Plattekill Conditions (2017 - 2018)

243 messages Options
123456 ... 25
Brownski Brownski
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Plattekill Conditions

I want to demolish and redo the maintenance, pump house etc and bulldoze that part of the road so you ski right through that area. I'm envisioning all new parking at the bottom. Now that I think of it, maybe the tubing can go where the current parking is, basically running from the current lodge's third level right down to the new lodge. That would be a badass tubing Hill
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

I do see what you mean about the trees on the other side of Overlook but I feel like some local insiders already ski out there and I kind of like keeping the infrastructure compact the way it is now
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

I always wanted to ski those trees, but I don’t want to have to hoof it up the road afterwards.  So I like Ethan’s idea!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Lots of good thinking Ethan.

Funny as hell seeing a lift coming right out of the farmers field.  As far as I know, there is only one rule at Plattekill... "don't ski in the farmers field!"

Seems like the trees at all of my mountains are getting trails.   Maybe just a rope tow on the ridge?  

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
I always wanted to ski those trees, but I don’t want to have to hoof it up the road afterwards.  So I like Ethan’s idea!
JT you know this: If you didn't have to walk at the end there would be many more tracks in the snow.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Ethan Snow Ethan Snow
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Maybe just a rope tow on the ridge?  

What do you mean? Where?

I am an advocate for having an old school ropetow somewhere too.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
scottski63 scottski63
Reply |

Let’s get back to reality. Who’s skiing tomorrow?  It’s going to be fun. I wish I had a snapshot of post rain pre Snow
sig sig
Reply |

trail count is low. can't imagine the trees are in play. i blew edge out last year in the 40 inch storm with no base underneath it.
scottski63 scottski63
Reply |

.        Beautiful day at Platt.  Lower angle natural trails were skiable. I wish I could figure out how to post right side up photos
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

scottski63 wrote
 I wish I could figure out how to post right side up photos
When my IPhone does that, I go into pictures, open the pic, hit "edit", select the crop tool, crop a hairs width off the edges, rotate it all the way around (360 degrees) then save it that way. Then I go back and edit the post, delete and redo the pics and it posts right side up. It takes less time then the explanation makes it sound
123456 ... 25