teach racisim at public buildings

How about the tRumpers posting a fake pix of the rally last night. Used a 2016 Getty image photo from the cavaliers nba victory parade.  They included the very green trees not native to Az!  Hahahah.

Stupid is really stupid!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
^50 thousand Facebook engagements on that story before it was caught. That's the kind of thing that gave us Trump (remember all of PeeTex's lies last year, probably pulled from those same Facebook sources). What's that quote about a lie traveling miles and miles while the truth is still tying its shoes?

Hey camp, do you think there should be a Timothy McVeigh memorial in Oklahoma City? He was fighting for the only life he knew, those federal government workers were part of the "government elite" that you talk about, and it's part of our history. So, by your rationale, there should be a monument for him?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Scotty, should we take down the monuments, statues at Gettysburg?

No need to teach racism in public buildings??? Such as schools??
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Your reading comprehension is atrocious...  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ScottyJack wrote

How about the tRumpers posting a fake pix of the rally last night. Used a 2016 Getty image photo from the cavaliers nba victory parade.  They included the very green trees not native to Az!  Hahahah.

Stupid is really stupid!
Too funny!!!

I've noticed tRump signs disappearing around here. I think that those who held out hope are finally throwing in the towel until the next election.  
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Dang, the least favorite tRump daughter got to spend 100k of US tax payer dollars on car rentals during her Rome vacation!!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
OK,  so your all for these statues being at Gettysburg, right? Is that what I should get from your insult???
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
If they must be anywhere, then leave them at national battlefield sites where people choose to go not in front of public buildings where people must go from time to time for citizen responsibilities.

Good job on the re-read.  There is hope for you as long as you have a thick skin.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ScottyJack wrote
  There is hope for you as long as you have a thick skin.
HEY! I'm not the one who was scared of white boyZ carrying guns in the street the other day
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I wasnt scared of them!  i wanted to scalp them!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
...do you think there should be a Timothy McVeigh memorial in Oklahoma City? He was fighting for the only life he knew, those federal government workers were part of the "government elite" that you talk about, and it's part of our history.
Actually, there is a memorial in Oklahoma City, but it doesn't glorify truck bombers: https://oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org/ 

We should have Civil War monuments that don't glorify the defense of slavery by rebellion.  That would be correcting the record, not erasing history.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Milo Maltbie wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
...do you think there should be a Timothy McVeigh memorial in Oklahoma City? He was fighting for the only life he knew, those federal government workers were part of the "government elite" that you talk about, and it's part of our history.
Actually, there is a memorial in Oklahoma City, but it doesn't glorify truck bombers: https://oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org/ 

We should have Civil War monuments that don't glorify the defense of slavery by rebellion.  That would be correcting the record, not erasing history.

mm
Yes. That was my point.

We should celebrate the correct side, not the side that held people as property (and raped, murdered and killed those people) or the side that blew up a building.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Milo Maltbie wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote

mm
Yes. That was my point.

We should celebrate the correct side, not the side that held people as property (and raped, murdered and killed those people) or the side that blew up a building.
The correct side? Like the one that raped, murdered and killed Native Americans during their efforts to connect the west coast to the east coast via railroad?

How about we just try to recognize typical human behavior and it's short comings instead of constantly choosing to be offended?
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Just imagine how the Sioux Indians feel about Mount Rushmore.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Milo Maltbie wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote

mm
Yes. That was my point.

I agree with both of you. I agree that going forward this is what needs to be done. People are all in an uproar over friggin statues that were put up 100 friggin years ago??? Shit man the people who are responsible for them aren't even around anymore. Let them be.

Now I understand that others may think differently than me, I'm fine with that. Despite the fact that the majority of Americans think they should stay, or could care less one way or the other, all the statues and memorials are now gone. Is racism over???? Problem solved??? We can all wash our hands of this and move forward? Or will people now start looking to what's next. What don't I agree with that happened in our history that I want to take down in an attempt to prove I'm right!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
I know how they feel.  I donate to the crazy horse memorial and id be fine blowing them Indian killers off Paha Sapa!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Yes, why not rewrite the memorial plaques to describe the controversy and different aspects of why we could celebrate or not celebrate some historical figures? Leave it open for interpretation and educational without bias?

I guess that would make too much sense and confuse the majority that loves the group think mentality and gets angry when being challenged by critical thinking questions. Ya, F- that, lets keep it at a GI Joe vs. Skelator level. Derp.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Interesting. Crazy Horse didn't even want this memorial you speak of,Tonto.

http://www.masslive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/08/crazy_horse_memorial_not_every.html

"For Crazy Horse to know a colossal likeness of his face would adorn a sacred mountain would have revolted him, according to many tribal historians."

I think the memorial should be torn down due to the Indians owning slaves
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
The Indians would have preferred that the mountains were just left alone. I bet Crazy Horse was an idea conjured up by a European artist that could resist putting his penis all over a mountain side.

It's funny to hear coastal liberals talk about what's best for the Indians and cultures they aren't familiar with.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
1234567 ... 21