107 messages Options
1 ... 3456
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Personal Ski Goal: New Resort Each Season

louie.mirags
This post was updated on .
Last year for me was Elk Mtn.  That mountain reminds me of Belleayre. Very homey.  Also made it to Alpine and Squaw for my first time out west.

This year for me was mt snow.

Next year I need to hit platty for the first time.  And based on this thread I need to add McCauley to that list.  
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In addition to getting Squaw Valley (although limited, need to get back) this year, headed to Seattle and stoked to add Mt. Baker.  
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Castle Mountain in Alberta... It was awesome with low quality conditions, I can only imagine what it will be like with good snow... the longest continuous fall line in North America.  Definitely not your typical destination resort, but worth the trip for those who appreciate big mountain terrain.

Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Castle? Adding to my Alberta/BC list.  Looks like a couple hour from Calgary. Occupy yourself a couple days here?  Looks like it, especially with the Cat skiing.  Details!
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Hoser wrote
  Details!
Here you go: Trip Report
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by nepa
The surrounding back country looks like the real deal. Biggly lines.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
This post was updated on .
raisingarizona wrote
The surrounding back country looks like the real deal. Biggly lines.
For sure... the gated in-bounds lines aren't too shabby either.. sustained 40-42 degrees... the view  of this zone from the Huckleberry pod is pretty impressive.  Did not venture over to this zone this go around... it was open, but the traverse was nearly impossible with strong winds in your face.  As soon as we exited the Red chair, the wind nearly knocked us over, on snowboards, we knew it wasn't happening.  We already have it on the table again for next year... hopefully we can time it better.

1 ... 3456