Personal Ski Goal: New Resort Each Season

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
107 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Personal Ski Goal: New Resort Each Season

Gunny J
  After last seasons  brown despair and skiing all season on the white ribbon ,I would love to just ski somewhere that is covered in white bliss. After race season is over plan on skiing our favs Gore ,Killington and Whiteface.  
   Last seasons trip to Tremblant  has now got us interested in Mont St Anne. Nephew that ski bums in Colorado ,says couch is always open, maybe 2017 is the year to head west!
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Gunny J wrote
Nephew that ski bums in Colorado ,says couch is always open, maybe 2017 is the year to head west!

"If you don't do it this year than you will be one year older when you do." Warren Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Got my first new resort in a couple of years today. It was pretty cool.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I'm taking my kid to Purgatory in a couple of weeks. If wasn't for skiing with my daughter I don't know if I would have ever gone there, it doesn't look very exciting but it looks great for family skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Brownski
Any pics brownski?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by ml242
It is a good feeling to get a new place.

I got mine this year.  But I want THREE this year.

I have this dream that I will spent an entire winter driving NY the way myPOV did. Be fun to have the time to pick off every NY area, with emergency side trips to the lake effect or upslope when required.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gunny J
Gunny J wrote
After last seasons  brown despair and skiing all season on the white ribbon ,I would love to just ski somewhere that is covered in white bliss.
How's it coming Gunny? Good luck to all of us.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
Any pics brownski?
I made a TR
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
In reply to this post by Harvey
Season started great in Decemberthis year in NEPA,January been a little dull. Got three Months left, McCauleys call in after I saw the time your had and what goodness you found. Thanks for the Blog and hope to see ya on a deck in March Harv!
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Junior has knocked off two new resorts this year, Hunter and Greek, and my 10 yr old got Windam and Killington.

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
I was emailing with NYSB CEO when I confessed my goal to ski a new place each season. I'm pretty stoked that I try to do this every year, and wish other people would try new places too. Maybe they'd be into safety netting or bubble chairs, or a different view or something... who knows.

So I am trying to promote the idea. Ski a new resort this year. On my shortlist:

Maine:
Saddleback

NY:
McCauley Mountain

Quebec:
Mont Saint Anne.

How bout yous?
How's it working out so far? I visited Greek and Mount Greylock Ski Club for the first time this year. Junior got Greek, Hunter and MGSC and my 10 yr old knocked off Windam and MGSC
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
McCauley,  Middlebury Snow Bowl, and Wood's Valley new to me this year. McCauley left me with the same " Why did I wait so long to ski here?" feeling as my first visit to Plattekill. Now on my radar for  LES events, much better terrain than Snow Ridge.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
What was Middlebury like? Last year I bought a Champlain Valley Ski Card with full intention of going there, to Suicide Six and Burke for first time visits. I feel like I broke even on the card but didn't end up going anywhere I hadn't been before. How bout a Middlebury TR (or a mini TR at least)?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Middlebury is a solid mountain. Good tree skiing. Couple of reports if you search the forums.

New to me this year: Hogback Mountain, Petersburg Pass, Alpine Meadows.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Brownski wrote
What was Middlebury like?
Here are two of my older reports from Midd. Cool place, some nice trees, good price. Nothing mindblowing, though. Incredible place for avoiding the crowds on a super busy day. Doesn't get my pulse going. But perfect for someone that does want or need that.
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
riverc0il wrote
Brownski wrote
What was Middlebury like?
Here are two of my older reports from Midd.
Wow, that second picture looks like they had to make a boatload of snow to even out that double fall line.

I've driven by it - the place does look pretty steep.

BTW, if you get stuck behind a truck on the road leading up the hill, good luck.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Brand new this year: the xc ski race course at North Creek Ski Bowl.  Honorable mention: racing at McCauley Mt. When I was there 15 + years ago, the race course went up the back of the alpine hill and then down it.  This year, they had a serious race loop all in the woods on the xc side that scared the you-know-what outta me.
Reply | Threaded
|

greyMoose
New this year: Whiteface

Moved to upstate NY in 2004 but didn't start skiing until 2010.  My wife, who is from the area, told us stories about skiing at Whiteface aka Iceface.  Being a beginner back then, I wasn't about to make a 3 hour drive to ski on ice so we've always avoided it...until this year.  Thanks to a few years of skiing experience and a big blast of Stella, my son and I made the trip on Tuesday.  Like my post under Conditions said, we had a great time and hope to make this an annual thing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Z
Reply | Threaded
|