Tales from Work: The Good and the Bad

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
154 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Tales from Work: The Good and the Bad

JTG4eva!
Boohoo...the guy who constantly calls people who disagree with him stupid is going to get his widdle nose of of joint because big bad Jump Turn Guy insulted him!  Hahahahaaaahahaaaha!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I thought you were going to repeat your questions for me.

What was that?
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I’m currently too busy to repeat my questions....all I have time for at the moment is pressing your buttons!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by green light
green light wrote
Its the fucking Mario fucking Cuomo bridge
https://www.change.org/p/the-ny-state-legislature-return-the-tappan-zee-name-to-those-who-rightfully-deserve-it-the-indians-and-dutch
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

green light
Thanks for the link Harv, I signed. I saw it last April from the Amtrak, they were almost done removing the old span. Can’t remember the last time I was on the old Tappan Zee.
its a beautiful thing
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I still think it should just be Tappan Zee, but I guess better than nothing.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by green light
I see  the bridge everyday..The new on looks great ,especially at night...
It is and will always be the TZ bridge  just like the Triboro bridge will never be the RFK bridge..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I agree it is spectacular.  Absolutely beautiful.

Makes the old one look like a total hunk of junk too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
The new bridge is very nice and the addition of the breakdown lanes is super helpful. I cross it almost everyday.
When the bike path opens, it will make for an interesting round trip for the NYC road bikers.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I hear there's some rusting bolts on it that are discreetly being replaced asap.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Moving 300+ cars = the bad

the good = it's done

time to rock
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
Pretty kick ass work last four days.  Powder skiing in May on the company nickel, followed by two days of meetings that included conferring with attorneys and forensic accountants to prepare for a ground breaking fast-track arbitration, and then the opportunity to add expert witness testimony re: government accounting issues to my CV.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Aren't you a bit old to be doing your very first expert witness testimony?

The guys that talk a lot of shit on here always seem to have the least accomplishments.

In fact, this entire thread seems to be just a bunch of people screaming "I'm important! The work I do is meaningful and worth the sacrifices I make to do it" into the void in hopes that someone will agree with them and validate their life choices.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Must be a real bitch going through life grumpy AF like you do MC

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
Lol.

You always cheer me up because you assume the things I say imply some angry mood, instead of just being statements on the way things look from my vantage point.

I'm a happy guy with a lot of interests and a lot of time to indulge in those interests.

But, if there's another thing that's super common in this thread (and in this forum), it's you guys making assumptions about me, a dude you have never met.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot

MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Lol.

You always cheer me up because you assume the things I say imply some angry mood, instead of just being statements on the way things look from my vantage point.

I'm a happy guy with a lot of interests and a lot of time to indulge in those interests.

But, if there's another thing that's super common in this thread (and in this forum), it's you guys making assumptions about me, a dude you have never met.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Dude, you just can’t help yourself, coming off like a douchebag....and a clueless one at that!

If you must know (i.e. want to have a clue and not just say more stupid shit out your ass)....if I had stayed in the consulting world, a world I left almost twenty years ago, expert witness testimony would have been a bigger part of my career.  However, I’ve been in government compliance with the same company for 19 years.  When you are good at your job your company avoids the kind of disputes that require arbitration/mediation/litigation....hence expert witness testimony is unnecessary.  I had been involved with mediation teams earlier in my career, but I was the young guy crunching the numbers and pulling regulatory support, not the guy sitting on the stand. The particular dispute I was called for this week has to do with issues with one of our subs, against whom we had to file suit to recoup audit adjustments.  So, no, expert witness testimony is not common for me.

Next time you don’t know something, and want to inquire, just ask, rather than act like a.....

As for this thread, it’s a big world out there, people do lots of different cool shit, and it’s interesting to get a flavor for what other people encounter in their day to day.  It’s not about being “important”.  Do you really think I need to feel important with validation from the likes of you?  I don’t think so.  You don’t dig the thread, don’t f’ing read it!

Just because you don’t do anything remotely interesting beyond ski, have daddy fly you to golf tournaments, and bitch about politics on the interwebz (not interesting), don’t get all sore at us.

Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
MC, do you have a good, bad, or ugly story about work?
"Rocks. I watched rocks today."
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Do you really think I need to feel important with validation from the likes of you?
Yes