The 70's were better because:

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
58 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The 70's were better because:

greif
-Girls went braless and nipple outlines were not outlawed!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The 70's were better because:

Johnnyonthespot
Because I was a wet spot on the bed in the 70's.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by greif
You'll get no argument from me. MC on the other hand will be here in 3...2...1.... to tell you how wrong you are.
Reply | Threaded
|

greif
Better because in the 70's there was more snow and it did not melt as fast.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
People earned their trophies
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Cuz I had long long long effing hair and a wicked fu Manchu and my kids thought I was Chuck Negron of 3 Dog Nite

And yeah baby nippies were out there pointin' toward heaven and the back beat was killer and axes ruled and amps were Fukin' walls for the first time.

N dudes were loose like a swoose haha.elephant bells n suede rocked and gas was fun in cheap.  Nuff said
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
warp daddy wrote
Cuz I had long long long effing hair and a wicked fu Manchu and my kids thought I was Chuck Negron of 3 Dog Nite

And yeah baby nippies were out there pointin' toward heaven and the back beat was killer and axes ruled and amps were Fukin' walls for the first time.

N dudes were loose like a swoose haha.elephant bells n suede rocked and gas was fun in cheap.  Nuff said
FTW
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I’m not sure that being allowed to be in to baby nipples and not go to jail is a check in the plus column, right?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
JTG4eva! wrote
I’m not sure that being allowed to be in to baby nipples and not go to jail is a check in the plus column, right?
Ha! I chose to imagine a comma should have appeared after the word baby. If the comma was meant to go before it, that’s a different story.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Grammar and punctuation hahahahahaa not my forte  
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
One of a few rare pics of me in the 70's. If you look closely, you can see my maga hat.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I can’t think of much past 71 that was good. The Beatles broke up in 1970 & Vietnam was still raging, gas prices went bonkers and we had Watergate, Gerry Ford & Carter.
On the brighter side, Paul Simon released Kodachrome which offset the Hollies and the BeeGees going Disco in the later years. The lates 70s were an F’ing waist land. You had Pintos, Novas & Mustang IIs that weren’t worth a shit. The Iranian hostage crisis that Carter blew out of proportion. We were in a death spiral. I dare say, as much as I don’t like a lot of what Regan did, he pulled up on the stick hard and got us out of a tail spin.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

JohnIrvingwrestles
PeeTex wrote
I can’t think of much past 71 that was good. The Beatles broke up in 1970 & Vietnam was still raging, gas prices went bonkers and we had Watergate, Gerry Ford & Carter.
On the brighter side, Paul Simon released Kodachrome which offset the Hollies and the BeeGees going Disco in the later years. The lates 70s were an F’ing waist land. You had Pintos, Novas & Mustang IIs that weren’t worth a shit. The Iranian hostage crisis that Carter blew out of proportion. We were in a death spiral. I dare say, as much as I don’t like a lot of what Regan did, he pulled up on the stick hard and got us out of a tail spin.
Side cuts, fat skis, 10mm race skis, snow making, Spacemen 3 ...... oh so many good things since 1971!

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I should have qualified my statement - my reference was for the period 1970 - 1979. To be precise, I can’t think of a whole lot great about the period 1971-1982.
I will say though that the Military Industrial Complex was doing pretty well circa 1977 - 1980, at least I was making a lot of money off them.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PeeTex wrote
, I can’t think of a whole lot great about the period 1971-1982..
Didn't you have a kid during this period?

I like the tax rates and titties of the 70s. Some solid rock music was produced in the time, too. NASA was kicking some ass. Carl Sagan. The Godfather movies, Animal House, Caddyshack, golden age of Saturday Night Live, the EPA starting.

Seems like an okay time. Now there's better beer, better vehicles, more knowledge, and things are better if you're gay.

Good things/bad things, just like almost every other time in history.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
I can’t think of much past 71 that was good. The Beatles broke up in 1970...
Gotta throw in with MC here.  Whilst the Beatles may have broken up the 70s (early, particularly) were a treasure trove of classic vinyl, the best of it inspired by those same Beatles.

MC...weren’t you, like johnny, just a thought swirling around in daddy’s ball sack in the 70s?
Reply | Threaded
|

JohnIrvingwrestles
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
"Sticky Fingers" "Exile on Main street" .... Mick Taylor joined the Stones and they stopped being a boy band like that other boy band the Beatles....

Love love me do.......She said Yah yah yah......I wanna hold your hand..... Backstreet Boys crap before there was the Backstreet Boys....
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I’ll give you two words that solidify how great the 70s were.

Penthouse Forum!

I wasn’t even a teenager when the 70s ended so it’s hard to say I really enjoyed many of the things we can look back fondly on now as having been from the 70s, like titties, but that 70s forum material?  That was the tits!
Reply | Threaded
|

greif
Silicon Valley and all the goodies that came later was born.
Reply | Threaded
|

JohnIrvingwrestles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhOP5xOc1Nk

Sitting on the right field wall waiting for the final out & watching Reggie Earl Campbell his way over people.  Dangerous, menacing, and you know it's  just not right but oh so much more dramatic than watching Wade Boggs ride around on a police horse.... that was the 70's