Plattekill Conditions (2013-2014)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
102 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Plattekill Conditions

snoloco
I really want to experience a Powderdaize at Plattekill, but I can only get to Creek when the roads are bad (easier to drive 10 miles than 100 in bad weather)  My dad has work too, and can't just take off because they got snow.  Since I have a full season pass at Hunter, I haven't gone to any other Catskill Mountain this year since I have already paid to go to Hunter.  It won't happen this year, but a Plattekill Powderdaize is on my bucket list.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Was anyone at Plattekill last weekend? How were the woods skiing on Sunday? The temp fluctuations are making things tough to gauge without boots on the ground, and pics would always be nice. Hoping to get to the Cats on Friday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
ml242 wrote
Was anyone at Plattekill last weekend? How were the woods skiing on Sunday? The temp fluctuations are making things tough to gauge without boots on the ground, and pics would always be nice. Hoping to get to the Cats on Friday.
Wasn't there on Sunday...but on Saturday they were still skiing o.k.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis
I had the best powder packed power days at Platty probably about 10 or so which is about 6 more then I normally average. It was fun seeing Markski with his family in the trees a few weeks ago. Love this hill. Wonder when new snow making ocean will be used.
Scotty
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
It was funny being in the woods and seeing you and Cornhead pop out of the woods onto that mountain biking trail. lol.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
  Platty skied great today after the Sun softened things up. Triple side descent early ,double side a little  stiff till   that March sunshine came out. Skied to about three then found a great way to end the day,drank a couple of Ommegangs while  listening to the Band and watching  my Son lap Plunge out the bar window.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
^^^ sounds like a great day. I love the Ommegang on tap at Platty. It sounds like tomorrow may be a little firm with a low of 8 tonight!
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
What's the guess for this weekend? Got e-mail that they will open.
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
The weather looks great for Sunday and hopefully, whatever comes in on Friday, leaves quickly for Saturday.  All of the trails are still white on the current webcam, including the natural snow ones.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
Anybody go Saturday ?  I'am still looking for someone to go Sunday
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I just spoke to Sean Riley. He said skiing was really good today. Soft, which surprised him.  He skied some of the natural stuff but as he says "don't follow me!"

Also he said it's going below freezing now so the corn should set up nicely.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
This post was updated on .
Thanks for the info, but now I have had a family emergency come up. You can tell Laz that Scott did it again
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Seems like every mountain had great day today.  Plattekill had great snow, sun and nary a line as usual.  Several notables in attendance. Was very cool to see Laz and Danielle ski almost the entire day.  Great "closing" day. If that.

Marcski Charging early AM
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
From Plattekill via Email:

APRIL 13th ?????

Ok, WHY NOT??? We have the SNOW ....

We may just open for just ONE MORE DAY!!!!

If we can pre-sell 100 tkts by Friday for SUNDAY (4/13) then we WILL be OPEN!!

If not, then we will refund your $20 and call it a season!

TO BUY YOUR $20 TICKETS click:

Plattekill Lift Tickets
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
New pipe for snowmaking on Plunge...

Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Apparently, Ridge Run and Giant Slalom are also getting some guns.... so cool.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Tower gun bases going in...

Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
The leaves are changing and there's a chill in the air. Which has me thinking it's almost time to clear some more of platty's magical woods.  It would be super sweet if we did two days this year after all you can't have too many lines in the trees. I'm not even sure who has been organizing this super awesome shindig,  but the time is near let's get the ball rolling. :-)
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
where's the snow wrote
The leaves are changing and there's a chill in the air. Which has me thinking it's almost time to clear some more of platty's magical woods.  It would be super sweet if we did two days this year after all you can't have too many lines in the trees. I'm not even sure who has been organizing this super awesome shindig,  but the time is near let's get the ball rolling. :-)
This is being discussed. ML has been the driving force behind this event, which has been slated for late October or early November.  He is looking for help this year to get it organized. Stay tuned for details or PM ML.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
Is anyone else going to plattepalooza ?  I would really like to help clear some brush ,since I take advantage of the cleared areas. Please post when the plattydeclearing is planned so I can be sure to help. Thanks.
"No Falls=No Bslls