The Golf Thread

1184 messages Options
12345678 ... 119
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: review of Sun Mountian rain gear

Good shootin Warp---pretty soon you'll B shooting your age!!! Pretty cool when that happens. Hopfeully I live long enough for it to happen
Z Z
Reply |

This fing weather.  Have not been able to play in a week

Maybe Sunday afternoon if there is not too much snow on the ground in lake placid
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Played yesterday . After a week of rain , course was wet in spots and gave NO roll at all, greens were slower too.  Shot a pair of 42's for an 84 , one bird , 5 pars , but a few doubles ugh ! !  Made the mistake of bringing my lighter putter and ledt a few short so today the heavy one goes back in the bag ;)

Supposed to rain the next few days so i figured better get out there again this am
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Just back from 18 today , 43/40 /83  with 9 pars BUT 4 friggen doubles . the only thing that saved my AZZ today was only 34 putts for 18 . Yep, i went back to my old heavy mallet putter ;)
Z Z
Reply |

Re: The Golf Thread

Shot a 78 in the pouring rain Sunday with only one double bogey on 18.  Given the weather and no roll a very good score.

Monday my short irons I starting hitting slightly thin so the lower flight put me over 8 greens and you can not go over on an Allister Mackenzie course.  A very painful 80 resulted.  I need to hit the range and sort out my angle of attack.

The golf gods take away more that they give.
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Nice round Z !!! Playing in the rainis ALWAYS an adventure .
Z Z
Reply |

I'm a mudder.  I seem to always play well in bad weather.  I think it focuses me on the task.
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Good on ya coach , playing a difficult game under adverse condition takes serious skill and dedication ..... Nice goin man !,,

Just back from 18 today in the heat wave , played ok 8 pars , 32 putts , 42 /41 /83 .

BUT , i was ON the damn green in 2 on a long par 5 looking at an eagle , When my ass had to hustle to get a damn par , yep i rushed it and Messed up .with 3 damn putts arrrrrgh ;)  The course giveth and the course taketh away
Z Z
Reply |

I had a fun match with my son yesterday on the Pristine 9 at the Lake Placid Club.  We had to go to an extra hole and I had to make birdies on the last two to take the match.  I shot a 33 and he had a 51.  I'm going to have to start cutting back on the strokes he gets and I hope he is giving me strokes some day.  I just ordered him a new set of clubs in the next size up.  This summer he is doing the advanced jr golf clinics all summer at the LP Club.

Golf is one of the few sports like skiing where you can enjoy it with your kids.

If you have not played the Pristine 9 its well worth playing when you are in Lake Placid.  It's a par 29 course with 7 par threes and two par fours.  The par threes all are different lengths from 90 to 205 yards.  The greens are small and fast with lots of slope.  This was designed by Allister Mackenize designer of the Augusta National and is similair to the par 3 course there.  
Z Z
Reply |

A nice sunny day for the NYSEF open on Sunday. Two groups tied at a gross 58.  What is remarkable about that is that you had to play different tees depending on your HCP.  HCP of 9 and under had to play the Gold "Tiger" tees which are crazy long on about 6 holes taking the best players essentially out of the hole.

Me thinks there are some sandbaggers out there.

My question - do you under report, over report or right on report your scores for HCP purposes?
12345678 ... 119