Not funny at all
yea ,it was wicked funny
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opening day rumors 2014

Spongeworthy
It's snowing in North Creek and it's starting to stick. Some groomers have been told to report to work.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
What terrain do the Whiteface regulars think will be open by Sunday.  I am debating whether to start the season at Whiteface or at Killington.  Killington will likely have more terrain open, but will be more crowded than WF would be.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
K-Mart would be good for you.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
We have a pool and a pond
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
campgottagopee wrote
... Pond'd be good for you.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
... Pond'd be good for you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Guys, you're blowing it.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Noah John wrote
Guys, you're blowing it.

Twsw
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
I laughed
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Now the word is that Gore will open Sunday with the Gondola serving Foxlair, Sunway, Quicksilver.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Funny ha ha
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
It's been a while since Gore opened before Thanksgiving.  
Actually Gore (and WF too) opened for the weekends of Nov 16-17 and Nov 23-24 last year.  Thanksgiving was the 28th.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Hahahah. Last year was a long time ago$!! Hahah
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Harvey's an internet guy.  A year ago is like a different epoch.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Or maybe senile.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
From the Governor's office this afternoon:

GOVERNOR CUOMO ANNOUNCES WHITEFACE AND GORE MOUNTAINS TO OPEN SUNDAY

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced today that the 2014-15 skiing and riding season will begin this weekend at Gore and Whiteface Mountains. Gore Mountain, located in North Creek, N.Y, and Whiteface Mountain, located in Wilmington, N.Y., will open for business on Sunday, Nov. 16.

"New York is the proud home of some of the best skiing and snowboarding trails and facilities in the entire Northeast," Governor Cuomo said. "Whether you're an expert skier or snowboarder, or someone who's always wanted to try, there is no time like the present to get out and experience more of what New York has to offer. As Gore and Whiteface Mountains officially kick off the 2014-15 season, I encourage all New Yorkers to plan a trip to one of our State's world-class mountains."

Gore has been making snow since Wednesday, Nov. 12, and with almost two miles of continuous skiing and riding serviced by the high-speed Northwoods Gondola, guests should look for a route combining Foxlair, Sunway, Quicksilver, 3B and Jamboree to the Base Area. Some terrain park elements will be available as well.

Meanwhile, snowmaking at Whiteface has been taking place since the evening of Friday, Nov. 7. This in combination with natural snowfall means that at least three trails will be open at the resort for Sunday's skiing and riding.

When purchasing lift tickets at Gore, visitors can double their discount to $20 off already-reduced early season prices by donating two non-perishable food items at the ticket window. Accounting for this donation to support area food banks, Sunday's prices are $37 for adults, $25 for teens and seniors, and $12 for juniors.

At Whiteface, tickets are $40 for adults, $35 for teens and seniors and $30 for juniors. After this weekend, both resorts will close Sunday, at 4 p.m., and re-open Saturday, Nov. 22. Full-time operations are slated to begin on Friday, Nov. 28.

Operations at Belleayre, in Highmount, N.Y., begin Nov. 28, conditions and weather permitting.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I don't see why lifts cant spin at Bell this Sunday also.  Natural is falling and the temps are cold.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Look at the Hunter and Windham webcams.  There is nowhere near enough snow for it to be skiable, even with snowmaking which I don't know if Belleayre is doing yet.  Belleayre is not on par with WF and Gore and will never follow the same season dates that WF and Gore do.  It is much more in line with Windham and Hunter and will have similar season dates to those 2.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
snoloco wrote
Look at the Hunter and Windham webcams.  There is nowhere near enough snow for it to be skiable, even with snowmaking which I don't know if Belleayre is doing yet.  Belleayre is not on par with WF and Gore and will never follow the same season dates that WF and Gore do.  It is much more in line with Windham and Hunter and will have similar season dates to those 2.
Good thing you're around to splain stuff to folks Sno.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen