classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1194 messages Options
1 ... 10111213141516 ... 60
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Be The Ball

pro2860
I am looking forward to watching this when it comes out.

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In the airport on my way back from Miami. Got a lesson at the Jim McLean golf school and played the Blue Monster at Doral. Impossible course (made harder because I completely changed my grip). Shot a disappointing 96.

Couple of pics of my dad:

Beautiful course:

Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Nice pics. I have yet to play there but would really like to!

Your dad looks to be in pretty good position in those photos!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Much like skiing, youth and athleticism can compensate for a lot of mechanical flaws. He's way more technically sound than I am, but we usually shoot similar numbers. The coach had a lot to work on with me, a couple of minor tweaks with him.

There was a lot of video and a helpful before/after. Hopefully I can post it up and show the changes that I made.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
The only golf I am nterested in is the Volkswagon Golf. As such, this will be my one and only post in this thread.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Marcski wrote
The only golf I am nterested in is the Volkswagon Golf.
That makes one of us...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This year will make the first in any recent memory that we haven't tee'd it up on Masters Sunday. Honestly I'm kinda bummed about that.  Gonna be a late start on the links this year. Not that I'm planning on playing all kinds of golf this year, but I sure do have Cabin Fever ---- BAD!!!

I'm ready for SPRING
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Snowing up here now planning on a good weekend of making turns , but when the time comes for the silly stick and the small stick ill be grinning too.
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Marcski
Marcski wrote
The only golf I am nterested in is the Volkswagon Golf. As such, this will be my one and only post in this thread.
I'm with ya. It's a sport played by those Wishing they had a better putter or balls.

Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Howzabout Jack.....75 and still canning hams

Next to the Ryder Cup, The Masters is my fav golf event to watch
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Jaaaaaack !!!! Is DA Man
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
That he is Warp.

I wonder if Tiger will catch him now. When Tiger first came on to the show I was certain he would, he had game like nobody had ever seen. Now with injuries, it truly makes me wonder. He certainly has time, just not sure if he has the game anymore. That too is his own fault as he raised the level of the game. He has nobody to blame but himself if he doesn't break Jack's  record of 18 Major Championships. Maybe the Golden Bear will always be the man to catch......wicked fun watching history in the making.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
campgottagopee wrote
That he is Warp.

I wonder if Tiger will catch him now. When Tiger first came on to the show I was certain he would, he had game like nobody had ever seen. Now with injuries, it truly makes me wonder. He certainly has time, just not sure if he has the game anymore. That too is his own fault as he raised the level of the game. He has nobody to blame but himself if he doesn't break Jack's  record of 18 Major Championships. Maybe the Golden Bear will always be the man to catch......wicked fun watching history in the making.
Tiger is a has been.  

I think his body is failing him early than it should due to his overly aggressive style of play.  Watching Tiger's swing makes my back hurt.  It would be really cool to see him make a Vijay Singh style run in his 40's, and battle both Macalroy and Speith for dominance.  Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to happen.  I think Jordan Speith is the guy to watch.  He has displayed amazing consistency with his mental game, and he is still only a kid.

My prediction: A Masters play-off between Tiger and Dustin Johnson... complete with an after party fueled by cocaine and prostitutes.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
nepa wrote

Tiger is a has been.  

I'm not quite there yet

nepa wrote

I think his body is failing him early than it should due to his overly aggressive style of play.  Watching Tiger's swing makes my back hurt.  It would be really cool to see him make a Vijay Singh style run in his 40's, and battle both Macalroy and Speith for dominance.  Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to happen.  I think Jordan Speith is the guy to watch.  He has displayed amazing consistency with his mental game, and he is still only a kid.

Makes one wonder about all his swing changes. Through the years all we would hear about are Tiger's swing changes. Tiger would say it's in an effort to get better, which is fine, but in hindsight look at all the time he "wasted" on swing changes.......what if he stuck with that old shitty swing , would he have 3 more majors now??? Don't ever recall Jack ever going through a swing change. Hell he played a fade!?!?!?! OMFG, a friggin fade, but he stuck with what he had and would grind it out with the best of them.

It will be interesting to watch Tiger this week. If he wins, I won't be surprised. If he misses the cut I wouldn't be surprised either. That's kind of the Tiger we have right now.

nepa wrote

My prediction: A Masters play-off between Tiger and Dustin Johnson... complete with an after party fueled by cocaine and prostitutes.
Hookers and blow baby
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
What is really mind blowing is that Nicklaus had 19 2nd Place finishes and 9 3rd place finishes in majors which brings his total to 46 times in the top 3!!! That feat will NEVER be equaled.

In regards to Jack's "fade", the ball moved maybe a yard from left to right...

If Tiger wins the Masters I will be shocked but I do think he will make the cut.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
I agree. Forget the Groundhog or March 21st. To me, The Master's = the official start of spring. I love watching the Pros play the same holes year after year and remembering the shots from years past (this is where Jack made that putt in '86, this is where Greg Norman blew it, this is where Tiger made that chip that teetered on the brink and fell in...).

My pick for this year is Jordan Speith. He's been playing really well.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote

Did/does he, or did/does he not play a fade ?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
I agree. Forget the Groundhog or March 21st. To me, The Master's = the official start of spring. I love watching the Pros play the same holes year after year and remembering the shots from years past (this is where Jack made that putt in '86, this is where Greg Norman blew it, this is where Tiger made that chip that teetered on the brink and fell in...).

Agree 100%

mattchuck2 wrote

My pick for this year is Jordan Speith. He's been playing really well.
I'm goin with Bubba.....i love redneck golfers
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
What is really mind blowing is that Nicklaus had 19 2nd Place finishes and 9 3rd place finishes in majors which brings his total to 46 times in the top 3!!! That feat will NEVER be equaled.

That is mind blowing

pro2860 wrote

If Tiger wins the Masters I will be shocked but I do think he will make the cut.
Really??? Nothing the man does shocks me anymore. Hell, he's bangin Lindsey
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
pro2860 wrote

Did/does he, or did/does he not play a fade ?
Yes he definitely played a fade. His shots looked almost perfectly straight, then fell ever so slightly to the right coming down...
1 ... 10111213141516 ... 60